PDA

View Full Version : Where are the armchair saddle fitters?

FlashGordon
Nov. 14, 2011, 08:36 PM
Extra wide, 17.5", as narrow a twist as I can get (lol), and an upswept panel.

Oh, and cheap is good. She's a baby, and I suspect she may end up a dressage pony in the long run. But for now I want a close contact as that is what I prefer to ride in.

A friend recommended a Smith Worthington Mystic extra forward, in extra wide... I'm thinking that is gonna be my best bet, but just wondered what other options are out there.

Here is le mare.... as you can see very round.... ;)

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu343/aFITZ4444/DSC02418.jpg

Yeah yeah get a real saddle fitter, I know.... I will....

candysgirl
Nov. 14, 2011, 09:12 PM
Try a Stubben. Poke around on eBay and you can get them pretty cheap.

klmck63
Nov. 14, 2011, 09:21 PM
I don't have anything productive at all to say, but WOW what a tail! I have severe envy! :winkgrin:

FlashGordon
Nov. 15, 2011, 08:03 AM
I don't have anything productive at all to say, but WOW what a tail! I have severe envy! :winkgrin:

Thanks! Girl's got a lot of hair, that's for sure. I need to get my act together and put it up for the winter.....

mvp
Nov. 15, 2011, 05:32 PM
FlashyG, you can still borrow my Bates Caprilli for a while if you want.

It's a 17 with regular flaps-- NQR for you. But it's wool flocked and I have a full set of gullet plates that can come with.

It doesn't have a job right now, so it can leave me temporarily or forever. We have fallen out of love, though it's a useful saddle.

Incidentally, I found it's original paperwork--serial number, receipt for the saddle, the flocking and all. It's an Aussie one.

pattnic
Nov. 16, 2011, 01:50 PM
Try a Stubben. Poke around on eBay and you can get them pretty cheap.

Extremely doubtful a Stuebben would work.

If I were you, I might take MVP up on her offer for now.