PDA

View Full Version : never mind. please ignore

oxLetsGoCanterxo
Nov. 25, 2011, 03:43 PM

danceronice
Nov. 25, 2011, 04:45 PM
Wow, did YOU come to the wrong place....

olivertwist96
Nov. 25, 2011, 04:47 PM

This ^^

These kind of posts do not belong on this forum. Prepare to be attacked.

kookicat
Nov. 25, 2011, 05:19 PM
What will banning horse slaughter actually do? IMO, it shouldn't be banned, and there should be more slaughterhouses open so that the horses don't have to endure a long journey.

Long Spot
Nov. 25, 2011, 05:28 PM
Whooo Boy.

Good thing I've got vodka. Looks like a pump and dump night.

Editing to Add...Take it easy on the OP here, gang. A look through her old posts looks like she's a youngster.

ALTERthepress
Nov. 25, 2011, 05:28 PM

*nod*

...Should be fun! :lol:

Anteup
Nov. 25, 2011, 06:04 PM

LOVE it:lol:

NOMIOMI1
Nov. 25, 2011, 06:08 PM
When you sign this petition please feel free to donate some money to the horses down here in the drought :no:

They are running out of places to send them that have adequate feed...

fourmares
Nov. 25, 2011, 10:08 PM
Horse slaughter here in the USA is better than a long drive to Mexico and the truely inhumane methods of slaughter employed there.... it's also better than being starved to death because your owner can't afford hay and can't find a rescue with any space left at the inn... or just being turned loose in the hills to fend for yourself. Good for Obama for doing the right thing.

Mukluk
Nov. 26, 2011, 11:51 AM
I honestly would rather have my horse put down then not know what horrible end it might come to as it could potentially be sold from a good home to eventually land in the hands of ignorant and/or abusive people who have not business having animals of any sort (like black beauty). I have seen enough abused/starving horses in my life time.

Fun Size
Nov. 26, 2011, 09:42 PM
Yikes...where IS that bucket of popcorn...

On the serious side, though, everyone should actually go read what was signed/passed, analyze it, think about the state of plants in Canada and Mexico versus what it could be here, and then be rational about it.

Wait, that doesn't happen on any issue, does it? Silly me :)

TrotTrotPumpkn
Nov. 27, 2011, 12:24 AM
I read the first post and my response is that there was a group of horses that starved to death last winter about a mile away from where I board. I heard about it after the fact from my then BO, who had complained to the authorities about their condition, among some other steps. A rescue that was contacted about it as well confirmed that this is not as uncommon as one would hope.

You have to look at the alternatives. Starvation is brutal, slow and painful. These are not the type of people who are going to call the vet out to euthanize old animals. They don't call the vet period. They are the kind of owner who will bring a horse to a sale barn to make a bit of money if they can, however, hopefully before the animal loses condition.

It is very depressing.

Is there a link to the language of the bill?

KBC
Nov. 27, 2011, 12:28 AM
Horse slaughter here in the USA is better than a long drive to Mexico and the truely inhumane methods of slaughter employed there.... it's also better than being starved to death because your owner can't afford hay and can't find a rescue with any space left at the inn... or just being turned loose in the hills to fend for yourself. Good for Obama for doing the right thing.

:yes::yes: This, I don't need to repeat, so pass the vodka and the popcorn this way

Fun Size
Nov. 27, 2011, 12:35 AM
It took some digging, but here it is! (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gpo.gov%2Ffdsys%2Fpkg%2FBILLS-112hr2112rh%2Fpdf%2FBILLS-112hr2112rh.pdf&ei=n8vRTrHiFomWiALsz7HECw&usg=AFQjCNHRtbuGRJf8TqqJzHcE4I6eD0B3bQ)

The link will take you to a page that automatically starts a .pdf download. From there I just searched for "horse."

pony4me
Nov. 27, 2011, 09:01 AM
Ok, kiddies. For thoses who are blaming this all on President Obama, let's start with "How a Bill Becomes Law." Go to YouTube and select Schoolhouse Rock. Remember that? Then look up how a bill becomes law. Hint: your elected representatives voted for this. Do you know how your Senator and/or Congressperson voted on this legislation? If you don't like how they voted, you need to vote against them when they up for re-election. After that, did the bill have enough votes that it would have passed anyway if Obama had veoted it?

Every horse deserves a humane end to its life. Until all owners take full responsiblilty for every horse they've ever had, cradle to grave, we will have this problem. My first choice would be to have a low-cost humane euthanasia clinics in every state. My last choice is for horses to be trucked to slaughterhouses in Canada and/or Mexico.

TrotTrotPumpkn
Nov. 27, 2011, 03:23 PM
I thought everyone was actually pretty well behaved OP! You should search some of the old slaughter threads--yikes. About as "nice" as the "natural hoof" threads get.

Thanks for the link piftisha. I will have to read up on it. It is good to go to the source.

Ok, so I read it and it just says that the USDF can inspect horses...I must be missing something...

GingerJumper
Nov. 27, 2011, 04:35 PM
Seeing as this was originally about horse slaughter, I think we all deserve a pat on the back for being so well behaved. :lol:

Oh, and just because the OP is young doesn't mean she should get special treatment. I don't agree with teens being treated with any more "tact" or whatever than their adult counterparts. If you can post on a forum, you can be responsible for what you're posting on it.

And yes, I am a teen.