PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this youngster?

shouldersbackheelsdown
Nov. 16, 2011, 10:25 PM
What do you think about this guy as a prospect? He is two and a half, he has papers, and is about to be gelded. He has been pulled from the feedlot, now a bunch of us are trying to find him a good home. What do you think of him?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150247370987706&set=oa.1015039846 0166253&type=1&permPage=1[/url]

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150247370037706&set=oa.1015039846 0166253&type=1&permPage=1[/url]

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150247365842706&set=oa.1015039846 0166253&type=1&permPage=1[/url]

Nov. 16, 2011, 10:49 PM
I'm not an expert with TBs and even though he is only two his body seems very heavy for his legs.

I don't see him jumping sound for very long unless he trims down a lot and his legs develop more substance.

You never know, this could just be his awkward stage

Justice
Nov. 16, 2011, 10:52 PM
He looks really immature for a 2.5 year old tb. He also has the sweetest face in the world, and, what do you know, I just got an email from him. He would like a COTHer to buy him, geld him, put him out to pasture until spring and then start him (okay, I added the gelding part). He promises to excel at something. He is pretty sure he would make a good carrot receptacle.

shouldersbackheelsdown
Nov. 16, 2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks guys- he is in Washington. The woman who pulled him from the feed lot is having him shipped to her place (somewhere in WA) to be gelded properly. She wants to give him to the right home. PM me if you are interested.

Tha Ridge
Nov. 16, 2011, 11:24 PM
Looks like he has a mega-wormy belly. Isn't too bad otherwise though. Sweet face.

saitou_amaya
Nov. 16, 2011, 11:32 PM
I'm not an expert with TBs and even though he is only two his body seems very heavy for his legs.

I don't see him jumping sound for very long unless he trims down a lot and his legs develop more substance.

I don't know if its necessarily that his body is very heavy and he needs to trim down, as much as he just looks really wormy. :( Which makes sense considering where he is coming from.

doublesstable
Nov. 16, 2011, 11:54 PM
Depending on what you are looking to do with him... he's cute and if the investment isn't too steep maybe worth saving him.

He has a big belly probably because of nutritional issues and like the other poster said possible worms. Hinds look to have a bit of swelling... proper nutrition can deal with that.

He's long in the cannon bone and he has a "sassy" look.... which there is nothing wrong with a sassy boy; I have one of those in my barn.

I hope someone does take him.. he deserves a good home!

GOSH - I cannot get that face out of my mind now!!! It makes me just want to cry!!!! Such a beautiful animal - ugggg!!!! why???

jetsmom
Nov. 17, 2011, 12:09 AM
Be careful dealing with ScAM...err Sam. Google her name and CBER.

Horse looks cute.

shouldersbackheelsdown
Nov. 17, 2011, 12:12 AM
Thank you for all the help!! The horse is already off the feedlot (thank god), now we just have to find a place where he can grow up properly. With good food, love and the right training.

Mukluk
Nov. 17, 2011, 01:26 AM
Thanks for saving him. I hope all will turn out well. Would love to see how he turns out with good care and lots of love.

my_doran
Nov. 17, 2011, 01:32 AM

i thought the same thing,but i think besides that he;s quite handsome now,so when he does get some tlc and such,i think he would be a great project.

Kenike
Nov. 17, 2011, 01:48 AM
Despite his "I'm so wormy that I look pregnant" belly, he is cute! Thanks for saving him, and I hope he finds a good home with someone who will love him dearly!

cobained
Nov. 17, 2011, 11:06 AM
Be careful dealing with ScAM...err Sam. Google her name and CBER.

Horse looks cute.

Agree on both counts. I got a horse through CBER several years ago so have first hand knowledge.

findeight
Nov. 17, 2011, 12:43 PM
:rolleyes:
Could we be getting a trainwreck started here with all these brand "new" posters ringing in? Houseguests already?

HenryisBlaisin'
Nov. 17, 2011, 12:44 PM
He is very, very cute. And I suspect that once he is given adequate nutrition and the worms are gone, he will present a nice picture.

I agree, though, that his legs look too delicate for his body. It could be the angle of the photo, but he looks like he toes out quite a but in that on 3/4 front view photo. Also, I don't like the look of the growth rings on his left front hoof. The unevenness of them suggests founder or some other issue.

He's adorable, and it's possible that he could be quite useful, but I don't see a career as a hunter/jumper for him, but as a lesson/pleasure or lower-level dressage horse he could have a nice future. It's good to see he's off the feedlot.

Dewey
Nov. 17, 2011, 12:47 PM
He looks really immature for a 2.5 year old tb. He also has the sweetest face in the world, and, what do you know, I just got an email from him. He would like a COTHer to buy him, geld him, put him out to pasture until spring and then start him (okay, I added the gelding part). He promises to excel at something. He is pretty sure he would make a good carrot receptacle.

:lol::lol: