View Full Version : Horse Lay-Up Upstate NY/Westchester/NJ

Nov. 23, 2011, 12:56 PM
Hello... I am looking to turn out my horse for about a year. Looking for a top notch facility with tons of turn out. She is a fabulous mare with a great personality. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks so much in advance!

Nov. 24, 2011, 01:14 PM
I saw your add looking for a barn where you can lay your horse up for a year. We are located in the heart of Millbrook hunt country, about an hour and a half north of Manhattan. The farm is situated on 50 acres complete with an indoor ring, 2 jump fields, and various sized paddocks and fields for all stages of lay-up and recovery. We have a NYS licensed Vet Tech on the property 24/7 as well. At Sunset Ridge, the care of your horse comes first and we can supply you with references from many satisfied customers. If you would like, please visit our website at www.sunsetridgefarmny.com. We are still in the process of completing the website so we apologize for the appearance while we continue to edit and update the site.

Please give me a call if you would like to come visit the barn or have any questions. My cell is the best way to reach me.

Samuel Miller
Sunset Ridge Farm

Nov. 24, 2011, 06:34 PM
I would think just about any breeding farm can give you what you are looking for...with a lot of turn out etc...

Nov. 26, 2011, 11:57 AM
denise parambo in califon NJ
she has retirees and boarders. she has about 120 acres and they make their own hay. the horses are fed 2x a day and they look wonderful!!! you can get as much care as you want or you can turn your horse out to pasture and she watches over them when she feeds 2x a day. she has big grassy fields!!!!! i highly recommed her and she is very very affordable!!!
908 246 8280