PDA

View Full Version : Who makes low-rise, knee-patch, euro seat/seam with sock-sleeve bottom breeches?

Fancy That
Nov. 24, 2011, 03:51 PM
And in colors besides beige?

The only one I KNOW of is this one, Equine Couture:
http://www.smartpakequine.com/equine-couture-sportif-schooling-breeches-7613p.aspx?cm_vc=Search

Is there anything else? Does Ariat have one w/ the Euro Seat/Seam? (I know they have the sock/sleeve leg bottoms)

I'd love a navy pair, but am leery of the EC ones above due to material and fit. Anyone else?

BigDreams07
Nov. 24, 2011, 04:09 PM
Ariat has several different styles, and I know FITS also has the Beka breech which matches your specifications. Also, I believe Ovation does too

Fancy That
Nov. 24, 2011, 04:14 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, found the Ariats that fit my bill:
http://www.smartpakequine.com/ariat-olympia-front-zip-low-rise-euro-seat-9297p.aspx?cm_vc=Search

But hoping to not spend $200 on schooling breeches. Still on the hunt. May have to cave and get the ECs, at only about $70 :)
==========================================

Thanks! I figured one of the Ariats would, but just didn't know which style (there are so many of them)

Oops, I also knew about the FITS Beka, but am staying away from FITS.

Would be happy w/ Ariat or even Ovation. Guess I'll start searching to see which ones have the Euro Seat.....

carolinagirl17
Nov. 24, 2011, 04:37 PM
kingsland =]

huntereq1991
Nov. 24, 2011, 07:12 PM
I was just about to write about the Ariat Olympias! :) I recently bought a pair with the side zip and love them! It was hard to stomach the $200 for schooling breeches, but they were the only pair that matched my specific criteria (there were a few others, but they cost even more!)

Others that might work for you-

Ovation breeches (http://www.123tack.com/ovation-ladies-celebrity-euroweave-dx-euro-seat-front-zip-knee-patch-breeches.html)

Another pair of Ovation breeches (http://www.123tack.com/ovation-ladies-euro-ultra-dx-knee-patch-breech.html)

I am not sure what type of closure is at the bottom of the Romfh breeches, but otherwise, these (http://www.123tack.com/romfh-lexington-euro-seat-knee-patch-breeches.html#customer-reviews)might work for you.

kookicat
Nov. 24, 2011, 07:16 PM
Check Ebay. :)

Moocow
Nov. 25, 2011, 03:00 AM
Animo. But they're pretty pricey for schooling breeches...

comingback
Nov. 25, 2011, 06:30 AM
Check out www.thecollectiononlinestore.com. They have this style for about eighty bucks iirc.

Fancy That
Nov. 25, 2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys! You are the best :) I've got my eye on the Ovations, and I love the Romfh, but I don't think they are sock/sleeve bottom.

I'll go check out the collection store.......

(and yes, Animo is amazing, but too $$$ for schooling "extra" breeches. I think I'd go the Ariat route if I want to go a touch higher)

oxLetsGoCanterxo
Nov. 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
For schooling I ride in the TuffRider low-rise ribbed euroseats (I guess we have the same taste haha) And I LOVE them. They were only $50-$60 and for schooling, they are great. I also wore them in a show and got many compliments. People were surprised when I said they were TuffRiders. Here is a picture of me wearing them at a show:
(sorry non-facebook users)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.295256743832254.77665.100000437911792&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=295257410498854&set=a.295256743832254.77665.100000437911792&type=3&theater

Fancy That
Nov. 25, 2011, 11:42 AM
LGC - I have those exact same breeches and they are my favorite, but mine have velcro tab bottoms, and I really want the sock sleeve type bottoms.

If TuffRider just made those exact ones with the bottoms I like (and they DO have that bottom on other types of their breeches), I'd get it in a heartbeat.

Someone mentioned that they've taken their velcro closures and converted them with elastic, so they are more like the sock sleeve type. I'm tempted to just do that since there are so many more breeches that have everything else I want (low-rise, wide waist band, euro-seat, extended knee patch) but with velcro closures.

At this point, these Ovations have everything I'm looking for, though I honestly wish I could find something at $80 or less (and I don't want EC) for schooling.
http://www.123tack.com/ovation-ladies-euro-ultra-dx-knee-patch-breech.html

For schooling I ride in the TuffRider low-rise ribbed euroseats (I guess we have the same taste haha) And I LOVE them. They were only $50-$60 and for schooling, they are great. I also wore them in a show and got many compliments. People were surprised when I said they were TuffRiders. Here is a picture of me wearing them at a show:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.295256743832254.77665.100000437911792&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=295257410498854&set=a.295256743832254.77665.100000437911792&type=3&theater

winter
Nov. 25, 2011, 11:43 AM
Total Hijack, but I always find it interesting that people are reluctant to spend money on schooling breeches.

My schooling breeches are Animo and I adore them. I think it makes way more sense to spend the money on schooling rather than show breeches. I typically school 5-6 days/week year round.
If I were to do winter circuit (hardly ever) I show 10-12 weeks/year, otherwise I might do 4-8 weeks in summer plus 4 weekend schooling shows in winter. That leaves 38-42 weeks in schooling breeches..... I want to be as comfortable as possible for the majority of time I spend in the saddle.
Just got me thinking that's all.....
Hijack over

cadance
Nov. 25, 2011, 12:23 PM
Baker breeches are low rise (not sure about euro seam), and have a sock sleeve bottom.

Jeffries also makes sock sleeve breeches...very popular at my barn (but a little pricey for me, personally)

Fancy That
Nov. 25, 2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks Cadance. Yep, alot of them have either the sock sleeve bottoms, or the Euro Seat, and I've found some that have both, but don't have Low Rise Waist :)

Heee - I'm picky. I'll probably just have to shell out alot more to get exactly what I want.

If anyone else knows of any others, chime in. Here's the list of requirements again:

- Available in colors other than beige/tan
- Euro Seat
- Knee Patch
- Low Rise (ideally with wider waistband too)
- Sock/Sleeve type bottoms

I know Ariat, Ovation, Animo and EC have these with all the specs listed above. Anyone else?

osgoka01
Nov. 25, 2011, 12:43 PM
Kingslands are beautiful and match your description to a T!

Also though, the Baker breeches (made by Equine Couture I believe) are a less expensive alternative. I have a pair for home use and they are very comfortable.

Fancy That
Nov. 25, 2011, 01:10 PM
Kingslands are beautiful and match your description to a T!

Also though, the Baker breeches (made by Equine Couture I believe) are a less expensive alternative. I have a pair for home use and they are very comfortable.

Thanks. The Kingsland breeches are gorgeous, but the ones I saw were velcro-tab bottoms......

I don't like the fit (for me) of anything EC (including Baker) Good for stick-figures, not girls with curves :)

doublesstable
Nov. 25, 2011, 01:22 PM
Check out www.thecollectiononlinestore.com. They have this style for about eighty bucks iirc.

The RJ classics are nice at first - I bought them for work breeches and they totally fell apart. The fabric broke down really fast.

I have yet to find any breeches that hold up better than the old Taylored Sportsmans.

For sock legs the Tuff Riders make a pair that the fabric is really nice so far. They sit a bit too low for me so I just don't tuck a shirt in when I ride in those.

Rio's Diamond
Nov. 25, 2011, 01:28 PM

Ya love these.

doublesstable
Nov. 25, 2011, 01:42 PM
Not much of a Tuff Rider fan but these are the ones that I really like...

They are reasonably priced for work, good fabric, low rise, sock bottom and do come in euro seat...

http://www.victorycanter.com/Tuff-Rider-Sierra-Bamboo-Breech-p-23216.html

Fancy That
Nov. 25, 2011, 02:06 PM
Not much of a Tuff Rider fan but these are the ones that I really like...

They are reasonably priced for work, good fabric, low rise, sock bottom and do come in euro seat...

http://www.victorycanter.com/Tuff-Rider-Sierra-Bamboo-Breech-p-23216.html

EDIT: NEVERMIND, just contacted Victory and indeed they are NOT Euro Seat :( bummer....
=================
DS - OMG, you are a savior if this is true. I always knew about these breeches but it doesn't say it is Euro Seat, so I passed.

Are they??? I've never seen pics of the backside and it doesn't say in the description:

"Super soft and luxurious, these low rise wide waist band breeches with CS2 bottom and 2 side pockets offer a very comfortable and flattering fit. Made with our popular new and improved EcoGreen bamboo fabric.60% Cotton, 32% Bamboo, 8% Lycra."

Have you seen this in person? Do they have the Euro Seat? Crossing Fingers! (and I'm a Tuff Rider fan)

doublesstable
Nov. 25, 2011, 03:50 PM
EDIT: NEVERMIND, just contacted Victory and indeed they are NOT Euro Seat :( bummer....
=================
DS - OMG, you are a savior if this is true. I always knew about these breeches but it doesn't say it is Euro Seat, so I passed.

Are they??? I've never seen pics of the backside and it doesn't say in the description:

"Super soft and luxurious, these low rise wide waist band breeches with CS2 bottom and 2 side pockets offer a very comfortable and flattering fit. Made with our popular new and improved EcoGreen bamboo fabric.60% Cotton, 32% Bamboo, 8% Lycra."

Have you seen this in person? Do they have the Euro Seat? Crossing Fingers! (and I'm a Tuff Rider fan)

The ones that I have (holding right now) "are" euro seat... the numbers on the tag are: 100635-99/859/30 Safari Ladies RN # 106882 60% Cotton 32% Bamboo 8% Lycra 10-11C1094

I hope this helps. I think you will love them if you can find them in the Euro seat.

THEY DO COME IN EURO SEAT.

I got mine here: http://www.brokenhornsaddlery.com/

Maybe you can call them talk to their English clothing person and see where she got them and maybe you can order some from them?

BABYGREENTB
Nov. 28, 2011, 10:52 AM
Ariat also makes a schooling breech that is low rise/euro seat. They are less than $100 - http://www.doversaddlery.com/ariat-heritage-low-rise-euro-breech/p/X1-35402/cn/4/

KateKat
Nov. 28, 2011, 12:03 PM
Ariat also makes a schooling breech that is low rise/euro seat. They are less than $100 - http://www.doversaddlery.com/ariat-heritage-low-rise-euro-breech/p/X1-35402/cn/4/

If you can still find them, Ariat did have a Brittany model in a lowrise, euro seat, side zip with the sock bottoms (not technically sock bottoms, but Ariat's version). I got mine for around $80 in navy blue.

I loffed them, but unfortunately they did not stand the test of time! ;) Only lasted about a year with moderate riding, but for $80 isn't horrible.

Xanthoria
Nov. 28, 2011, 01:17 PM
I might be tempted to find out how much it'd cost to have the sock bottom installed by your local seamstress, if you found all the other attributes in a pair you know is good value for money like Tuff Riders...?

FITS
Nov. 28, 2011, 03:07 PM
Suggest you try the FITS Beka Breech. It fits your description exactly. Here is the link:

http://www.fitsriding.com/breech_A607_beka.php

TheHorseProblem
Nov. 28, 2011, 05:27 PM
Ovation Celebrity meet your criteria (price included.)

vxf111
Dec. 8, 2011, 10:52 AM
Well, if anyone is still looking... I just scored a STEAL on a pair of these that don't fit...

http://www.vtosaddlery.com/product/KNEEPATCH/GSKFB.htm

Charcoal gray, size small.

They are everything the OP was looking for-- euroseat, sock bottom, low rise, knee patch. Really soft, technical fabric. And they KICK ASS. I just CAN'T.GET.THEM.ON.

Aurgh! So, if anyone is a size small... your search could be over! LOL ;)

ToTheNines
Dec. 8, 2011, 11:23 AM
I just got some FITS side zips and they are really really nice. They are going to overtake my TS ones for showing. I believe they meet your specs and the ones in the link above.

SportsFan46
Dec. 8, 2011, 12:37 PM
There are a lot of breeches now with the "sock " bottom. At least on the Ovation breeches the sock is made out of Dri Lex which will wick some of the nasty sweat that builds up under your boots or half chaps.

Fancy That
Dec. 8, 2011, 12:52 PM
I bought a few breeches since I posted this :) So far, I LOVE the Ovations the best (that Dri Lex sock bottom is AWESOME)

Thanks for all the suggestions - turns out there are QUITE a few out there now with all of those features!

TuffRider JUST came out with new PLAID BREECHES (I'm a sucker for a nice plaid) with all of these features too, and I just ordered them from Victory Canter. Can't wait to get them.
http://www.victorycanter.com/TuffRider-Highland-Bamboo-Plaid-Euro-Seat-Breech-p-23624.html

I also orderd the Ovation Ultra DX Euro Seat, as well as a Romfh Lexington EuroSeat. I'm probably going to get one of the Ariats too (If I can find a good deal on a Navy pair :)

doublesstable
Dec. 8, 2011, 01:30 PM
I like the plaid too.. those are cute.

I just got a pair of the Goode Rider breeches (don't have the sock bottom) but so far they are my favorites in my closet. (and I have A LOT of breeches!) I like the fit - they don't sag in the crotch area like other breeches do on me or pull away at my back above my rear.... I did get them on sale for 60.00 and I think they are normally pricey....

Celeritas
Dec. 8, 2011, 05:39 PM
I bought a few breeches since I posted this :) So far, I LOVE the Ovations the best (that Dri Lex sock bottom is AWESOME)

Thanks for all the suggestions - turns out there are QUITE a few out there now with all of those features!

TuffRider JUST came out with new PLAID BREECHES (I'm a sucker for a nice plaid) with all of these features too, and I just ordered them from Victory Canter. Can't wait to get them.
http://www.victorycanter.com/TuffRider-Highland-Bamboo-Plaid-Euro-Seat-Breech-p-23624.html

I also orderd the Ovation Ultra DX Euro Seat, as well as a Romfh Lexington EuroSeat. I'm probably going to get one of the Ariats too (If I can find a good deal on a Navy pair :)

Oh, I LOFF the plaid!! The DQ in me has always wanted plaid breeches. I just wish they were side zip!

