PDA

View Full Version : Bit Advice for a Project

Rel6
Nov. 21, 2011, 12:27 AM
A literal school project that is, not a project horse :D

I'm a junior and on my school's IHSA, and as an upperclassman we have to do a horse related project. I chose bits (I love bits) and am doing a "25 Days of Bits" for my project. I'm going to be emailing my teammates a picture and brief (about one paragraph) description of a different bit each day for the first 25 days of December.

I am going to write it all in advance, of course, and starting tonight probably. But since I will be home from school and not with my trainer, I was wondering if COTHers would be willing to chime in with some advice. I was thinking I'll post what I've written ahead of time on here and you guys can weigh in and let me know how it is. I'd just feel better having some knowledgable people looking over what I'm writing before I send it out. And I figure, maybe it will be a good resource to have on a thread anyway? I see so many posts about what certain bits do, that it might be nice to have it all in one thread.

Anyway, before I started posting and asking for advice I wanted to see if people thought that was reasonable. I don't want to clog up COTH with a huge thread on bits if I'm the only one getting anything out of it! :lol: Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

alto
Nov. 21, 2011, 10:43 AM
Why not blog it so you can do photos & short article + open for comments & commentator photos.
Then you can still post here everyday about tomorrow's release :)

I like the 25 Days idea alot :yes:

GingerJumper
Nov. 21, 2011, 07:43 PM
Why not blog it so you can do photos & short article + open for comments & commentator photos.
Then you can still post here everyday about tomorrow's release :)

I like the 25 Days idea alot :yes:

YES! :yes: I love bits. They're really quite an obsession of mine. Happy to suggest some obscure bits if you need any ideas!

harkington
Nov. 21, 2011, 08:13 PM
Great idea! I am familiar with most 'standard' bits but would love to know more about their specific uses. I'm sure there are a few bits I don't encounter on a regular basis that may come in handy someday as well.

I think either a blog or a thread would be fine for the purpose of COTH updates. However, as a student, I would be more inclined to read your selected entry each day if it was coming directly into my mail box rather than following a link or going to a secondary site.