PDA

View Full Version : Devoucoux rep. Juillienne Guillaume???

Dapple Dawn Farm
Nov. 16, 2011, 09:41 AM
I've read the many posts abut the importance of finding a good rep. for saddle fitting. Has anyone had any experience with Mr. Guillaume, the New England rep for Devoucoux?

Oops, a Marielle called and said she was the new rep. She said she just moved to New York and used to do California....anyone know her???

hollyhorse2000
Nov. 16, 2011, 11:18 AM
Didn't he used to work for Antares? Remember, there is a difference between a saddle SELLER and an unaffiliated saddle fitter.

Renn/aissance
Nov. 16, 2011, 11:33 AM
If this is the same Julian who used to work for Antares I remember him as being very good- he helped me to find a used Antares that worked great for my guy (until he went and changed shape, but that's another story.)

kafesoap
Nov. 16, 2011, 12:39 PM
When I was looking for a saddle for my new horse, JG had just taken over the New England territory for Devoucoux.

He spent hours at my barn and let me try every saddle in his truck.

And at the end of the day....he told me that he'd love to sell me a saddle but my horse didn't like Devoucouxs. He wasn't sure why but it wasn't the right saddle for my horse.

That earned him a lot of respect in my book...:yes:

abv1269
Nov. 16, 2011, 02:03 PM
I'm no expert in saddle fitting, but when he came to look at my mare he spent close to 2 hours with us. watched her go without the saddle, then with, then with me riding her, and then checked the fit of the saddle. He then did a chalk outline of her muscling and took photos for the saddle master (maker? guru?). Was a heck of a lot more thorough about the process than the guy who actually sold me the saddle.

Had been totally prepared for him to try to sell me a new saddle, was surprised when he said no, all she needed was a little adjustment and we'd be set.

headsup
Nov. 16, 2011, 05:07 PM
He does a great job!

HunterJumperLuv
Nov. 16, 2011, 07:43 PM
I worked with him not only for my own saddle, but for many client saddles. I only have praises. :) PM for more info if you'd like :)

Dapple Dawn Farm
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:15 AM
Hmm, maybe he is no longer with Devoucoux...I got a call from a Marielle saying she had just moved here from California and was the New England rep now. Ok, anyone ever work with her???

alto
Nov. 17, 2011, 11:05 AM
Why not just ask her for some references from local clients, so that you can go look at some of the horses/riders she's fitted?

Dapple Dawn Farm
Nov. 17, 2011, 11:52 AM
I don't think she's done anything around my area yet as she said she just moved here. Asking for references is a good idea though.

ktm2007
Nov. 17, 2011, 02:06 PM
Hmm, maybe he is no longer with Devoucoux...I got a call from a Marielle saying she had just moved here from California and was the New England rep now. Ok, anyone ever work with her???

I saw him at Capital Challenge manning a booth for an equestrian line of products (name is escaping me at the moment). I don't believe he is a saddle rep any longer

IntegritySporthorses
Nov. 18, 2011, 07:59 AM
It's Marya and she's been with Devoucoux for many years (9 I think). She is wonderful and has many happy clients back in SoCal.

JA
Nov. 18, 2011, 10:49 AM
He is the NJ/PA/NY rep now. I've gotten 2 saddles from him this year. The last one he came to my barn in NJ to fit. He's great. Spent 2 hours making sure the saddle fit and my difficult to fit horse was comfortable in it. I can't say enough good things about him.

ETA I got that saddle 2 weeks ago from him