PDA

View Full Version : Contact info for Jay Shuttleworth?

STA
Nov. 17, 2011, 06:34 PM
A friend needs a bit for a STRONG pony. She thinks she needs a bit made and asked if I knew of a source. Does anyone know how to contact Jay Shuttleworth?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Elouise
Nov. 17, 2011, 07:10 PM
sending you a PM with info.

CGolden
Nov. 17, 2011, 09:32 PM
Let me know if you still need it. I have his cell phone.

JazCreekInc.
Dec. 11, 2011, 03:53 PM
Hi Elouise- can you send me his contact info as well... I did not know if he was still working and need a few bits.
TIA!

Elouise
Dec. 11, 2011, 05:38 PM
JazCreekInc.

Sent you a PM with the info.

Happy Bit Shopping.

naters
Dec. 11, 2011, 06:04 PM
Yep, Can you PM me also? I need to replace a bit that he made that I found on ebay.

Thanks!

Rhody Ram
Dec. 12, 2011, 09:18 AM
He was at the Pines all weekend. He mentioned he is not going to FL this year so he will likely be back.

Justice
Dec. 12, 2011, 10:21 AM
Can you please pm me his cell as well?

cidbad
Dec. 12, 2011, 04:27 PM
I saw him this weekend at The Pines as well. He gave me a business card and I lost it. Does anyone have a mailing address for him? I need to send a bit back. Thanks

Elouise
Dec. 12, 2011, 04:34 PM
Sending PMs to Naters, Justice and Cidbad!

Good luck you guys!

Iride
Mar. 7, 2012, 06:49 PM
Wow, he didn't go to Florida this year? He always goes... last time I saw him he was moving around pretty slowly... so, I hope he's ok. :)

Rel6
Mar. 7, 2012, 09:50 PM
Can anyone point me towards some images of custom bits he's made? I love bits, the weirder to better, and would be interested to see some types he's done.

Pally
Mar. 8, 2012, 01:00 AM
Can anyone point me towards some images of custom bits he's made? I love bits, the weirder to better, and would be interested to see some types he's done.

If you are at WEF, you could come over for a bit box viewing.:winkgrin: The collection (of Jays and others) we have is rather mind boggling.

Rhody Ram
Mar. 8, 2012, 09:38 AM
Wow, he didn't go to Florida this year? He always goes... last time I saw him he was moving around pretty slowly... so, I hope he's ok. :)

He said he couldn't go this year due to his eyesight and that he had to take care of his health first.

supershorty628
Mar. 8, 2012, 09:56 AM

Next time you're home, come with me to the barn... I have a veritable bit store in my trunk with several Jay bits.

Rel6
Mar. 8, 2012, 01:03 PM
If you are at WEF, you could come over for a bit box viewing.:winkgrin: The collection (of Jays and others) we have is rather mind boggling.

I wish! Its rainy and slushy in upstate NY right now...

Next time you're home, come with me to the barn... I have a veritable bit store in my trunk with several Jay bits.

Sounds good! Between playing with bits and meeting Wondermare you won't have to ask me twice :lol:

Elouise
Mar. 8, 2012, 05:02 PM
Just saw him in Ocala yesterday (and bought a bit from him last week). He's there with his bike and bits!

Iride
Mar. 8, 2012, 10:40 PM
Just saw him in Ocala yesterday (and bought a bit from him last week). He's there with his bike and bits!

Oh, good! This makes me happy :) Thanks for the update.

bjd2013
Apr. 27, 2013, 09:08 AM
Bumping this, since I need his contact info too! Thanks!

Elouise
Apr. 27, 2013, 10:06 AM
Sent PM to bjd2013

Claudius
May. 4, 2013, 02:51 PM
If not can you PM me his number? thanks.

Elouise
May. 5, 2013, 09:18 PM
Claudius...sent you a PM with the info.

Libby416
Nov. 30, 2014, 11:09 PM
Does anyone know if Jay still does bits?? I know he was skipping out on FL trips for his health way back when, but was curious. Have a mare that goes great in a friends jks bit, so want my own with different cheek pieces. Contact info please if anyone has it :-)

Lori
Nov. 30, 2014, 11:30 PM
Has anyone tried these? Maheu http://www.equusport.com/category.php?category_id=116

boosma47
Dec. 1, 2014, 01:03 PM
Didn't he pass away not too long ago?

horsepoor
Dec. 1, 2014, 01:29 PM
Didn't he pass away not too long ago?

If true, I'm very sorry to hear this. I never met him, being from the west coast, but spoke to him several times on the phone (about bits, of course!) and enjoyed those conversations. If he is gone, I don't know who will carry on in his place as far as the bit-business goes.:(

REH
Dec. 1, 2014, 01:47 PM
Whomever makes the bits for Kocher. They have a ton of custom bits that all look like Jay's, but are custom made by someone else.

This place also carries custom bits: http://www.equusport.com/category.php?category_id=116

Iride
Dec. 1, 2014, 05:23 PM
Jay is alive, older and less able to get around of course....he still makes bits with the help of an assistant. He won't be in Florida this winter season. If anyone needs to reach him please PM me.

horsepoor
Dec. 1, 2014, 05:39 PM
Jay is alive, older and less able to get around of course....he still makes bits with the help of an assistant. He won't be in Florida this winter season. If anyone needs to reach him please PM me.

Thank you for the correction! Good news. :yes:

LetItBe
Dec. 1, 2014, 05:43 PM

This is great news, I have 2 of Jay's bits for my older horse and while my younger horse goes in a rubber loose ring I wouldn't sell those bits for anything.:)

LetItBe

MHM
Dec. 1, 2014, 07:18 PM
^ Phew! Glad to hear he's ok. :)

Pancakes
Dec. 1, 2014, 10:08 PM
So sad to hear that he won't be down here this winter.

Does anyone know who is the next best recommendation for custom bitting that might be down here?

I have a horse with an unusual mouth I'd like some input on. Thanks :)

Libby416
Dec. 1, 2014, 10:32 PM
So sad to hear that he won't be down here this winter.

Does anyone know who is the next best recommendation for custom bitting that might be down here?

I have a horse with an unusual mouth I'd like some input on. Thanks :)

Yes if anyone knows of someone who'll be here, I'd appreciate the contact info as well. JKS was just such a big name, I haven't heard of anyone else.

Iride
Dec. 2, 2014, 09:12 AM
Jay did say he may go down to Florida for a brief period, but I have no idea exactly when that would be, or for how long. He's not driving much anymore so hopefully his assistant will make it happen for/with him.

GaMare
Dec. 2, 2014, 01:08 PM
When you hear what his Florida schedule is can you post it? I'd love to catch up with him.