PDA

View Full Version : Info on H/J Trainers in Ocala

Lizzie O
Nov. 15, 2011, 01:19 PM
So I got an internship for this next summer at the Kesmarc Florida facility in Ocala. I'm from the Midwest and don't have experience with any trainers in the area. I plan to ask my current trainer for suggestions, but I was wondering if you guys had personal experiences. I don't have my own horse to bring down there, so I would love to find a trainer with horses for me to ride. I'm not a beginner, but I haven't had a ton of showing experience on the A circuit.

Anyways, I researched trainers and found Don Stewart Stables and Kimberden Stables were literally 5 minutes from Kesmarc. I've heard good things about Don, but if anyone has personal experiences with either place and could PM me that'd be great! Thanks! :)

BAC
Nov. 15, 2011, 01:22 PM
I don't have any personal experience with either of them but Don Stewart is one of the biggest names on the east coast and I have read lots of positive reviews of Kimberden as well so I'm sure someone will post about them shortly.

lucyeq
Nov. 15, 2011, 01:27 PM
I train with Don and Bibby and they are FANTASTIC. I get so much out of every time I ride with them. They're very professional and want you to succeed. I really can't say enough positive things about them. Feel free to PM!

SportsFan46
Nov. 15, 2011, 03:24 PM
Don and Bibby are great and have LOTS of horses. Worth at least a conversation with them.

They will give anyone a chance. All they ask is that you have a great work ethic and a good sense of humor!!

mroades
Nov. 15, 2011, 07:09 PM
Only problem I see is that most of the awesome trainers in Ocala are not home much in the summer.....

Tommyknockers
Nov. 15, 2011, 07:54 PM
I have nothing bad to say about Don and Bibby. Kimberden is also very nice. Sent you a pm.

RyuEquestrian
Nov. 15, 2011, 08:43 PM
Kimberden and Don are great. Also look into Bobby Braswell who is in the area too.