PDA

View Full Version : Scubed is a STAR!!! on the USEA's video of the convention

FlightCheck
Dec. 10, 2011, 08:17 AM
In the portion about Rider Fitness, that is our own Scubed "on the board", and then being interviewed at the end of the video.

She is stylin' with her new haircut!

CookiePony
Dec. 10, 2011, 08:22 AM
OMG, I had no idea I was having dinner with such a celebrity last night!!

wildlifer
Dec. 10, 2011, 10:07 AM
Yes, I learned she is apparently pretty good at crunches!

RunForIt
Dec. 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
:D
OMG, I had no idea I was having dinner with such a celebrity last night!!

:D I expect scubed didn't either :lol:
Y'all have fun! Wish I was up there too...:winkgrin: :cool:

RunForIt
Dec. 10, 2011, 10:49 AM
I went back and watched the video...got just enough info to be curious and WANT MORE? So how to do this...??? :D

retreadeventer
Dec. 10, 2011, 04:27 PM
Yeah, me too.

scubed
Dec. 10, 2011, 05:10 PM
www.stewartclinics.com

wildlifer
Dec. 10, 2011, 06:08 PM
I love that guy -- I remember watching his talk on youtube from the conference last year and thinking, wow, what a totally awesome trainer, whoever gets to work with him is LUCKY!

VCT
Dec. 10, 2011, 06:19 PM
I got to do a clinic with him this summer! It was fun! :)

Aussie08
Dec. 12, 2011, 01:36 PM
Yes, Scubed did a great job as Daniel Stewart's guinea pig and who else was impressed with Marilyn Payne's effort? She is a very balanced 'rider'!

Where were the videos posted? I want to show the husband as I was so very impressed with both of his sessions.

I also talked to someone that their daughter listens to his cd before every competition.

All that being said, if we could get a clinic scheduled for somewhere in Area III for 2012, who would seriously be interested? I'd be willing to look into it and if we could be a committed group (as I'm sure it is expensive) I'd be willing to organize it. Don't know if we can work it around the Adult Rider program but if so we might qualify for the Adult Rider assistance program. (I'd have to see if it would qualify)

The package he donated to the Silent Auction went very well!

scubed
Dec. 12, 2011, 01:42 PM
And the clinics aren't that expensive, depending on which you do.
The sports psychology one is only $750 for as many people as you want. The mounted ones are $1850 for 10 participants with travel and all included. I would definitely do a "psycho clinic"

Aussie08
Dec. 12, 2011, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure I'd be up to actually riding in that particular clinic but I'd love to audit! But, it really did sound interesting.

Ok, I'll look into all the different types he offers and then see what/if we can do it.

wildlifer
Dec. 12, 2011, 02:40 PM
I'd be interested! I actually emailed through his website to get on his newsletter mailing list and he wrote me a nice email back! He also offers "webinars" that are pretty affordable or you can set up your own through Skype, I was surprised, it's a cool idea.

FlightCheck
Dec. 12, 2011, 03:05 PM
add me to the interested list

Janet
Dec. 12, 2011, 03:26 PM
In the portion about Rider Fitness, that is our own Scubed "on the board", and then being interviewed at the end of the video.

She is stylin' with her new haircut!
You can just see me in the background.

I have actually been playing with some of the exercises since I got home.

VCT
Dec. 12, 2011, 03:40 PM
His clinics are very easy riding skills-wise (or can be!), I was in a group of varied green horses, middle aged riders like me, etc. Our jumps were just cross rails. What makes it hard is the exercises - they involve quick thinking and being able to make fast decisions and not get distracted. It was tons of fun and the physical riding part was easy for me and my horse.

RunForIt
Dec. 12, 2011, 05:23 PM
Yes, Scubed did a great job as Daniel Stewart's guinea pig and who else was impressed with Marilyn Payne's effort? She is a very balanced 'rider'!

Where were the videos posted? I want to show the husband as I was so very impressed with both of his sessions.

I also talked to someone that their daughter listens to his cd before every competition.

All that being said, if we could get a clinic scheduled for somewhere in Area III for 2012, who would seriously be interested? I'd be willing to look into it and if we could be a committed group (as I'm sure it is expensive) I'd be willing to organize it. Don't know if we can work it around the Adult Rider program but if so we might qualify for the Adult Rider assistance program. (I'd have to see if it would qualify)

The package he donated to the Silent Auction went very well!

Count me in! :D :cool:

eponacowgirl
Dec. 12, 2011, 08:31 PM
Count me in! :D :cool:

I'd be in, too, pending location!

Aussie08
Dec. 12, 2011, 09:58 PM
If someone has the link to the video, please post it so that we all can see it. I have searched the USEA and Eventing Nation sites and I can't find it or I overlooked it.

I will investigate the possibiltiy of hosting Daniel Stewart clinic and see what I can come up with. That being said, I would be looking to something in the metro Atlanta area, so that I can more easily handle any planning.

