PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Sales?

Libby416
Nov. 24, 2011, 09:04 AM
With all the sales going on, I feel like we should start a thread of some of the best sales. So go ahead, and share the best deals with the rest of us!!!

pryme_thyme
Nov. 24, 2011, 11:59 AM
Oh do share... I am armed and ready with my trusty credit card!
Visa is going to Love me this month!

Give and Take
Nov. 24, 2011, 07:22 PM
Bit of Britain:

Enter coupon code: BLKFRI11 at checkout and get 20% off your entire order.

HorseFroogle: Enter coupon code: BLKFRI11 at checkout (owned by same people as Bit of Britain)

123Tack: (only thru friday)

Tack15 for $15 off $100 of tack
Tack40 for $40 off $200 of tack
Apparel30 for $30 off $150 of apparel

Land's End: (good t-necks and vests)
30% off plus free shipping thru monday
Promotion Code DRUMSTICK and PIN 1121

VTO Saddley:
20% over $100 on most things. Use coupon code SALE

And if you do a search on facebook for your favorite store, most of them have sales coupons posted!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

joiedevie99
Nov. 24, 2011, 10:33 PM
Shop Horse Power: 25% the highest priced item in your order. Put BLKFRI in comments box (per their email)

fourmares
Nov. 25, 2011, 12:48 AM
My local tack store (Tackware House in Woodland, for all you Sacramento people) is having a big sale. 40% off boots, breeches and bling jeans, 50% off t-shirts and tank tops, they pay the sales tax from 10 - 3:30... plus she sent out a 20% off coupon for non sales items. I plan to shop local.

cada931
Nov. 25, 2011, 08:54 AM
Tropical Rider has 30-60% off and free shipping until Monday.

Charcoal Toasties 40% off
Summer colors 50% off
Inventory Clearance 60% off

http://www.tropicalrider.com/catalog.asp

redlight
Nov. 25, 2011, 10:34 AM
Five Star Tack - 10% to 30% off bridles, breastplates and reins. Plus 10% of sales are being donated to CanterUSA, MidAtlantic Horse Rescue and New Vocations. Sale ends Monday!

http://www.fivestartack.com/products.html

Angelico
Nov. 25, 2011, 11:04 AM
Black Friday makes me crazy... People think since they are buying things that are on sale, they are saving money.... If you don't NEED it, but you buy it because it is on sale (the entire mentality of BF) you are not saving money, you are throwing it away........ Sheesh!!!! Sorry, but I had to say it! :eek:

reay6790
Nov. 25, 2011, 11:13 AM
Wooo I just bought some of those charcoal toasaties from TR. Needed some full seat winter breeches. Hope they fit!

cadance
Nov. 25, 2011, 12:26 PM
bahh i just bought 2 new pairs of breeches a few weeks ago, fail! I need to restrain myself!

Big_Grey_hunter
Nov. 25, 2011, 04:12 PM
Black Friday makes me crazy... People think since they are buying things that are on sale, they are saving money.... If you don't NEED it, but you buy it because it is on sale (the entire mentality of BF) you are not saving money, you are throwing it away........ Sheesh!!!! Sorry, but I had to say it! :eek:

True, but it sure is nice for things you need. Between out growing all my old winter gear, buying a new horse, and switching disciplines (to eventing) black friday is a godsend!

JenEM
Nov. 25, 2011, 04:59 PM
Someone earlier in the week was looking for v-neck sweaters to ride in. I stocked up on stuff at Old Navy this morning, and picked up one of these (http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=76040&vid=1&pid=851473&scid=851473042) for $15. Also stocked up on some tees for layering in the winter, because at their sale prices, I don't care if they get barn-filthy! :yes:

Also picked up a breastplate from Five Star, and was torn between being bummed and being thankful that their Jubliee bridle looks like I might need a cob, which is sold out. Unless I go measure at the barn tomorrow and find out that it'll work in full....

REI is having a sale where the smartwool socks (http://www.rei.com/category/1/q/Socks+Sale+and+Clearance) are 25% off! I stocked up on those for me and gifts for family. Love them in the winter, I can still feel my toes when I'm riding!