What do the Romfh breeches fit like? I'm looking at their denim breech as I've been coveting denim breeches, don't want to spend much, and the Equine Couture ones fit horrendously. The On Course ones look a little cheap to me, despite being the same price as the Romfh.

huntereq1991
Dec. 10, 2011, 02:25 PM
I bought a few breeches since I posted this :)

Whenever the Romfh breeches arrive, would you mind telling me the fabric content. On the internet, I have not been able to find anything specific. Most websites just say it's a cotton/microfiber blend. The amount of cotton seems to be a big factor in durability for me! Also, could you please give me an idea of the quality of the breeches. I am always looking for nice schooling breeches that don't break the bank! Thanks.

Fancy That
Dec. 10, 2011, 09:15 PM
Celeritas and HunterEq - about the Romfh Lexington Euro Seat Breeches.....I got them, and really like them.

They definitely do NOT run small. I would say the size is true to size or even a teensy bit on the big, if anything.

Here's the material breakdown (I'm staring at the tag)
- 72% Micro Polyester
- 20% Cotton
- 8% Lycra

Especially for the price, I think they are super cute and I like them. They have a really big/wide comfort waistband, low-rise (but not too low) and the Euro Seat. But they do have velcro/tab ankle closures.

I got a beautiful dark truffle color...almost a blend between stone and mocha? Super flattering color.

I rode in my new Plaid TuffRiders today in a Hunter Pace Competition and I LOVE them!!! Especially for $60 - so super cute! I think I'm going to get another pair in a different color.

huntereq1991
Dec. 11, 2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the update, FancyThat. Looks like another item to add to the Christmas list :)

doublesstable
Dec. 11, 2011, 11:15 AM
Celeritas and HunterEq - about the Romfh Lexington Euro Seat Breeches.....I got them, and really like them.

They definitely do NOT run small. I would say the size is true to size or even a teensy bit on the big, if anything.

- 72% Micro Polyester
- 20% Cotton
- 8% Lycra

Especially for the price, I think they are super cute and I like them. They have a really big/wide comfort waistband, low-rise (but not too low) and the Euro Seat. But they do have velcro/tab ankle closures.

I got a beautiful dark truffle color...almost a blend between stone and mocha? Super flattering color.

I rode in my new Plaid TuffRiders today in a Hunter Pace Competition and I LOVE them!!! Especially for $60 - so super cute! I think I'm going to get another pair in a different color.

Glad you found some you love... the plaid are just like the beige ones I have and I like them too.

I ordered the dark plaid.... hope they fit. I usually don't order breeches because I have to try them on but since they are like my other Tuffriders I hope they are okay...

Happy breech shopping!!!

Celeritas
Dec. 11, 2011, 01:35 PM

- 72% Micro Polyester
- 20% Cotton
- 8% Lycra

Thanks! I think I'm going to give them a try :)

AnsleyGrace
Dec. 11, 2011, 01:44 PM
How true to size do the plaid TuffRiders run? I'm debating getting a pair, but I've never worn TuffRider breeches before.

Fancy That
Dec. 11, 2011, 02:08 PM
How true to size do the plaid TuffRiders run? I'm debating getting a pair, but I've never worn TuffRider breeches before.

I have a million pairs of TuffRiders, and my older ones were true to size. But I bought a new pair of the Ribbed TuffRiders that ran VERY BIG.

And now - these brand-new TuffRiders I just got (the plaid w/ euroseat, low-rise, sock-bottom) do NOT run big. They run pretty true to size. Maybe a little big in the waist, but that is my shape and is the case with all breeches, as I'm a figure-eight shape with curves.

So for THESE (new Plaid w/ Euro Seat - the Victory Canter link I posted) TuffRiders - I'd order your normal size. I really love them (the beige/chocolate ones) I don't know if I'll like the black plaid as much....the pattern seems alot bolder (black stripe is wider and more noticeable?) If anyone gets the Black Plaid - let me know how it looks/how you like them, in person :)

If you were ordering the ribbed, lowrise TRs today - I'd order a size smaller.

There are some brands that run super huge - I wish I had known that before I ordered some cool boot-leg breeches from Classic Saddlery.

Good luck!

Amage
Dec. 11, 2011, 02:29 PM
I can highly recommend the Ariat Olympias....I am incredibly hard on breeches and my pair of these are running onto about three years old! Totally worth the money and wash really well. I am also quite bold and stick them in the dryer in an emergency and they come through no problem. The only bit I would change are mine is to get a side zip pair but it is nearly impossible to get side zips in Europe!