PDA

View Full Version : Treadstone Field Boots

Rather.Be.Riding
Nov. 23, 2011, 04:27 PM
A friend of mine just got a pair of Treadstone Tuscany field boots. I tried them on and they fit me perfectly. They are fairly cheap, and I was hoping to get a pair soon, but I was wondering what experiences everyone has had with Treadstone boots (good or bad)
Thanks!

GingerJumper
Nov. 23, 2011, 04:42 PM
My first pair of tall boots were Treadstones. Can't say I was (or am) hugely impressed with the leather quality, but they looked good enough and worked well for almost 2yrs of daily use before I purchased new ones. I don't think I'd buy another pair, totally in love with my Ariats, but at the time they were the only thing that fit my legs and my budget.

I will say that they were a pain to break in, and even after trying just about every break in suggestion in the book, I still ended up with scars on my ankles.

mostlynothing
Nov. 23, 2011, 06:03 PM
Mine broke in immediately and have stood up well to my use and abuse. I showed in them for two seasons and now they are my day boot at home. They are not custom quality but I think they are a decent looking boot that can go to the show ring. I could use them at least another season but finally my customs got sorted out and finally have a pair that fit. Otherwise they would be back in the ring for a second season. I bought them just to see me through until the other boots were right and ended up being pretty impressed with them. My only complaint is cleaning the dust off the elastic in the back since it runs full lenght.

reefy!
Nov. 23, 2011, 06:29 PM
Mine will be 2 years old in December. I ride maybe 2-3 times a week.

They broke in almost immediately, their sizing fit me like a custom so I was very happy! Now, I don't take the best care of them (they are not for showing) so take it with a grain of salt when I say they aren't that durable. The toe cap on the left boot started separating from the foot part about 2 months into using them. The right toe cap started separating from the foot part this summer. They also aggravate my plantar fasciitis, so I wouldn't say the foot bed is terribly comfortable. They are fading to a weird yellowy gray color in some spots (I live in the SW - lots of sun!).

I loved them when I first got them, now I'm looking to replace them with something that won't fall apart and make my feet feel so crippled.

They certainly beat a lot of low end field boots in the leather department if that's what you are looking for!

TheJenners
Nov. 23, 2011, 07:02 PM
I have the Gran Torinos (or Grand Torinos, depending on the Web site). LOVE THEM. Beautiful boot, come in a variety of sizes which was excellent for me since I have a tiny foot and a large calf. I went with the 6.5 XW, in hindsight I should have gotten the 6, so order your normal size.

I did have to have the tops taken in about....oh I'd say a bit over an inch?? Because to most boot manufacturers, XW calves mean XW people, and I'm NOT fat. The cobbler just did the altering at the pre-existing elastic panel on the inside, you can barely tell by looking and of course can't tell in the saddle. The zipper rubs my heel when I slide my foot in, so I am careful with that, but otherwise they are awesome!

The boots (http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197836_1945212111586_1281017695_2342565_7742804_n. jpg) prior to altering the tops, first 10 rides or so??
This is them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFwDeI2RyWc) after altering. Sorry it's a video, no great pictures up close. And yes, it's a "sale" video, but the pony is no longer available so I don't think I'll get in trouble with the mods! ;)

CR Gorge Girl
Nov. 23, 2011, 10:05 PM
I have them and love them!!! They fit my legs really well, nice and slim fitting through the ankles. Other than my elastic lace breaking, no problems in the sturdyness department.
http://www.equusnow.com/prodview.asp?idProduct=2777 These are the ones I have.
They broke in super quick. Rubbed my heel at first, but now they're perfect.

Prime Time Rider
Nov. 23, 2011, 10:15 PM
How about the Treadstep paddock boots? Has anyone had a positive or negative experince with them? I'm on my third or fourth pair of Ariat paddock boots, and they don't seem to last me more than a year or two max. Granted, I ride probably an average of 5 days a week plus they take a lot abuse around my barn and wash stall. The Treadstep paddocks boots retail for about $100 and look like decent quality leather. Any recommendations out there?

Rio's Diamond
Nov. 25, 2011, 01:29 PM
Treadstone all the way. On my 3rd pair (grew through from pony to horses). I have a super skinny and short calf :P

sschuessler
Nov. 25, 2011, 02:05 PM
Funny you mention the paddock boots... I just bought some for $35 from the tack shop today and they seem pretty nice actually. Not sure what model they are, but they run pretty true to size and fit nice

Renn/aissance
Nov. 25, 2011, 02:39 PM
I have the Ladies' Italian field boot. They're a cheap replacement for my semi-customs which blew in myriad ways a few months ago and I've been pretty happy with them. No one will ever mistake them for Vogels and the way their calf is cut isn't the best for me, but they seem durable enough and clean up nicely. If they fit you, they seem like good value for the money.

Tiffani B
Nov. 25, 2011, 03:41 PM
The Donatellos are VERY nice.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/tredstep-donatello-field-boot-9485p.aspx

I bought a pair and absolutely LOVED them, but they didn't fit in the calf. I was so upset LOL!

Fancy That
Nov. 26, 2011, 10:53 AM
Boy, those two brands get mixed up all the time!

I've heard good things about both boots, actually.....I'm shopping for new field boots now and have a pair of Mountain Horse Richmonds coming my way from SmartPak. If they are too clunky, I'm going to get the Supremes (which look a touch tall for me, but seem like they'll fit my skinny ankles and if I get the slim calf)

I digress......back to the TREADSTONE REVIEW discussion :)

The Donatellos are VERY nice.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/tredstep-donatello-field-boot-9485p.aspx

I bought a pair and absolutely LOVED them, but they didn't fit in the calf. I was so upset LOL!

Tiffani B
Nov. 26, 2011, 05:10 PM
My Tredstep half chaps are on the Treadstone website. I thought they were the same mfr, just two different lines.

mepkkg
Nov. 26, 2011, 06:39 PM
I have the Gran Torino's and for the price they are great. They broke in right away and I've gotten a lot of compliments on them. Now they aren't going to mistaken for Mocaco's but for the $300 price tag they're a steal.

JLL90
Nov. 26, 2011, 10:36 PM
I love my treadstones ... I have had them for nearly 2 years and I wear them EVERY SINGLE day, riding between 3 and 4 horses daily and they still clean up nice enough for me to compete in.

mg
Nov. 26, 2011, 10:47 PM
I ordered a pair of Treadstones (the higher priced ones) based on rave reviews from this board and was very excited about them. The first pair I got had a bust zipper, which was a bummer. I returned them and requested another pair, which ALSO ended up having a bust zipper. Even when I got the zipper working properly, it wasn't straight up the back of the boot. I think because of the elastic panel, it caused the zipper to sway towards the outside of the boot, which I found to be really unattractive.

That being said, the boots were very soft and seemed like they would be comfortable. They just didn't work out for me.