PDA

View Full Version : Stain on breeches (FITS)--what will remove??

Calvincrowe
Nov. 19, 2011, 07:13 PM
First off: note to self, do not eat Chinese while wearing $140 pants:no:.

I spilled some delicious Kung Pao Chicken on my new FITS Beka breeches a few days ago. I "washed" it with water and napkin, but clearly that did nothing. What can I safely put on them to de-stain them? I am so pissed! I wore them maybe 5 times (and I love them) but now I've got a nickel sized reminder of my sloppy eating habits.

Please--ideas or solutions (ha, good pun) needed!

fourmares
Nov. 19, 2011, 07:15 PM
Take them to a dry cleaners. They will know exactly what to use.

DressageOverFences
Nov. 19, 2011, 07:16 PM
Oooh, no good.
Besides my trusty oxiclean, I dont know what you should use. but I would call FITS, they have great customer service and will be best at answering your question.

Peril
Nov. 19, 2011, 07:21 PM
If other excellent suggestions come to naught, try a white vinegar- baking soda poultice. My new go-to solution for everything. You might try it on the spot, then wash with more white vinegar (same amount as you might add bleach).

rivenoak
Nov. 19, 2011, 08:19 PM
I use some stuff called Soilove. I've seen it at the 99 cent store but I can get it at some grocery stores.

It's in a green bottle, about the same shape and size as the bluing.

http://www.amazon.com/Soilove-Laundry-Soil-stain-Remover-Pack/dp/B0050O6WA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321752056&sr=8-1

spurgirl
Nov. 20, 2011, 09:16 AM
My old standby for any stains for years has been the Spray n' Wash stain stick-now the Resolve stain stick....Apply to the stain, rub it in really good, let it soak in for a few hours. Wash the item in COLD water, which most wash their breeches in anyways. Check and see if the stain has come out, before drying. If you dry with heat, any stain left in will set, so I'd air dry-again, I've always air dried my breeches, to save the elastic in them.

The stain stick has removed many food/oil stains for me. good luck!!

llsc
Nov. 20, 2011, 04:46 PM
409 will take out any greasy stain without bleaching the fabric.

Peggy
Nov. 20, 2011, 04:49 PM
For greasy spots I've had good luck with Dawn dish detergent on the area before washing.