View Full Version : Charles Owen sizing help

Nov. 14, 2011, 05:48 PM
I think this is a common problem with the GR8's and am hoping other have figured the sizing out. After about 10-20 rides my helmet that fit perfectly in the store became less than snug. Despite growing about 4 inches of hair since then, it's still too big. I can move normally and the helmet stays still, but on a windy day or even an awkward step it is definitely in need of readjustment.

My question is how many sizes to go down? I would like to be able to cut my hair 2 inches since I am getting into territory where I have to swirl it under my hairnet:). Ordinarily I would just go down a size but it has stretched so much and I don't want two helmets that don't fit. Also, any insight on if the Wellington has the same stretching issues? Right now I am in a 61 and am having trouble deciding between a 59 and 60. The 59 feels very tight.... But the 61 felt great to start! Many thanks for any input.

Nov. 14, 2011, 06:49 PM
I have a CO Wellington. When I first got mine, it was a little snug, but I loosed the strings in the back and it fit wonderful. Like yours after several rides, the helmet got looser. I tightened the strings back up and haven't had a problem since. I would suggest trying this before buying a whole new helmet. :)

Nov. 14, 2011, 06:52 PM
I just wanted to say, GO KNIGHTS! I went to UCF too. I didn't know they had an EQ team.

Nov. 15, 2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks, Trilogy. I tightened up the straps and it helps some but it doesn't solve the problem entirely (and I really want that hair cut!).

Any other input in CO sizing, particularly in the GR8 or Wellington?

Nov. 15, 2011, 01:50 PM
I just wanted to say, GO KNIGHTS! I went to UCF too. I didn't know they had an EQ team.

The hunt seat team began in 2002, western and dressage have developed along the way :)

Nov. 15, 2011, 02:38 PM
I had a similar issue with CO helmets. I got the J3 in a 59 and it fit great, but then the padding compressed and it got looser than I liked. With my Wellington Pro, I ordered a 58. Initially it felt snug, but comfortable. Wearing it for longer periods of time (riding) gave me a headache for the first couple weeks, and now it fits perfectly. I don't think I would go for one that was bordering on uncomfortably tight when you first put it on.