I'd be happy to share any info I get in the hopes that there would be others that could use it to try and host something in their areas. Area III is a very large area and could easily host several, if his schedule allowed.

I also have found that he has 'certified' people in his program and if he is not available perhaps one of them that is closer to each of our areas would work.

I must say I wish that he had a DVD of his exercises as it would be easier to actually duplicate them than from the book! Because my memory might not get it quite right!

Also, I have google searched and there are plenty of his books available, used and otherwise from different sources, but Amazon does seem to have the largest number together in one site.

Justa Bob
Dec. 12, 2011, 10:22 PM
Finding the Rider Fitness video link took me a while of searching too...hope this does the trick:

http://useventing.com/blog/?p=20192

Aussie08
Dec. 13, 2011, 12:27 AM
That is perfect, thank you!!!

annikak
Dec. 20, 2011, 05:45 PM
I've had him here twice- great guy! I have the balance board:-)

He is just an all around great guy! When I was legging up Taco in his younger days, my C's were..'i'm a calm, competent, compassionate, capable rider' a zillion times. It's amazing how often I use DS's C words today!

Fun Scubed!!

RunForIt
Dec. 21, 2011, 07:05 AM
Finding the Rider Fitness video link took me a while of searching too...hope this does the trick:

http://useventing.com/blog/?p=20192

My book arrived yesterday - hurray Amazon.com...now to get a balance board; my balance on one leg numbers were easy to count: about 2! horrible balance...poor horsies! Ok, Aussie 08 - get Daniel lined up. He's got a whole lotta work to do with me alone - guessing there are lots of us needing him (well, not as much as me, but I'll be working at this :cool: ) out here In AREA III ! :lol: :cool:

Aussie08
Dec. 21, 2011, 10:07 AM
I've actually emailed with questions for DS and he's send me some further info.

I'm thinking that for Area III, since we have such a busy schedule that we should shoot for June/July/August (maybe) as those are the three slowest months for us. Only a few HT's in those months and as it is so hot, generally, it might be a go. The only other option would be December either before or after the convention.

Once I really get a chance to go over the material he sent and make a decision, I'd need to find a venue that would be reasonably accessible to a good number of people. I did have someone suggest that I speak with Glenn and Janet of Pine Top. They have the 'pavilion' that could be used for the non-riding parts and they have the stabling etc...and rings. But, I would rather focus on finding a metro Atlanta venue, as that would be easier to plan around.

If I do go through with this, we would need to find committed people to enter both as riders and auditors. The cost includes his travel, lodging etc... but still, it's not cheap.

And my book should arrive today, yea! Mine was an ebay find! There are plenty of them out there from a good number of places, Amazon and ebay are just two of the many places I found online. I, too, would like to order the Stable Board but that needs to wait a bit.

Interesting news, when I emailed him, I asked if he'd considered doing an exercise DVD because for me seeing them done correctly live works better than looking at a picture. He said that once the new book is completed they were looking at doing an exercise DVD! Of course, that is a long way off. So I'll just have to do the best I can! Hey Lynda, maybe we should do an Adult Rider exercise day or weekend in metro Atlanta?! We could help and encourage each other.

RunForIt
Dec. 21, 2011, 10:36 AM
I've actually emailed with questions for DS and he's send me some further info.

I'm thinking that for Area III, since we have such a busy schedule that we should shoot for June/July/August (maybe) as those are the three slowest months for us. Only a few HT's in those months and as it is so hot, generally, it might be a go. The only other option would be December either before or after the convention.

Once I really get a chance to go over the material he sent and make a decision, I'd need to find a venue that would be reasonably accessible to a good number of people. I did have someone suggest that I speak with Glenn and Janet of Pine Top. They have the 'pavilion' that could be used for the non-riding parts and they have the stabling etc...and rings. But, I would rather focus on finding a metro Atlanta venue, as that would be easier to plan around.

If I do go through with this, we would need to find committed people to enter both as riders and auditors. The cost includes his travel, lodging etc... but still, it's not cheap.

And my book should arrive today, yea! Mine was an ebay find! There are plenty of them out there from a good number of places, Amazon and ebay are just two of the many places I found online. I, too, would like to order the Stable Board but that needs to wait a bit.

Interesting news, when I emailed him, I asked if he'd considered doing an exercise DVD because for me seeing them done correctly live works better than looking at a picture. He said that once the new book is completed they were looking at doing an exercise DVD! Of course, that is a long way off. So I'll just have to do the best I can! Hey Lynda, maybe we should do an Adult Rider exercise day or weekend in metro Atlanta?! We could help and encourage each other.

check your messages in just a minute...:cool:

wildlifer
Dec. 21, 2011, 12:36 PM
Dang, Atlanta is far! But oh how I would love to join!

ksbadger
Dec. 26, 2011, 01:07 AM
And that's Mrs. KS next to Janet. Think I was banished to a Finance meeting at the time.