PDA

View Full Version : Children's Boots, Recommendations?

FocusCalmPatience
Nov. 23, 2011, 10:35 AM
I currently give lessons to an 11 year old and her mother has asked me for recommendations for boots for her. Something durable and reasonably priced. I think because of her large, growing feet, and skinny little calves that paddock boots and half chaps are probably the best idea, but I am open to any suggestions!

BAC
Nov. 23, 2011, 10:46 AM
Equistar makes inexpensive paddock boots in the $29-$39 price range, they make both a synthetic and a leather one. We used to sell lots of these for kids, as they outgrow everything so quickly. Durable is not really a priority, they generally outgrow them before they wear out.

If your local tack shop doesn't have them I'm sure Dover or Smartpak does.

Renn/aissance
Nov. 23, 2011, 11:00 AM
Equistar makes inexpensive paddock boots in the $29-$39 price range, they make both a synthetic and a leather one. We used to sell lots of these for kids, as they outgrow everything so quickly. Durable is not really a priority, they generally outgrow them before they wear out.

If your local tack shop doesn't have them I'm sure Dover or Smartpak does.

Ditto these.

twhs
Nov. 23, 2011, 11:09 AM
Ariats on ebay. Been doing this for years and always buy ahead.

Mayaty02
Nov. 23, 2011, 11:45 AM
totally agree ^^ Ariat Devon Pros, that's all my daughter has ever worn and all she will wear. We always have a few pairs on hand (one for schooling and one for show). They last forever, my daughter rides 2 ponies at least 5-6 times per week and they wear like iron. She's also still wearing a size 2 that she got a whole year ago, just take out the insole and you can get more wear out of them. I have never paid full price, and have an ebay search alert set up in her size, so yes, I am always on the lookout!

Limerick
Nov. 23, 2011, 02:47 PM
I third the Ariats. I have two daughters and the younger one gets the hand me downs which are always in great shape. When she is done, I polish them up and pass them on to another child. They are great boots! Definitely check ebay.

pm59
Nov. 23, 2011, 06:28 PM
WE love the Dublin paddock boots, they have a GREAT sole and they are much warmer than the Ariats plus in our house they wear longer ( I get two kids out of each pair and they are still show quality!)
here is a link
http://www.justforponies.com/dublinrcsadvancekidszipup.aspx

these are the only ones I buy anymore, I get one black pair and one brown pair a year ( to go with her black half chaps for schooling and brown to show in) then we get another whole season out of them for her little sister and I usually get $40 - $45 at the consignment store for them when she outgrows them! Can't beat that return on the investment