PDA

View Full Version : hunter pedigree??

mroades
Nov. 23, 2011, 10:54 PM
what do you think about this guys lineage for jumping?

Major Dee Horse Pedigree (http://www.pedigreequery.com/major+dee)

alliekat
Nov. 24, 2011, 09:43 AM
Post over on the bredding forum. There are several posters well versed in TB pedigrees. Do you have a pic too?

EAY
Nov. 24, 2011, 11:20 AM
I've heard good things about Cox's Ridge for hunters and Herbager and Hoist the Flag for jumping. And wasn't Paloma Blanca a successful broodmare who produced some jumpers?

Lord Helpus
Nov. 24, 2011, 01:29 PM
Well, Mongoose (who???:lol:) is inbred to Turn-To 3x. I have never seen that before. And he is also got Tom Rolfe on there 2x, once through Hoist The Flag~~! He also has Battle Joined way back. He is an oldie but goodie for producing jumping horses.

He would interest me A LOT as a hunter sire, but I see that he was quickly banished to South America because he was not commercial enough for the US breeders.

His dam has many of the usual suspects seen in the racing world, but none that are particularily known int he sport horse world.

So, your horse has a better than average chance at being a good sport horse via his genes -- depending on which side of the family he favors the most.

:):)

Of course, when it comes to a gelding, the horse himself will tell you how good a sport horse he is. He hasn't read his pedigree. :yes:

mroades
Nov. 24, 2011, 07:12 PM
I was interested because we have this horse, and he looks like he might make up into quite a fancy small junior. Pretty, well put together, built uphill, good feet, etc. Reminds me a lot of Whadyasay from back in the day

wanderlust
Nov. 24, 2011, 10:20 PM
There's some really nice names in there known to product good jumpers. As LHU noted, I've never seen Turn-To that many times in a pedigree, but he's a good one, as is Hoist the Flag. On the dam side, Blushing Groom is another one who has some very nice sporthorse descendants. Not surprised he's fancy and a good jumper with that pedigree!