PDA

View Full Version : Boarding/Training in Brighton, MI

Snugglerug
Dec. 9, 2011, 08:30 PM
Can anyone give me some guidance for good boarding and/or training in the Brighton, MI area? Moving there late Jan/early Feb. Obviously want great care, lots of turnout. Our current barn is 24/7 turnout, but each horse has a stall and comes in twice a day for grain and to be checked out. Would just love to find a similar situation.

As far as training, I'm a dressage rider who is interested in eventing at a low level. While my focus will be primarily dressage, I love cross-training and find I'm more comfortable in eventing barns (I know, I'm stereotyping. But I like to get out of the arena!) If I can find an eventing trainer who has great dressage chops, perfect. If I need to trailer somewhere local to get the dressage lessons, that would be okay too.

Thanks for any suggestions!

faybe
Dec. 9, 2011, 09:02 PM
There are lots of terrific Michiganders on this board who will probably have better suggestions, but to get you started: Cobblestone Farms in Dexter (http://www.cobblestonefarmsllc.com/)- they don't have the best turnout situation but a really friendly crowd, indoor and nice hacking. It would probably be a bit of a drive for you, hopefully others will chime in with something closer. Jill Mooney is also in the Dexter area- I don't know if she boards but she has a cover-all and does some teaching, I believe. I'll let others give you the real scoop, that's just what I know from my limited time there :).

Good luck! My husband is from that area and I've been lucky enough to spend some summers in the Dexter area. Great people (horsey and non)- I'd be happy if we ended up there one day.

Snugglerug
Dec. 9, 2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks Faybe! We're actually really excited about the move. It looks like a very horsey area!

dangerbunny
Dec. 9, 2011, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the area :)

scubed
Dec. 10, 2011, 05:24 PM
Check with Jenn Brooks. www.equijenn.com. She was in Bighton befor going back to Canada and still teaches there as I believe does her daughter, Brittany

Snugglerug
Dec. 10, 2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks everyone!