PDA

View Full Version : Still Searching.. boarding in Nashville, TN?

eventer10490
Dec. 8, 2011, 12:35 PM
Hi im still searching for boarding facilities in Nashville... preferably east nashville. Ive found a few boarding places but... they arent very nice.. I am just needing a nicer place to put my event horse. A eventing barn would be ideal but at this point any nice boarding place would work. Thank you!!

faybe
Dec. 8, 2011, 12:58 PM
Did you look at Wil-lo Blue (http://www.wil-lobluefarm.com/)? More south than east, but maybe what you're looking for.

nashfad
Dec. 8, 2011, 01:05 PM
Did you look at Southern Promise? Not alot of places "east" to board (then I guess that depends on your definition of "east" in Nashville). What exactly are you looking for?

eventer10490
Dec. 8, 2011, 02:40 PM
Im actually off stewarts ferry which is like 20 minutes directly east down I-40 from downtown nashville. Im going to school so i really dont have the time (or money) to drive to franklin. Ive looked at wil-lo blue, which is where i would really like to go but its about a 45 minute drive. Ive looked at other places north but they are still pretty far too (30-40 min drive). Im really just looking for a nice, well kept, well managed farm. Room for conditioning would be ideal because i compete at prelim and its kinda crucial to have room to do that stuff. Im looking for full care. Like i said it doesnt have to be an eventing barn.. any barn would do :)

subk
Dec. 8, 2011, 05:00 PM
Green Pastures in Brentwood is probably a little less than 30 minutes from Stewarts Ferry if you avoid high traffic times. Interstate the whole way. They have two separate facilities with different amenities at different price ranges.

You might call someone with the CTDA--Central Tn Dressage Association they have a website. I know of zero eventing barns east of Nashville, but there may be a dressage facility in Auburntown, Pioneer Valley Stables I think. I know nothing about them except they've hosted a CTDA schooling show.

eponacowgirl
Dec. 8, 2011, 11:06 PM
You're going to have a hard time finding a nice barn in that area. You need to go to Gallatin, Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood.

A couple decent facilities are popping up in Antioch area (Sterling Farms and another I've seen on Craigslist, can't remember the name). But Gallatin- Lazy J, Charlie Horse Stables, Sterling Farms North and a couple lesson barns are probably closest to you and you wouldn't find yourself fighting traffic.

reay6790
Dec. 8, 2011, 11:17 PM
Brownland Farm in Franklin? H/J but a nice barn :) i show there frequently.

TheBrightSide06
Dec. 9, 2011, 09:15 AM
Hunters Court is also a H/J barn, and in Murfreesboro, but I've ridden there a few times and it is SUPER nice.
http://hunterscourt.com/

Big Spender
Dec. 9, 2011, 09:34 AM
I can give you my sister's contact information. She lives in Franklin. She used to event but now does dressage. I'm not sure where she boards, but at least she might be able to give you some more information about the area. Let me know.

Carolyn

eventer10490
Dec. 9, 2011, 02:20 PM
That would be great! I really appriciate the help. Ive read about this sterling farms place. Is it nice?
Yeah im really beginning to realize how hard it is. There is literally nothing haha... not even plain old boarding facilities. My school would be located in the only area without horse farms haha

eponacowgirl
Dec. 9, 2011, 08:03 PM
That would be great! I really appriciate the help. Ive read about this sterling farms place. Is it nice?

I've been to the facility before they had it. It had potential but I don't know what they've done with it. :)

CookiePony
Dec. 10, 2011, 08:31 AM
I live in East Nashville (closer to downtown), work full time, and commute to my barn in Columbia, if that tells you anything. There aren't that many nice boarding places on that side of town, as people are saying. If anyone would know about a nice one it would be eponacowgirl. I'd head for Green Pastures or Southern Promise-- they're not that far, in the scheme of things, and have the land for conditioning. The commute would be worth it.

eventer10490
Dec. 10, 2011, 01:06 PM
Thank you! Im going to check out green pastures. Do you guys know if theres a website for them? Also i looked at southern promise i believe its in college grove? Its about a 45 min drive :/ i hate to be difficult I just dont have the time or money to drive super far :( i wish i did tho!

olympicdreams04
Dec. 10, 2011, 03:34 PM
There used to be a farm named Benchmark in Murfreesboro that was quite nice. You go about 8 mi past Hunters Court and take a left

eventer10490
Dec. 10, 2011, 06:20 PM
I just went a looked at Green Pastures and LOVED it! Does anyone board out there or has anyone boarded there? Would love some reviews!

vagabondrider
Dec. 10, 2011, 08:19 PM
Wil-Lo Blue Farm is in Franklin, TN. Trainers are Bill & Lori Hoos & also their grown up kids Becca & Josh. I was a working student there a long time ago- fantastic trainers. Bill has done the 4 star at Rolex. If I were in Nashville that's where I'd be.

subk
Dec. 10, 2011, 10:34 PM
I just went a looked at Green Pastures and LOVED it! Does anyone board out there or has anyone boarded there? Would love some reviews!
I've boarded there--both sides. Which facility are you looking at the Franklin Road side or the Wilson Pike side?

FleabittenGray
Dec. 11, 2011, 09:58 AM

I currently board there and love it! Had my hunter at the arena barn before I sold him and went off to college and have had my old guy at the retirement barn for about 4 years. Lots of boarding options, and the staff is great. I have really enjoyed all the land you have to hack out on--in the front fields they have a couple jumps (including a coop) set up as well, which I'm sure you'd enjoy.

eventer10490
Dec. 11, 2011, 02:11 PM
To be completely honest I thought i was alittle hard to find the place. No one answered the number on the internet so we just drove and entered (once we figured it was the place with all the mailboxes haha) from Franklin road. We looked at the barn with the large indoor attached. SOO NICE. I loved it! Is there another facility? Its so big haha and yes i was impressed with the amount of land its soo beautiful out there. Not to mention those houses out there are stunning haha. The only thing that im alittle unsure of is the price. Its alittle high and i was also looking for possibly working to pay my board but it doesnt seem like they need the help haha

eponacowgirl
Dec. 11, 2011, 06:35 PM
There used to be a farm named Benchmark in Murfreesboro that was quite nice. You go about 8 mi past Hunters Court and take a left

Benchmark is beyond SPF coming from the east side. :) Not one or two miles, but still further. But very nice and love the owners!

eponacowgirl
Dec. 11, 2011, 06:39 PM
Thank you! Im going to check out green pastures. Do you guys know if theres a website for them? Also i looked at southern promise i believe its in college grove? Its about a 45 min drive :/ i hate to be difficult I just dont have the time or money to drive super far :( i wish i did tho!

30-45 minutes is a pretty standard commute to get just about anywhere in town!

FleabittenGray
Dec. 11, 2011, 06:48 PM
There are three separate boarding areas:
1. The back barn (where you were)- has the arena barn, a few smaller barns, the indoor, jumping ring, and dressage ring
- The front barn/Trish Franks' barn- the one you can see from Franklin Road with a couple barns and jumping ring
- The retirement barn- Keep going down the road past Trish Franks' and over the railroad tracks. Small barn with two large fields and a small paddock. FYI your horse doesn't have to be "retired" to board here--just doesn't have a ring.

And no, the whole facility has full-time workers (some live on the property) so you won't be able to work off your board. Not sure what's open right now but the smaller barns in the back barn area are cheaper than the arena barn, however.

smoothsailing91
Mar. 13, 2012, 05:39 PM
Does any one know of a barn that will work with a recently graduated college student wanting to show in jumpers, but on limited budget? I am willing to work and work off part of board. Just need somewhere that i feel mine and my trainers idea are the same i am not just a paycheck like i feel now. I am not in a rush as my horse is in good care...just feel like a paycheck and wanting something different. Any options are great thanks!! I live in murfreesboro but work in franklin. so either can be an option.