PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who remember my special boy with the impar injury...

Punkie
Nov. 17, 2011, 05:59 PM
I have some wonderful news :)

Dr. Craig Roberts took over his treatment after I moved to Ocala (for those of you in the area that haven't used him...he's unbelievable!!) and we finished his last round of shockwave about a month ago. He came yesterday to do my jumper's hocks and while he was there we decided to flex Carson.

He. Flexed. Sound. As in 0/5 sound. As in SOUND.

I almost started crying!

We had started him back to some light work over the summer but stopped when he was just the tiniest bit NQR so we backed off and started shockwave (we had also flexed him at that time and he came up pretty darn lame). So now we're going to bring him back very, very carefully. He's walking around our riding field for a week (it's a 30 acre field with some nice inclines in places, so it's a good workout without overdoing it) and then it's 5 minutes of trotting and 15 minutes of walking 4-6 days a week for two weeks. After that we'll redo the flexions and if he's still sound he'll head over to The Sanctuary or Kesmarc to swim a few days a week. Our goal is to be ready to horse show at 3' for the beginning of HITS (maybe a tad ambitious, but I'll take anything at this point).

So for all of you who sent thoughts and jingles our way back in March, thank you. My boy was one of the very lucky ones to get through this injury and I truly believe it was in great part because of all of the positive COTH vibes that were sent our way.

alto
Nov. 17, 2011, 06:17 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :)

mroades
Nov. 17, 2011, 06:25 PM
I LOVE Dr Roberts!!

Justice
Nov. 17, 2011, 07:29 PM
Hooray!!!

Polydor
Nov. 17, 2011, 08:26 PM
WOOT!!! Awesome news!

P.

stolen virtue
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:11 PM
I remember this story ! Yah for postive outcomes. I am so happy for both of you. Enjoy your wonderful boy !!

Peggy
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:42 PM
Great news!

Amage
Nov. 18, 2011, 03:55 AM
Fabolous news. Would Vet not like him a bit fitter before commencing swim work? Anytime we have swam horses whether they are post injury or not we would always have them fairly fit so they can cope with it easier as it's a fair workout!