PDA

View Full Version : Fun naming thread.. liberal use of the word Puck

horse-loverz
Nov. 17, 2011, 01:25 AM
or Phuck.. haven't decided yet.. :wink grin:

Seriously I am now the proud owner of a 3 year old OTTB..that I got from our own moonriver farm here on COTH.. Who, in case you wanted to know, is a wonderful lady who has great taste in OTTB and has several lovelies that need homes;) His barn name was Gaston. ( pronounced like the Beauty and the Beast character).. but his race name was " a Puck to remember" which I LOVE... and I plan on calling him Puck..

Anyhoo.. just thought since he had such a fun name ya'll would want to have some fun with me in thinking of " show names " for him.. appropriate or inappropriate I don't care.. it's just in fun..

I liked
Puck you
So Pucking Cute
Puck off

etc etc..

Oh and if you want to see his utter cuteness here (http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/horse-loverz/?action=view&current=310437_161582550605149_131406396956098_272 170_243534327_n.jpg) he is..
so now.. have fun!! :winkgrin::winkgrin:

fourmares
Nov. 17, 2011, 01:58 AM
I'd use his race name. It's cute and suggestive without being completely rude.

Equilibrium
Nov. 17, 2011, 05:54 AM
Your guy is gorgeous and such a trier and in time is going to make you very happy. Well he already does that. So either keep the original which is suggestive or give him a real good one. ;)

He so deserves it! But you could try Pucking Uggs! LOL!

Terri

horse-loverz
Nov. 17, 2011, 06:34 AM
LOL.. Yeah that one would be good.. stupid uggs.. :wink grin: I like the race name I just thought it would be fun to play.. He'll be a good boy when he grows up.. but but riding with closed gates will be a stellar idea now :D

alterhorse
Nov. 17, 2011, 08:26 AM
Kentucky Puck

TrakeGirl
Nov. 17, 2011, 09:54 AM
I suppose "The Puck Stops Here" would not be a good name for a hunter/jumper.

I like What The Puck.

Rebels_Princess
Nov. 17, 2011, 09:57 AM
Puck Luck

BestHorses
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:01 AM
Mother Pucker
Go Puck Yourself
Little Pucker

;)

Donkerbruin
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:07 AM
Always Pucking Up
Puck Yeah
Pucking Right

moonriverfarm
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:12 AM
I cannot contribute because I am biased but I love all these suggestions....his breeder can probably add to the list as Puck is her stallion and she has submitted many a name that the JC rejected....:winkgrin:
horse-loverz is just a total and complete joy to be around and I wish I could move her closer! Oh and she is a damn good rider too!!!!

Behind the 8 Ball
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:16 AM
Pucker Up

moonriverfarm
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:17 AM
LOVE Pucker Up!!!!!

Vesper Sparrow
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:22 AM
If you want to go with another association--Puck, the character in A Midsummer Night's Dream--you could go by his other name, Robin Goodfellow or, as how he describes himself in the play, Merry Wanderer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puck_(Shakespeare)

waremares
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:48 AM
I do like the registered name. But how about
Friar Puck

naters
Nov. 17, 2011, 11:03 AM
LOVE Pucker Up!!!!!

Ditto!

bits619
Nov. 17, 2011, 11:29 AM
I was thinking of the Midsummer reference, too :-)

For puck's sake
Pucky Charm
Flying Puck
If he were a girl, Puck Be A Lady

Oh but I genuinely love Pucker Up!

Dune
Nov. 17, 2011, 11:31 AM
I like his registered name and "Pucker Up"...although the latter makes me think of a mare/filly more than a gelding. My own submission: PUCK FINN I don't like the obvious ones, I think they're too rude, but I'm old fashioned, so take that fwiw. :winkgrin:

horse-loverz
Nov. 17, 2011, 11:45 AM
These are all great!!! It's such a fun name to play with i wanted tap the minds of COTH to have fun! I like pucker up and for Puck's sake. Great!!

