PDA

View Full Version : H/J barns in northeast MD or Chester County Pennsylvania

crazy gray horse
Nov. 14, 2011, 08:47 PM
I'll be moving to Cecil County Maryland before the first of the year. I'm looking for a boarding/show barn for my daughter's TB. Daughter is a mature 15. She would like to show some rated shows next year. A competitive but quiet barn would be ideal.

Any suggestions? Feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Expanding my inquiry to include Pennsylvania ;)

Renn/aissance
Nov. 14, 2011, 09:14 PM
Laura Leroy-Roemer's Fox Creek Farm might work out for you. Laura is great. http://www.foxcreekfarm.net/

fxhillfarm
Nov. 15, 2011, 08:54 AM
Tim Maddrix at www.MaddrixStables.com does a few rateds as well as some local shows

TeamBrickman
Nov. 15, 2011, 10:42 AM
Depending on where you will be in Cecil County, you might also consider barns just over the line in Chester County, PA-- many of them could be within 20-30 minutes of you, and will be an easy drive.

Off the top of my head, I might check out Laurie Jakubaskas, who has just recently set up at Farideh Farm (www.faridehfarm.com), Brooke Brown at Brownstone Farm (www.brownstonefarm.net), or Sarah Berkowitz at Top Venture (www.topventurellc.com). Each has a barn and show program that might suit you, depending on your particular needs.

crazy gray horse
Nov. 15, 2011, 09:26 PM
Thank you very much for the suggestions. This is a wonderful starting place - I'll be visiting websites and making calls over the next few days!

comingback
Nov. 15, 2011, 09:40 PM
I sent you a PM

Laurierace
Nov. 15, 2011, 09:55 PM
Laura Leroy-Roemer's Fox Creek Farm might work out for you. Laura is great. http://www.foxcreekfarm.net/

I teach for Laura so obviously agree that she is great but don't think she goes to any rated shows. Now that I think of it some of the shows she goes to may be rated, just not A rated which is what I think of when I think rated. Give her a call, I would love to meet you guys! I know all too well how it is to have to start over in a new place.