PDA

View Full Version : Ovation Evolution saddle question

mbhorse
Nov. 22, 2011, 09:43 PM
Anyone have any thoughts/experience/reviews of this saddle? How does it compare to the Ovation Show Jump saddle? Looking for a decent, not too expensive, saddle for an adult re-rider.

mojo7777
Nov. 22, 2011, 11:32 PM
I had one on trial, but sent it back. The one I tried had cheap feeling, light weight, plasticy leather and made me feel a little hemmed in by the too straight flap. The Collegiate Alumni I ended up buying was similar in style but with much nicer leather and a better fit for my leg. My horse goes better than ever in it.

Hunter Mom
Nov. 22, 2011, 11:58 PM
We looked at the Ovation for DD. They seem like a nice saddle for the money and put her into a decent seat. One of the tack stores in the area sells a lot of them for an intro level saddle.

jay0087
Nov. 23, 2011, 04:25 PM
I got mine in march and like it so far. My leg feels alot closer to the horse than it did the dover circuit. It is comfortable to me and is holding up so far.

When I was looking at saddles at Dover, most of their saddles did not fit my leg (in the price range I was looking at) so I had a limited choice. When I was choosing between the two ovations I thought I had picked the jumping one but when I came back, paid and realized i paid for the cheaper one. Was a little confussed so I asked and they said thats the one I picked and had me sit in them again. Who knows which one I orginally picked!