PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding tall boots that fit properly

hannahpony9
Nov. 15, 2011, 01:48 PM
I have bought many different pairs of ariat tall boots but none seem to fit. they all dropped and were really big in the ankle. I have a skinny ankle and hall calves. Can someone recommend brands of tall boots that will work and give me links to websites too please.

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 15, 2011, 02:48 PM
What is your budget?

Rel6
Nov. 15, 2011, 02:52 PM
I have bought many different pairs of ariat tall boots but none seem to fit. they all dropped and were really big in the ankle. I have a skinny ankle and hall calves. Can someone recommend brands of tall boots that will work and give me links to websites too please.

Did you mean tall calves? Small calves? Or is hall calves a term that I'm just not recognizing? :confused:

pryme_thyme
Nov. 15, 2011, 03:26 PM
I love my Mountain Horse field boots, I have one calf muscle that is slightly larger than the other and they fit perfectly.
Plus I have skinny ankles and I dont have a problem when I wear normal socks. If I wear stockings then they are a bit wobbly.

hannahpony9
Nov. 15, 2011, 07:02 PM
I meant tall, thin calves. I know there are some customs that might work but before i do that i wanted to know if there are any others under $1000.

searching12321
Nov. 15, 2011, 07:37 PM
Wilson & Davidson have full customs for $900. We had to do that for my daughter who has very tall legs.

We've been really happy with them, they broke in quickly and are wearing well.

Couldn't find anything in a non custom which had a tall enough calf. The Ariat Monacos were the closest but for the same price we went custom.

Canaqua
Nov. 15, 2011, 09:35 PM
I ended up with Beval Puissance boots in the extra slim, extra tall and they fit well, the ankle is fairly slim. I have a size 9 foot, a 13" calf and need 19.5" up the back. The size 9 Bevals came with a 32cm calf width and a 50cm calf height...the only non-customs that came close.

Short of customs, the only other idea I have is to watch Ebay for someone else's customs that come close to your measurements. If they are cheap enough, you can even pay to have them altered some to fit you.

*Liz*
Nov. 15, 2011, 10:48 PM
Try the MH Supremes :) They are slim cut with a very tapered ankle.

candysgirl
Nov. 16, 2011, 01:08 AM
I love my Dublin Aristocrats. They're only about $160, but so far have held up to the abuse I've put them through (trail riding, endurance rides, schooling, driving the truck, etc.). They're slim enough that if I put Under Armor on under my breeches they are a bit snug.

Peril
Nov. 19, 2011, 07:13 PM
I recently bought my first pair of tall boots (not counting some Dublins I bought when I first started riding a couple years ago that could have drowned me had I stepped into a deep puddle). I tried on everything since then including all the Ariats and concluded I would need custom (the Monacos fit better than the others but still). So I put it off as long as I could and happily discovered that the new line of Ariats has a trimmer heel (this was my problem too: very narrow heel, wide toes, and fairly narrow calf). I am very happy with the new Crowne Pro Quantum. Paid $600 which is not cheap but a good deal more reasonable than custom (or Monaco). You might check them out.

hunterrider33
Nov. 22, 2011, 05:53 PM
La Mundial makes a custom boot for 600$ I just got mine and they are amazing! I had Vogel custom boots before these and i love my La Mundials WAY more! Fit great, easy break in, came in 3 months!