PDA

View Full Version : New info re: USPC Devon-Aire Field Boots

overthemoon
Nov. 21, 2011, 10:09 AM
I emailed Devon-Aire yesterday asking about the USPC field boot and if there were any plans of it returning to shelves. I got a very prompt and friendly reply, and since it was through searching COTH that I first learned of these field boots, I thought I would share the results of my inquiry.

Thank you for your inquiry,

Devon-Aire suffered a huge blow to our boot line when in 2009 both of our leather suppliers and then our factory closed their doors with no advanced notice due to the economy. Since that time we have been frantically searching for new sources. At the end of 2010 we were able to find a few possible sources that were willing to produce the product we wanted at a price that was reasonable for the market. The first of the new leather boots arrived in 2011 (style 657). We also found a second factory that is producing a very nice paddock in the synthetic materials for us. The paddocks have been received and the sales are very encouraging. Since we have had such luck with the paddocks we have ordered the field boots to be cut at the same factory. We should be receiving those in late December or early January.

The style number will be 779, North Park leather like zip back field boot. There have been a few tweaks to the product along the way but I think you will find them a very nice upgrade from the older 775 or 778 Freedom boot.

Since these are all untested sources we have been dipping our toes in first so to speak. We want to be sure that the product we sell lives up to Devon-Aire

expectations.

Have a wonderful day and thank you again for your inquiry,

Pamela

Customer Service

Devon-Aire Inc

jen-s
Nov. 21, 2011, 12:41 PM
Now that's good customer service!