PDA

View Full Version : Lauren Hough Fell At Stuttgart German Masters

Secret Dove
Nov. 20, 2011, 09:39 AM
I heard that Lauren Hough took a serious fall at the Stuttgart German Masters on Thursday. According to reports she had emergency surgery due to a collasped lung caused by three broken ribs. Does anyone know how she's doing?

I hope that she has a quick recovery and is back in the show ring soon! :)

supershorty628
Nov. 20, 2011, 10:45 AM
Hope she has a speedy recovery! Ribs are the worst - hope she has some good painkillers.

CHF
Nov. 20, 2011, 01:30 PM
Speedy recovery Lauren!

GingerJumper
Nov. 20, 2011, 02:00 PM
Ouch! Jingles for a speedy recovery Lauren!

Void
Nov. 20, 2011, 02:25 PM
Last I heard she was awake and grateful for all the well wishes. Linda was on her way to Germany and probably is there by now.

jump4me
Nov. 20, 2011, 10:57 PM
Ouch! Jingles for a quick recovery

wesierobb
Nov. 20, 2011, 11:32 PM
Heal quickly, Lauren. Glad your Mom is there.

chillydc
Nov. 21, 2011, 01:05 AM
Jingles!

andy.smaga
Nov. 21, 2011, 07:56 AM
I heard she fell from Blue Angel and was kicked... not a true angel...

Jingles

BuenaVistFarmsRider
Nov. 21, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hello,
I ride for the same Sponsor as Lauren and just wanted to make a statement to clear things up regarding the accident. First of all, these things happen and are common at the level of competition that Lauren rides at. The class at Stuttgart was a speed class and required a very tight roll back to a HUGE solid wall, which our mare bravely attempted to jump from an extremely tricky distance. It was a miscommunication between Lauren and her NEW 9 year old mount that ended in a compromising scenario for poor Lauren. Lauren felt it was the pommel that hit her chest when the mare fell on her. Lauren seems optimistic and grateful to have suffered such minor injuries. She did not have to have emergency surgery, and is already out of the hospital. Beezie rode the mare shortly after the incident and was able to determine that she felt fine and was no worse for wear. Blue Angel will be thoroughly looked over again by our vet in the states when she arrives at the end of the month for quarantine. This has been a sad situation for everyone involved, especially Lauren who had come off of 3 HUGE wins on the mare. We see plenty more success with the two and hope for a speedy recovery for Lauren and Blue Angels sake.

leilatigress
Nov. 21, 2011, 03:18 PM
Kudos to the mare for trying the jump. From all reports it was a helluva effort. Jingles for Lauren's quick recovery and well wishes for Blue Angel.

Rockfish
Nov. 21, 2011, 04:17 PM
Hopes for a speedy recovery.

Secret Dove
Nov. 22, 2011, 09:43 AM
Hello,
I ride for the same Sponsor as Lauren and just wanted to make a statement to clear things up regarding the accident. First of all, these things happen and are common at the level of competition that Lauren rides at. The class at Stuttgart was a speed class and required a very tight roll back to a HUGE solid wall, which our mare bravely attempted to jump from an extremely tricky distance. It was a miscommunication between Lauren and her NEW 9 year old mount that ended in a compromising scenario for poor Lauren. Lauren felt it was the pommel that hit her chest when the mare fell on her. Lauren seems optimistic and grateful to have suffered such minor injuries. She did not have to have emergency surgery, and is already out of the hospital. Beezie rode the mare shortly after the incident and was able to determine that she felt fine and was no worse for wear. Blue Angel will be thoroughly looked over again by our vet in the states when she arrives at the end of the month for quarantine. This has been a sad situation for everyone involved, especially Lauren who had come off of 3 HUGE wins on the mare. We see plenty more success with the two and hope for a speedy recovery for Lauren and Blue Angels sake.

Glad to hear that the reports were wrong and that it wasn't as bad as they first stated (having to have surgery,etc) it was. I didn't see the fall on the live feed, I read about the accident on another website. My apology's for the misinformation. I hope that Lauren and Blue Angel are feeling better and that they have a quick recovery! :)

Molly Sorge
Nov. 22, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hello all,

We've spoken with Lauren, who is recovering from the fall, and gotten more information.

Check out http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/lauren-hough-undergoes-surgery-collapsed-lung-after-fall-stuttgart-german-masters

And remember the Chronicle is your best source for comprehensive news!

Molly Sorge

MHM
Nov. 22, 2011, 12:25 PM
^ Thanks, Molly!

Wow, that sounds crazy/scary if the horse was stuck on top of the wall! Does anyone know if there is a video of it posted anywhere online?

Hope Lauren has a speedy recovery! :yes:

Tha Ridge
Nov. 22, 2011, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a very scary fall. Ouch! Glad to hear Lauren's recovering well.