PDA

View Full Version : Trainer to Appraise Horse and PPE Vet near Naples, FL

CatchMeIfUCan
Dec. 8, 2011, 06:24 PM
I need someone to appraise a horse that I am looking to buy back who is in the Naples area. Can anyone give me a recommendation of someone who would be willing to go take a look at him?

Thanks!

Edited to add:

Any recommendations for a PPE vet near Naples as well?

Hey Mickey
Dec. 8, 2011, 11:26 PM
You may want to try calling Jen Holling.
When I was down there last winter with my boss she was the lady you called if you wanted to sell a horse or was looking for a horse.
She knows her stuff and she knows what to look for and will give you an honest answer.

CatchMeIfUCan
Dec. 9, 2011, 12:10 AM
Thank you! I understand this is a bit of an odd request so appreciate the feed back.

CatchMeIfUCan
Dec. 9, 2011, 03:22 PM
Another question:

Any recommendations for a vet for a PPE exam near Naples, FL?

Thanks!

maxxtrot
Dec. 9, 2011, 07:06 PM
wish you where needing it in ocala, would have helped you out.

CatchMeIfUCan
Dec. 9, 2011, 07:17 PM
Trust me, maxxtrot, I wish I was too!! There is absolutely nothing in Naples. I'm wondering why anyone would want to go there during the winter?

Flying Ponies
Dec. 9, 2011, 07:40 PM
Don't know how much this will help you but:

Naples is about 2.5 hours west of West Palm, where there are a good number of excellent vets.

Naples is also about 2.5 hours south of Brandon Fl. Equine Surgi- Care Center of Brandon also has excellent vets for PPE esp Dr Richter.

Don't know if you can haul the horse to either place for the PPE....

You might also check the Florida Association of Equine Practitioners Member page : you can sort by name, zip, city etc...

http://faep.net/membership/roster.php

Good luck.

Danged Arab
Dec. 9, 2011, 09:15 PM
Dr. Darrell Harvey is an excellent vet. He is with Van Roekel and Assoc. in Alva, but he is always in Naples.

Good luck!

scubed
Dec. 10, 2011, 05:16 PM
Hilda Donahues goes to Naples reasonably often and would be a good source. She may also know of vets in the area. www.ashmoreequestriancenter.com

CBudFrggy
Dec. 11, 2011, 08:53 PM
I'm not a trainer, but if this is a horse you are buying back, and you just need a fresh set of eyeballs to look him/her over, let me know if I can help you. I live in Fort Lauderdale, but travel a lot for work, mostly just for the day, so I get around the state and love looking at horses for other people. I'm pretty knowledgeable about conformation (see, I can spell it), and watching a horse move for lameness. I'm more than happy to video for you also.

If you really need a trainer, then I know I'm not the person for you. My horse and I are only at the Novice level ourselves.

ETA: Naples in the winter = beach, shopping, flats fishing, bird watching in the 'glades.

CatchMeIfUCan
Dec. 11, 2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks so much, CBudFrggy! I need an appraiser for a first right of refusal agreement and would really like to get some professional eyes because I'm not sure that the current owners and I are on the same page. Fortunately, I already know his conformation sucks :lol: and will get an extremely basic PPE to make sure we can get the right price on him. I really appreciate your generosity though! I love the CoTH community!

I am currently talking to Jenn Holling, and she has been just fantastic. So prompt in her emails and extremely helpful. I emailed Hilda Donahue to see if she will be around Naples before January 1st so hopefully I'll hear back.

Thank you everyone for your help. I was having a minor freak out when I couldn't find ANYTHING in that area online (I live in WI).