Come Shine
Nov. 17, 2011, 11:56 AM
Love Pucker Up.
What a cute guy!

Dewey
Nov. 17, 2011, 12:10 PM
If you want to go with another association--Puck, the character in A Midsummer Night's Dream--you could go by his other name, Robin Goodfellow or, as how he describes himself in the play, Merry Wanderer.

I like your suggestions the best. As soon as I saw the name "Puck," I thought of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

moonriverfarm
Nov. 17, 2011, 12:31 PM
And he DOES pucker up - has the little white kiss spot on his bottom lip - and man does he like the side of his mouth scritched!!!!!

Dressagelvr
Nov. 17, 2011, 12:40 PM
Puck It

moonriverfarm
Nov. 17, 2011, 01:24 PM
You know, he is a Cajun by birth, so maybe you should spell it Pucque......

CVPeg
Nov. 17, 2011, 01:44 PM
Puck was my favorite horse from my barn as a kid. Very dependable, push button, and never stopped at a fence. So the name recalls great memories for me.

Like these as well. Or you could use Midsummer, or Night's Dream, or other title combinations.

He sure is handsome!

Hevonen
Nov. 17, 2011, 01:54 PM
FWIW, I really like Robin Goodfellow or Merry Wanderer. Loved Puck in MSND.

Trixie
Nov. 17, 2011, 02:03 PM
You know, he is a Cajun by birth, so maybe you should spell it Pucque......

Can you imagine the horse show announcers? Somehow Pucque would become "Poo cue."

LSM1212
Nov. 17, 2011, 02:30 PM
H-L,

He's adorable. Huge congrats. :)

I like "Pucker Up" the best. :lol:

Trevelyan96
Nov. 17, 2011, 03:06 PM
How about Spin N' Puck (Would appeal to hockey fans too!)

snaffle635
Nov. 17, 2011, 07:42 PM
Are posters serious in suggesting a use of Puck that takes the place of f*ck? Really? You'd really name your horse that?

Pucker Up is great.

JoZ
Nov. 17, 2011, 07:49 PM
Are posters serious in suggesting a use of Puck that takes the place of f*ck? Really? You'd really name your horse that?

Pucker Up is great.

I think it's in jest.

And also in jest: Pucking Fony

Seriously HL he is adorable... so happy for you!

snaffle635
Nov. 17, 2011, 07:53 PM
I think it's in jest.

Phew!

giddybiddy
Nov. 17, 2011, 07:55 PM
Love the MSND references and Pucker Up...super cute guy you've got there!

Bluesy
Nov. 17, 2011, 08:07 PM
He's a gem! (of course he is, since he is related to Bluesy ;) ) I can't help but think of Puck from A Midsummer's Night Dream, as someone else mentioned.

So my name for him would be :

Midsummer's Dream.

What was his race name? I feel like I should know this.

Ps: Boo's race name is Bluesy and his show name is Mood Indigo. I love jazz :D

horse-loverz
Nov. 18, 2011, 09:13 AM
Too much fluffy stuff Bluesy :wink grin: Race name was " A Puck to Remember" LOL..

Thank you all.

eclipse
Nov. 18, 2011, 09:57 AM
He's lovely!

How about: "a puck and a kiss"

LoveJubal
Nov. 18, 2011, 11:33 AM
Ditto!

Me three for Pucker Up :winkgrin:

Opus1
Nov. 18, 2011, 11:50 AM
I like What the Puck best.

And there's always:

• Puck a Duck
• Puck My Life
• Pucktard
• Bumble Puck
• Puck Your Couch
• Harden The Puck Up
• For Puck's Sake
• Go Puck Yourself
• Bum Puck Egypt
• Puck Off

Etc., etc. :D

Renn/aissance
Nov. 18, 2011, 12:32 PM
He is too darn cute!

