PDA

View Full Version : George Morris Horsemanship Clinic

hunterma
Nov. 25, 2011, 03:49 PM
Does anyone know what riders will be in the George Morris Horsemanship Clinic given at WEF this January? Have not heard who the wild card selections are--

equitationisin
Nov. 25, 2011, 05:09 PM
I could guess that we could be seeing Victoria Colvin there.

meupatdoes
Nov. 26, 2011, 04:22 AM
Excuse me, George Morris doesn't teach mere pidly horsemanship.

When he teaches it, it apparently becomes horseMASTERship.
;)

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 27, 2011, 09:09 AM
From usefnetwork.com

The following 12 riders will be invited to participate:

The North American Young Riders Individual Champion from the 2011 Adequan/FEI North American Junior & Young Rider Championships presented by Gotham North ~ Sam Schaefer
The North American Junior Rider Individual Champion from the 2011 Adequan/FEI North American Junior & Young Rider Championships presented by Gotham North ~ Katherine Dinan
The 2011 Randolph College/USEF National Jr. Jumper Individual Champion ~ Meg O'Mara
The champion and reserve champion of the 2011 Platinum Performance/USEF Talent Search Finals-East ~ Sam Schaefer and Michael Murphy (not sure what they will do b/c Sam qualified above.) 3rd place was Schaefer Raposa.
The champion and reserve champion of the 2011 Platinum Performance/USEF Talent Search Finals-West ~Demi Stiegler and Sage Flynn
Two riders from the USHJA Emerging Athlete Program - unknown
Three Wild Card riders chosen by George Morris - unknown

supershorty628
Nov. 27, 2011, 12:15 PM
^Not that it matters, but Katie won the Young Rider section and Sam won the Junior section.

EAP riders will be 1st and 2nd, I imagine, so Jacob Pope and Natalie Crane.

MHM
Nov. 27, 2011, 12:31 PM
EAP riders will be 1st and 2nd, I imagine, so Jacob Pope and Natalie Crane.

That's what it said in The Chronicle's EAP coverage, assuming they both accept the invitations.

The wild card slots are the only ones that have not been announced yet, as far as I know.

k_lee85
Nov. 27, 2011, 02:26 PM
Do they bring their own horses? If not, what horses are they using?

MHM
Nov. 27, 2011, 02:37 PM
^ They usually bring their own horses, I believe. Once in a while, somebody might have to borrow or lease a horse if necessary.

For example, a rider from California might prefer to arrange to use a horse that's already in Florida, rather than ship one all the way across the country and back just for the clinic.

dp1092
Nov. 27, 2011, 03:47 PM
^ They usually bring their own horses, I believe. Once in a while, somebody might have to borrow or lease a horse if necessary.

For example, a rider from California might prefer to arrange to use a horse that's already in Florida, rather than ship one all the way across the country and back just for the clinic.

Unless they show at WEF or Ocala over the winter

MHM
Nov. 27, 2011, 04:22 PM
Unless they show at WEF or Ocala over the winter

Yes, hence the phrase "just for the clinic."

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 27, 2011, 05:06 PM
^Not that it matters, but Katie won the Young Rider section and Sam won the Junior section.

sorry I didn't clarify that.

dp1092
Nov. 28, 2011, 09:26 PM
Wildcards for the GM clinic are Sarah Milliren, Wilton Porter, and Samantha Ramsay

CaliZ
Nov. 28, 2011, 09:28 PM
Are these clinics recorded and posted online?
It would be great to see some of these riders in a clinic!

Beenthere
Nov. 28, 2011, 09:30 PM
Great wild card choices. That Porter kid certainly can ride. I really enjoy him in the ring.

MHM
Nov. 28, 2011, 09:34 PM
Are these clinics recorded and posted online?
It would be great to see some of these riders in a clinic!

Last year there was a live feed of the whole thing at www.usefnetwork.com (http://www.usefnetwork.com) and it was available afterwards as well. It might still be up on the site.

dp1092
Nov. 28, 2011, 11:05 PM
Great wild card choices. That Porter kid certainly can ride. I really enjoy him in the ring.

I agree! I haven't seen him show until this year's indoors, and he's bold in the jumpers, I like it! :yes:

Star's Ascent
Nov. 28, 2011, 11:20 PM
I remember him from one of the shows online not too long ago and was really impressed with him. I'll look forward to watching him ride!