I should note that all my holiday shopping has been done online, no crazy crowds. Much easier that way :cool:

quietann
Nov. 26, 2011, 09:27 AM
Sheesh, what grumps...

I'm not a huge spender on anything, but like the best quality I can afford for horse stuff. So, if the winter schooling breeches I've been thinking about replacing since last year (Equissentials Winter, which are made-to-measure -- nice for those of us who don't have a teenage girl's figure) are 25% off through Sunday, is this not a good time to buy?

No, I don't go to the malls, or line up at midnight for the tiny chance of receiving a "great deal" as well as a tiny chance of getting pushed, shoved, or even pepper-sprayed. But when both shoppers and shops are economically desperate, stuff like this is bound to happen.

Disclaimer: I'm not Christian, so Christmas, and to some degree Thanksgiving, are not "my" holidays anyway.

Hannahxoxo
Nov. 26, 2011, 05:52 PM
VTO's sale goes on untill Monday. I got a Charles Owen JR8 helmet for only $110!! :)

Trixie
Nov. 26, 2011, 06:55 PM
Black Friday makes me crazy... People think since they are buying things that are on sale, they are saving money.... If you don't NEED it, but you buy it because it is on sale (the entire mentality of BF) you are not saving money, you are throwing it away........ Sheesh!!!! Sorry, but I had to say it!

Shhhh. We're shopping! Do not be a dissenter. :lol:

I wouldn't go NEAR a Walmart or a Target for quite a while but when it comes to on sale horse things that I can't really pay full price for - I'm all about it! I too have been putting off buying new winter breeches and a few other things I've quite wanted in hope of a good sale.

ballisticgirl
Nov. 26, 2011, 07:27 PM
Has anyone snagged a better deal than the 10% offer at SmartPak to grab some Tailored Sportsman breeches at a lowest possible price?

Limerick
Nov. 26, 2011, 07:54 PM
No, but I'd love to know if there are great deals on Ariats or TS breeches out there. :)

Libby416
Nov. 26, 2011, 08:10 PM
No, but I'd love to know if there are great deals on Ariats or TS breeches out there. :)

This is seriously what I was hoping for when I posted this... That and maybe some sweet horse boot/wrap deals :winkgrin:

shoponee70
Nov. 28, 2011, 01:18 PM
farm house is offering 20% off all orders over 250 back in store credit..
heck.. one pair of trophy hunters is about 150.. so thats like getting 30 bucks back to spend on something else :)

Halfhalting
Nov. 28, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hannah - how did you get it for $110? I only see the VTO CO JR8 for $140...

Dewey
Nov. 28, 2011, 02:16 PM

You can still get 20% off through today. I got the same deal. Type "SALE" into the discount/coupon box.

Dewey
Nov. 28, 2011, 02:18 PM
What I really wanted to buy on sale was a protective vest, but I was too afraid to do it. I read though about 10 threads on vests and couldn't decide what would be best for me. I concluded that I really need to try on various vests before buying one.

Dewey
Nov. 28, 2011, 03:20 PM

Never mind. I just got an email from VTO saying that I can't have the 20% off discount after all. The helmet is one of the excluded items. However, they are going to give me a coupon for the 20% good on a future purchase. That is good customer service.

dalpal
Nov. 28, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hope this helps for those looking for TS on sale

http://www.theequestriancorner.com/the_tailored_sportsman

Hannahxoxo
Nov. 28, 2011, 09:37 PM
Never mind. I just got an email from VTO saying that I can't have the 20% off discount after all. The helmet is one of the excluded items. However, they are going to give me a coupon for the 20% good on a future purchase. That is good customer service.

Sorry, I got mine at the store. :sigh:

DisputeOver
Nov. 28, 2011, 10:19 PM
Bought my second pair of Custom Riding Apparel Breeches off of Smartpak and decided it was a good time to throw in the Smartslims (that are only like 25 bucks) and got 10% of the purchase. So basically only paid 7 dollars for the smartslims. Not an amazing sale but I’m happy nonetheless.