PDA

View Full Version : White Breeches

dp1092
Nov. 13, 2011, 05:31 PM
I need a new pair of white breeches and the Ariat pair I have now, they no longer make :( I don't really want to pay the price tag of Pikeurs (I'm a college kid and I wouldn't ask my parents to pay that much for a pair of breeches). Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice, but affordable pair of white breeches? Thanks guys! :)

Noms
Nov. 13, 2011, 05:38 PM
What size are you and do you like TS?

dp1092
Nov. 13, 2011, 06:06 PM
I am a 32, and to be honest I've never actually tried a pair of TS. I've always had Ariats, so if they are similar to Ariat's sure I like them! :lol:

Herbie19
Nov. 13, 2011, 06:19 PM
I have two pairs of the Tailored Sportsman TS breeches that I love! And for around $130 you don't mind replacing them every year if they get stained :)

TheHorseProblem
Nov. 13, 2011, 06:48 PM
The tack store at my barn has a pair of size 34 TS white knee patch breeches that must be 8 years old but they are new in the bag. I am a 34 but these fit more like a 32. I can ask the guy what he wants for them.

Elementgrl2
Nov. 13, 2011, 07:14 PM
The Grand Prixs are great for the price if you don't want to buy the pikeurs. Pikeur makes the stain and water-rest in white also.

dp1092
Nov. 13, 2011, 07:26 PM
The Grand Prixs are great for the price if you don't want to buy the pikeurs. Pikeur makes the stain and water-rest in white also.

That stain resistant in the Pikeurs :yes::yes: might be the factor, I'm a pretty clumsy kid :yes::lol:

forestergirl99
Nov. 13, 2011, 08:46 PM
The only TS that fit like Ariats are the Trophy Hunters fyi. They're great though!! The Ariat Pro series are also really nice but far more expensive than the Trophy Hunters. I'd get the Trophy Hunter personally unless you could find a pair of the Pro series used.

lucyeq
Nov. 13, 2011, 09:06 PM
LOVE my white/any color TS Trophy Hunters. Definitely my pick.

dp1092
Nov. 13, 2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys! I decided on the TS Professional Breech :)

Hunter/JumperMom
Nov. 13, 2011, 10:45 PM
Bought my daughter two pairs of white Pikeurs, clean up great, have never stained, and while not showing now, used them for 2 years probably 15 sundays a year, no problems! worth every penny

forestergirl99
Nov. 14, 2011, 12:04 AM

Thats what my pair of white breeches are. Hopefully they'll work for you. Be forewarned though that they'll probably fit tighter around the waistband than your Ariats. Great breeches though.

Rel6
Nov. 14, 2011, 12:17 AM
LOVE my white/any color TS Trophy Hunters. Definitely my pick.

Same!

Give and Take
Nov. 14, 2011, 01:49 AM
watch ebay too!

PNWjumper
Nov. 14, 2011, 01:51 AM

Good choice :)

I have several pairs of professionals and they're my favorites!

holaamigoalter
Nov. 14, 2011, 02:02 AM
If you fit into the old style ariats, the TS's might fit awkwardly on you.

Have you looked at AmiraEqui for Pikeur breeches? GREAT prices!

I haven't personally tried them so I can recommend but I've seen the white santio breeches get ketchup poured on them(on purpose) and then wiped right off with no evidence left behind. So if stain resistance is what your after, santio looks cool. More expensive than the pickers though and no cheap place to buy them :(

supershorty628
Nov. 14, 2011, 09:06 AM
I would recommend trying the TS Schooler breeches. They're cotton and not super expensive (under $100), and come in all colors. Actually, I'm an odd size and have to order in bulk, so if you're pretty small, I have a ridiculous amount of whites...