PDA

View Full Version : Boyd's new horse

Black Points
Dec. 10, 2011, 03:20 PM
Just saw that Boyd's sponsors bought him a new 5 yr old Canadian bred horse to bring up through the levels.

In the back of my mind I remember seeing a video of Boyd riding a new, young horse he bought from Bruce. Anyone know what is up with that horse?

It always amazes me how fast horses that seem to be primed to be UL horses come and go.

Mary in Western NY
http://www.BPEquine.com

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 10, 2011, 04:11 PM
Just saw that Boyd's sponsors bought him a new 5 yr old Canadian bred horse to bring up through the levels.

In the back of my mind I remember seeing a video of Boyd riding a new, young horse he bought from Bruce. Anyone know what is up with that horse?

It always amazes me how fast horses that seem to be primed to be UL horses come and go.

Mary in Western NY

The horse he got from Bruce is Brewster. He is just 4 turning 5 year old so still just a youngster. From what I've seen coming along nicely but not being pushed too fast.

Why are you writing him off just because Boyd got another horse? He is still with Boyd...Boyd just got yet another nice youngster added to his string.

retreadeventer
Dec. 10, 2011, 04:20 PM
Boyd has a PILE of horses right now. Young, medium, veterans. The shedrow is like a mile long!

Black Points
Dec. 10, 2011, 04:24 PM
BFNE, I'm not writing him off... Just hadn't heard anything about him. Didn't know his name so wasn't sure if Boyd was even competing him at the lower levels. Thanks for the name. I looked him up on Boyd's website. Now I remember that I was interested because he's by Salute the Truth and I like that stallion. Glad he's still with Boyd.

Mary in Western NY

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 10, 2011, 04:46 PM
I think he has been running mostly novice. I'm sure you will see a lot more of him in the next few years.

Duckz
Dec. 10, 2011, 06:48 PM
Ooo, a Salute the Truth baby with Boyd! How cool! I'm looking forward to following his progress

Bravestrom
Dec. 10, 2011, 06:52 PM
I am dying to know the breeding of this new horse. He bought it just down the street from us.

VicariousRider
Dec. 10, 2011, 09:05 PM
He has an entire string of LOVELY horses at all levels at this point. The nice thing is that we don't "hear" about the young ones constantly because they do get time off. He also has a phenomenal group of owners. I think he' building a pretty terrific bench and should be on track for years to come.

ETA: For everyone who has issues with people buying 4* horses rather than making them, this is one rider that you should really be able to get behind. That is certainly his program.

3phase
Dec. 10, 2011, 10:09 PM
Brave-he got him from Waylon. Sure if you contacted Ian or Waylon at Dreamcrest they'd know-says he is TB/ French bred.

Bravestrom
Dec. 10, 2011, 10:11 PM
Brave-he got him from Waylon. Sure if you contacted Ian or Waylon at Dreamcrest they'd know-says he is TB/ French bred.

I'll have to ask next time I go over - probably go over during in the next couple weeks anyway. Just wonder if it is the gelding that is the fully sibling to our 3 yr old mare that we recently bought. We didn't look at the gelding because we only wanted a mare. curious.

retreadeventer
Dec. 11, 2011, 04:18 PM
I think it would be really fabulous to go through the top 10 or 20 eventing pro's in the US -- list every horse in their barns, and find out the pedigrees to the 5th generation on each. Then include horses that they evented in the past portions of their careers, and look at those pedigrees.
I bet that you would find some common names that each rider might have. I think those names represent a "type" that each might prefer, and while they select a horse, without knowing it, might be picking for these ancestors. It's a theory, anyway! What fun to know pedigrees of all the horses in the barn....just because I love to see that sort of thing. (Like Vineyridge!:))

vineyridge
Dec. 11, 2011, 07:01 PM
Is Waylon back from his stint in Europe? Or was the horse imported by him and his dad and then sold on?

Retread, I'd love that also. I wonder if we could get the pros to cooperate? That would be a really fun project.

VicariousRider
Dec. 11, 2011, 07:12 PM
Retread, I'd love that also. I wonder if we could get the pros to cooperate? That would be a really fun project.

I don't think it could hurt to ask! I think you'll find some that just aren't "traceable" but, on the whole, I can't imagine why the pros would resist (other than maybe just time). On Boyd's site he lists the breeding (Sire & Dam) of almost all of his horses, so that's one place to start.

Of course, we have to keep in mind that some of the horses are sent to the pros to compete - not chosen by the pros, per se, so those horses might not be indicative of the pro's preferences.

3phase
Dec. 11, 2011, 08:32 PM
Waylon's back-won the indoor eventing on Evil Munchkin last month. Their site wasn't working the other day for horses for sale-wonder if he had him listed with more details on his breeding.

sisu27
Dec. 12, 2011, 09:27 AM
From what I understand the horse was Ian and Kelly's....Waylon just rode him in a video posted by Horse Junkies where the news was reported.

Waylon has his own barn now just down the road from Dreamcrest.

Evil Munchkin is owned and ridden by Sable Giesler and was borrowed for the RAWF. Super cool little horse.