I do have to say that as an announcer, seeing your name on my sheet, I'd be holding my breath and praying before you entered the ring... "Please don't let me puck this up!" :winkgrin:

baylady7
Nov. 18, 2011, 01:39 PM
Get the puck out of here

Come Shine
Nov. 18, 2011, 01:48 PM
Puck Puck Goose.

Bluesy
Nov. 18, 2011, 01:52 PM
How about Marx Bros.?

Why A Puck? :lol:

horse-loverz
Nov. 18, 2011, 03:01 PM
He is too darn cute!

I do have to say that as an announcer, seeing your name on my sheet, I'd be holding my breath and praying before you entered the ring... "Please don't let me puck this up!" :winkgrin:

Would it help if it was spelled " Phuck?" LOL... just kidding...

Renn/aissance
Nov. 18, 2011, 03:29 PM
Would it help if it was spelled " Phuck?" LOL... just kidding...

"Now entering the ring is #572, the entry of horse-loverz for a first trip." :D Or "Now entering the ring is #572, *turn on walkie talkie to create static,* first trip."

That would be very helpful. ;)

horse-loverz
Nov. 18, 2011, 03:45 PM
"Now entering the ring is #572, the entry of horse-loverz for a first trip." :D Or "Now entering the ring is #572, *turn on walkie talkie to create static,* first trip."

That would be very helpful. ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That much help huh??? :winkgrin:

Renn/aissance
Nov. 18, 2011, 03:55 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That much help huh??? :winkgrin:

It would definitely help me judge you from the in-gate. I don't mean the letter-R-behind-the-name kind of judging. I mean the "catty girl" kind. :yes: The kind where I say "What'd she have to go name that cute horse that, I can't even say it at this hour of the day without getting fired!"

Seriously, he is too darn cute!

ETA: Ooh! Or I could pretend it was some kind of foreign language and pronounce it with a different inflection every time! I think that's definitely the way to go.

Jo
Nov. 18, 2011, 04:21 PM
I am LOL'ing at Puck Puck Goose!

VR00M
Nov. 18, 2011, 09:01 PM
Once in a puck
Who the puck
What the puck

Love pucker up
And for pucks sake especially because it's so close to for Petes sake :))

lovehors86
Nov. 18, 2011, 09:09 PM
Puck Puck Goose.

LOVE this one!

vineyridge
Nov. 18, 2011, 09:14 PM
How about Puckle Up?

don't know anything about Polo, but I'll bet they have some good expressions.

horse-loverz
Nov. 18, 2011, 10:05 PM
It would definitely help me judge you from the in-gate. I don't mean the letter-R-behind-the-name kind of judging. I mean the "catty girl" kind. :yes: The kind where I say "What'd she have to go name that cute horse that, I can't even say it at this hour of the day without getting fired!"

Seriously, he is too darn cute!

ETA: Ooh! Or I could pretend it was some kind of foreign language and pronounce it with a different inflection every time! I think that's definitely the way to go.

LOL.. Thanks. I am really liking Pucker Up for his personality.. and the fact that when you scratch his muzzle he opens his mouth and rolls his tongue around because he enjoys it so much.. and he has a little white kiss on his nose. LOL..

but " for Pucks sake" and " puck puck goose" have me cracking up as well.. :winkgrin::D

mbhorse
Nov. 18, 2011, 10:35 PM
My mom has a saying that I love:

Siss Fhit Puck

Completely inappropriate and said in jest, but this thread made me think of it! Personally, I love the Pucker Up suggestion :)

stolen virtue
Nov. 18, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hockey Puck-sorry my son plays.

FLeckenAwesome
Nov. 18, 2011, 10:43 PM
So... I have Fleck (German for Spot) and his show name was Flecken... but I had to add Awesome.... so he's now Flecken Awesome :) I LOVE it... and don't think it's too rude.

but that being said... i think Pucker up is great!!!!
Also like Puck Puck goose :)

Lord Helpus
Nov. 18, 2011, 11:06 PM
Puck Puck Goose.
:winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin: :winkgrin: