PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this Antares?

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 12, 2011, 06:51 PM
http://frenchusedsaddles.com/jumping-saddles/18-antares-jumping-saddle-244-2000

Is a good price? I know they go for about 4,000 new, but I just wanted some extra opinions. I currently have a Beval, but I show on the A circuit and I'd like a nicer saddle.

indygirl2560
Nov. 12, 2011, 07:38 PM
I think you could find a better looking saddle for that price. Check out ebay and craigslist for good deals. If you have a hard to find size or are in a major hurry then go for it, otherwise I'd shop around.

mildot
Nov. 12, 2011, 07:48 PM
Do you really think people (even judges) are looking at your saddle?

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 12, 2011, 08:00 PM
Honestly if you think they aren't looking at your saddle, then you are sorely mistaken. Some of the girls on the A circuit are cutthroat bitches and definitely ARE looking at your saddle. I've gotten numerous, "Oh my gosh, why aren't you showing in one of your custom saddles?" I never get those comments when showing my other horses in the custom saddles, but the beval is the only one that fits my OTTB. Anyways, my beval is beginning to get worn.

mildot
Nov. 12, 2011, 08:16 PM
Some of the girls on the A circuit are cutthroat bitches and definitely ARE looking at your saddle.

Are they writing your score down? Or not?

Once upon a time I asked the question as to why there were so few men in hunter land.

This thread and the one about must have show apparel have answered that in spades.

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 12, 2011, 08:40 PM
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm looking for a saddle.

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 12, 2011, 08:44 PM
Well I'm sorry that you feel that way, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm looking for a saddle.

:lol::lol:

LvdSprtHorse
Nov. 12, 2011, 09:06 PM

:D

There are a bunch of Antares on eBay, several in that price range. A few CWD's too. Not sure about the seat size though. Youde likely have a lot more options if you could get away with a 17.5

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 12, 2011, 09:09 PM
:D

There are a bunch of Antares on eBay, several in that price range. A few CWD's too. Not sure about the seat size though. Youde likely have a lot more options if you could get away with a 17.5

Also look at the Hampton Classic saddle.. it's made by Antares and is also very nice and slightly cheaper!

Tha Ridge
Nov. 12, 2011, 09:13 PM
I never get those comments when showing my other horses in the custom saddles, but the beval is the only one that fits my OTTB.

Didn't you post on the "Horseless Riders" thread? :confused:

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 12, 2011, 09:18 PM
Didn't you post on the "Horseless Riders" thread? :confused:
I my friend Cassidy is over and she accidentally used my account! Haha, she meant to log out and into her account to post that, but she is looking for a horse to ride! I own 4 horses and I have plenty to ride.

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 12, 2011, 09:21 PM
Yep I could get away with a 17.5 or even a 17, I just have to go up normally because my legs are kind of long and don't really fit on the 17.5 unless they have a long flap.

holaamigoalter
Nov. 12, 2011, 11:19 PM
I my friend Cassidy is over and she accidentally used my account! Haha, she meant to log out and into her account to post that, but she is looking for a horse to ride! I own 4 horses and I have plenty to ride.

maybe you could lend one to your friend Cassidy.

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 12, 2011, 11:25 PM

She doesn't ride at the same barn as me, and she does ride them sometimes. She rode my OTTB in a hack for me last week.

Tha Ridge
Nov. 12, 2011, 11:27 PM

Don't you love house guests? :lol:

On another thread, the OP said she's never used a standing martingale because she's never shown below the Children's Jumpers, but "Cassidy" has only jumped 3'3". Hmph.

*Liz*
Nov. 12, 2011, 11:54 PM
Some of the girls on the A circuit are cutthroat bitches and definitely ARE looking at your saddle. I've gotten numerous, "Oh my gosh, why aren't you showing in one of your custom saddles?"

Maybe you should try keeping better company? I showed at WEF, and numerous other less prestigious venues, in a crappy Dover Circuit for YEARS and never had anyone make a single comment on it, ever.

A Beval is a nice saddle, regardless of wear. I honestly can't believe people would belittle you for riding in a high-end quality saddle like a Beval...

If you're concerned with what people are saying about your saddle, I think you need to re-think your showing and riding priorities.

Kenike
Nov. 13, 2011, 12:09 AM
Maybe you should try keeping better company? I showed at WEF, and numerous other less prestigious venues, in a crappy Dover Circuit for YEARS and never had anyone make a single comment on it, ever.

A Beval is a nice saddle, regardless of wear. I honestly can't believe people would belittle you for riding in a high-end quality saddle like a Beval...

If you're concerned with what people are saying about your saddle, I think you need to re-think your showing and riding priorities.

:yes: 100%!!!!

giddybiddy
Nov. 13, 2011, 12:30 AM

This x a million. Bevals are very nice saddles, I showed in one for a few years at the bigger shows. Never got a comment, glance, or anything of the sort. If you're worrying about what anyone thinks of your saddle at a show, (which you shouldn't be in the first place), it should be the judge. Who also doesn't care. As long as it's not unconventional or bright purple, you should be fine.

hequestrian
Nov. 13, 2011, 12:50 AM
I don't know how long you have had your beval or what the wear on it is but Bevals are indeed VERY nice saddles depending on which model you have. That said... Everything wears and we don't know how worn yours is or isn't.

You should be most concerned with how the saddle fits you and your horse. There are plenty of nice saddle brands out there. If people are worried about what saddle you have they have too much time on their hands.

I may notice a very nice saddle on someone else's horse (as i have constant saddle envy and am saving for a used cwd) but the only time a notice an especially bad saddle is when it is on a horse that is particularly unkept. Unless its a crazy odd shape or something brands on other peoples saddles make no difference to me.

As others have mentioned I would definitely check eBay. They have had a lot of lovely saddles on there and if there isn't one up now there might be in a few days. They pop up very often! (if I was you I would try to make sure the saddle is within the original warranty if at all possible. I think antares have a 5yr warranty...)

Good luck on the saddle hunt.

*Liz*
Nov. 13, 2011, 07:00 AM

And, I'm just going to call you out here and now before this tale spins any further.

Call me a creeper, but I did some googling based on your posts about being 14 years old, from TN, riding with Mac Cone's brother, and your user name - Sarah Rachel.

A Sarah Rachel from TN likes to post on lots of horse forums, and also rides at Hunter's Edge Stable under Beanie Cone. Here's one such blurb,
"I'm Sarah Rachel Zuckerman, I live in TN, and I'm a zone 4 rider! I'm not currently doing any rated shows because I don't have a pony right now, but we are on the look out for a large or a children's hunter or eq horse! I ride at Hunter's Edge Stables and since I currently don't have the opportunity to show I practically live at shows watching the pony hunters and juniors."

Who knows, maybe I'm totally off base, and there's ANOTHER Sarah Rachel about the same age as you who rides at the same farm as you do, but doesn't have any horses... sounds pretty unlikely to me.

Or maybe, you've been hacked by a school bully, that seems to happen all the time around here...

ETA: Your email is listed as szuckerman15@lausanneschool.com, so I think it's fair to say, this is you.

This is NOT a board for RPGs, and the members here do not appreciate kids treating it as such.

Addison
Nov. 13, 2011, 07:46 AM
Oh boy!

ohrebecca
Nov. 13, 2011, 07:59 AM
Popcorn, anyone?

ToTheNines
Nov. 13, 2011, 07:59 AM
Had to go look up rpg, could not resist. Role playing game (or rocket propelled grenade), which may describe a certain type of poster and the replies they get!

Muggle Mom
Nov. 13, 2011, 08:20 AM
Thank you for the RPG definition, ToTheNines. I was scratching my head.

SomethingChronic
Nov. 13, 2011, 08:46 AM
Popcorn, anyone?

Me!!

Tha Ridge
Nov. 13, 2011, 09:50 AM
Who knows, maybe I'm totally off base, and there's ANOTHER Sarah Rachel about the same age as you who rides at the same farm as you do, but doesn't have any horses... sounds pretty unlikely to me.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, but don't you know, the OP posted on another thread that she has Vogels, Ariats and Parlanti boots, but she only wears her Ariats at "C" shows. :lol:

(Most riders I know have one pair of custom boots that they wear anywhere and everywhere. At least that's how I am. Methinks, judging by the trendy show gear topic, that the OP is just a 14-year-old girl very caught up in the haves and the haves not of show world.)

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 13, 2011, 11:23 AM
And, I'm just going to call you out here and now before this tale spins any further.

Call me a creeper, but I did some googling based on your posts about being 14 years old, from TN, riding with Mac Cone's brother, and your user name - Sarah Rachel.

A Sarah Rachel from TN likes to post on lots of horse forums, and also rides at Hunter's Edge Stable under Beanie Cone. Here's one such blurb,
"I'm Sarah Rachel Zuckerman, I live in TN, and I'm a zone 4 rider! I'm not currently doing any rated shows because I don't have a pony right now, but we are on the look out for a large or a children's hunter or eq horse! I ride at Hunter's Edge Stables and since I currently don't have the opportunity to show I practically live at shows watching the pony hunters and juniors."

Or maybe, you've been hacked by a school bully, that seems to happen all the time around here...

ETA: Your email is listed as szuckerman15@lausanneschool.com, so I think it's fair to say, this is you.

This is NOT a board for RPGs, and the members here do not appreciate kids treating it as such.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

KateKat
Nov. 13, 2011, 12:55 PM
Wow guys...did you really just post her email on here? Trust me I hate when people provide false/conflicting information but why such the driving need to "out" her? Especially someone who may be a minor?

Tha Ridge
Nov. 13, 2011, 12:56 PM
Wow guys...did you really just post her email on here? Trust me I hate when people provide false/conflicting information but why such the driving need to "out" her? Especially someone who may be a minor?

Her e-mail is publicly posted on her COTH profile.

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:10 PM
1. I don't appreciate my full name being posted on here.
2. That was quite a few months ago, my father has acquired a new job and promotion, and I've been very lucky to get the things that I have. I'm more than grateful for the horses he's been able to buy me, and the things I can afford now. I'm sorry that my situation has changed and you've felt the need to try to call me out on things that you honestly could have no knowledge about unless you knew me personally.

Tha Ridge
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:20 PM
2. That was quite a few months ago, my father has acquired a new job and promotion, and I've been very lucky to get the things that I have. I'm more than grateful for the horses he's been able to buy me, and the things I can afford now. I'm sorry that my situation has changed and you've felt the need to try to call me out on things that you honestly could have no knowledge about unless you knew me personally.

It looks like, from your Formspring and YouTube, you have just one horse—an OTTB. :rolleyes: A USEF horse recording search shows no horses under your name.

Look, people on COTH are accepting of every body. Many of us don't have horses at the moment, some of us have barns full. Why not just be honest?

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:23 PM
It looks like, from your Formspring and YouTube, you have just one horse—an OTTB. :rolleyes: A USEF horse recording search shows no horses under your name.

Look, people on COTH are accepting of every body. Many of us don't have horses at the moment, some of us have barns full. Why not just be honest?

...and the plot thickens.. dun dun duuuuuun

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:24 PM

And again, I'll say that my situation is a bit odd, but I lease my other horses, technically.
And to add on to that, I haven't done any -rated- shows with them yet, as it's only been about 2 months. I find it semi creepy that you've gone to stalking on me, and now I'm going to have to go private everything. I'd rather not have 30 and 40 year olds capable of finding my profile.

*Liz*
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:27 PM
1) If you don't want your full name posted, don't use an email that reveals your full name, and don't post your full name all over the internet for anyone to find. I use my real name too, but I make no bones about who I am. From my email, you can learn where I went to school also, and a little googling would probably reveal all kinds of information on myself as well. This is the age of internet, either get used to it, or learn not to post personal details like your last name all over the place.

2) I'm still not buying it. In the last 5 months, you went from being horseless looking for a large pony or children's hunter, to owning 4 horses, custom saddles, and showing in something above children's jumpers. It just does not add up.

3) Just one month ago, you posted on Virginia Equestrian, "I'm looking for a 17.5 or 17 inch saddle to be used on a 16.1hh fairly wither-y TB in the eq and jumpers. Must have knee rolls, please no monoflaps. Cannot be synthetic. Cannot be all purpose, must be close contact. Looking for under $800. Older saddles are fine as long as they're in good condition. If you can include stirrup leathers, that's a plus, but not nessicary."

That's a hefty price difference from what you say you're looking for here.

I'm not out here to bash you, but rather to inform you that in the real world, people see through tall tales. I honestly wish you good luck on your riding endeavors, but you'll find people treat you better when you're honest.

Tha Ridge
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:29 PM
1) If you don't want your full name posted, don't use an email that reveals your full name, and don't post your full name all over the internet for anyone to find. I use my real name too, but I make no bones about who I am. From my email, you can learn where I went to school also, and a little googling would probably reveal all kinds of information on myself as well. This is the age of internet, either get used to it, or learn not to post personal details like your last name all over the place.

[...]

I'm not out here to bash you, but rather to inform you that in the real world, people see through tall tales. I honestly wish you good luck on your riding endeavors, but you'll find people treat you better when you're honest.

This. My "stalking" entailed one Google search. It wasn't hard.

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:30 PM
Well I'm sorry that I've gotten very lucky in the past couple of months, that doesn't change who I am at all. Also, the post on Virginia Equestrian was on behalf of my barn, who is looking for lesson saddles.

Tha Ridge
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:33 PM
Well I'm sorry that I've gotten very lucky in the past couple of months, that doesn't change who I am at all. Also, the post on Virginia Equestrian was on behalf of my barn, who is looking for lesson saddles.

Just like your friend Cassidy, who was staying at your house? Funny how the horse described in the Virginia Equestrian ad matches yours perfectly.

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:36 PM
My OTTB is a lesson horse, I own him, but I allow him to be used in the lesson program.

*Liz*
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:49 PM
And again, I'll say that my situation is a bit odd, but I lease my other horses, technically.
And to add on to that, I haven't done any -rated- shows with them yet, as it's only been about 2 months.

From another thread, you posted, "I have 3 pairs of tall boots, but I rotate using them. I school and do C/locals in my ariats, then I do the A's in my parlantis and vogels. "

So exactly when were you doing A shows, why do you have no record on USEF, on which horses were you showing, in what division, higher than children's jumpers as you stated you've never shown below that level, were you showing in? None of this adds up.

Sarah Z
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:57 PM
okay so someone on formspring just said to me that someone was pretending to be me on here. i'm going to contact my school and let them know that someone's hacked my email, but i'm sorry, cause like none of what this person has said is true. my names sarah rachel, i'm 14 and i own an ottb. I don't do rated shows, but i'm starting this year. sorry about this yall, i think i know who it is, but i'm not going to call them out on here, i'm going to talk to them at the barn tomorrow. and i only know one cassidy and she doesn't even ride at my barn. um yeah, idk what else to say.

Sarah Z
Nov. 13, 2011, 02:05 PM
does anyone know how to report a person on here?

Tha Ridge
Nov. 13, 2011, 02:10 PM
Even more house guests! :lol: :D

Sarah Z
Nov. 13, 2011, 02:10 PM
what?

Ammy Owner
Nov. 13, 2011, 03:07 PM
Tha Ridge- Very off topic but OMG your blog! I'm in love! And now I am off to the grocery store to recreate your Lemon-Hazelnut Pie :)

wcporter
Nov. 13, 2011, 03:27 PM
Are you f***ing kidding me!!?? Another one of these?? :rolleyes:

Honey, its okay. You're young and you got caught up in a lie and feel stuck and the need to "fix it."

Don't.

COTHers are like....one big collective Sherlock Holmes :winkgrin: and if you continue down this road you will be eaten alive

Just back away from your computer for a month or two, create a new name and come back ready to tell the truth.

All will be well. Trust me. :yes:

mildot
Nov. 13, 2011, 04:11 PM
This thread delivers......:lol:

To the MAX
Nov. 13, 2011, 05:05 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

stolen virtue
Nov. 13, 2011, 05:16 PM
Honestly if you think they aren't looking at your saddle, then you are sorely mistaken. Some of the girls on the A circuit are cutthroat bitches and definitely ARE looking at your saddle. I've gotten numerous, "Oh my gosh, why aren't you showing in one of your custom saddles?" I never get those comments when showing my other horses in the custom saddles, but the beval is the only one that fits my OTTB. Anyways, my beval is beginning to get worn.

Sorry, but this post is classic bored teen with a computer. And "I never get those comments when showing my other horses in the custorm saddles." This statement conflicts with the entire post since she says she actually has custom saddles-plural ! Too funny.

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 13, 2011, 05:44 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D hahahahahha another one of these... two in the past two months!!! We are on a rollll

spaceagevalkyrie
Nov. 13, 2011, 06:01 PM
okay so someone on formspring just said to me that someone was pretending to be me on here. i'm going to contact my school and let them know that someone's hacked my email, but i'm sorry, cause like none of what this person has said is true. my names sarah rachel, i'm 14 and i own an ottb. I don't do rated shows, but i'm starting this year. sorry about this yall, i think i know who it is, but i'm not going to call them out on here, i'm going to talk to them at the barn tomorrow. and i only know one cassidy and she doesn't even ride at my barn. um yeah, idk what else to say.

You've pulled this shit before on other message boards, no house guests for you :winkgrin:

bluebuckets
Nov. 13, 2011, 06:44 PM
Tha Ridge- Very off topic but OMG your blog! I'm in love! And now I am off to the grocery store to recreate your Lemon-Hazelnut Pie :)

Lemon Hazelnut Pie? mmmmmm..... *looksatblog*

dp1092
Nov. 13, 2011, 06:47 PM

For all of you who have twitter, this was obviously 2H0T2TR0T

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 13, 2011, 06:49 PM

:eek: Really!?!?!?!? The mysterious 2H0T2TR0T has been revealed!?

ohrebecca
Nov. 13, 2011, 06:49 PM
Okay. I'm a little late, but I brought popcorn, margaritas, and boxed wine. This sounds like it's gonna be a doozy of a houseguest/impostor thread!

Tha Ridge
Nov. 13, 2011, 07:03 PM

Wait, so 2H0T2TR0T is just some dumb kid from Tennessee with an OTTB? I was hoping it was actually someone who shows/knows what's going on, rather than someone living a horse show fantasy online.

LunaTheGreyMare
Nov. 13, 2011, 08:15 PM
SHE is 2H0T2TR0T? Wow. Finally that mystery is solved...:rolleyes:
BTW both the twitter and formspring acct are now gone. Darn. That was some decent entertainment for a while.

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 13, 2011, 08:19 PM
SHE is 2H0T2TR0T? Wow. Finally that mystery is solved...:rolleyes:
BTW both the twitter and formspring acct are now gone. Darn. That was some decent entertainment for a while.

Aww she deleted her formspring!?.. and omg the Twitter.. endless entertainment.

Tha Ridge
Nov. 13, 2011, 08:21 PM
Lemon Hazelnut Pie? mmmmmm..... *looksatblog*

Let me know if you try it. You know that food is a mandatory requirement for all COTH trainwrecks, so why not pie?

Vetvivi
Nov. 13, 2011, 08:30 PM
anyone have a link to this infamous twitter? :D

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 13, 2011, 08:34 PM
anyone have a link to this infamous twitter? :D

It is long gone.. been deleted for a while now... unfortunately..

Ammy Owner
Nov. 13, 2011, 08:52 PM
Let me know if you try it. You know that food is a mandatory requirement for all COTH trainwrecks, so why not pie?

I tried it this evening! It was a huge hit, sadly mine did not come out as gorgeous as the one you made in your blog but it tasted amazing. I am now going through your archives to find more yummy things to make :yes:

dp1092
Nov. 13, 2011, 09:14 PM

No no no! I'm just saying it sounds like something 2H0T2TR0T would say. And he/she/it deleted their formspring

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 13, 2011, 09:18 PM
No no no! I'm just saying it sounds like something 2H0T2TR0T would say. And he/she/it deleted their formspring

Oh man! I was getting really excited for a second there.. oh well, the mystery of 2H0T2TR0T lives on. haha

LunaTheGreyMare
Nov. 13, 2011, 09:37 PM
OOOOOOOHHHHHH. Hmmmm...well it IS kind of weird that now everything related to 2H0T2TR0T is gone....

holaamigoalter
Nov. 13, 2011, 10:41 PM
There was a huge twitter war between them(apparently there was more than one) and Callie Morgan Smith. Both got banned I believe and everything about it has been deleted off the internet. Even the Diva thread got deleted which is unheard of. I believe they were outed and tried to backpedal saying it was a "social experiment". I'm going to guess they were right with the two girls they outed since everything is gone. I know one of the girls and I doubt its her but I never met the other one.

*Lovelife*
Nov. 14, 2011, 12:46 AM
Holy shit.

Anyone care to post a link to the 2hot2trot scandal?

I have pizza and beer.

I'm in.

holaamigoalter
Nov. 14, 2011, 12:59 AM
Holy shit.

Anyone care to post a link to the 2hot2trot scandal?

I have pizza and beer.

I'm in.

No links anymore. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is deleted. You would even know he/she/they ever existed. I'm guessing there is some sort of internet/minor protection thing going on as its clear 2h0t2tr0t was a junior so legally, it can all just go away. Of course, nothing on the internet ever just goes away so it wouldn't surprise me if someone dug it up. I am not that savvy unfortunately :(

*Lovelife*
Nov. 14, 2011, 01:09 AM
Damn. Someones gotta have some links!!! I'm in need of some entertainment!!!! How about a short summary?

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 14, 2011, 10:07 AM
Damn. Someones gotta have some links!!! I'm in need of some entertainment!!!! How about a short summary?

No really, it is GONE.. If you google it, the page comes up, but as soon as you click on it, it goes away.

There isn't really a way to summarize it. It was just a twitter of a supposed "rich snob" who disses people who aren't so fortunate. Slightly humorous, but could be taken really offensive to some-and many did take it offensively. They began calling out people in their tweet who called them out on their twitters.. just one big mess.

Tha Ridge
Nov. 14, 2011, 10:21 AM
They began calling out people in their tweet who called them out on their twitters.. just one big mess.

Yeah, it started out as sort of a funny, satirical take on rich horse show kids, but then they began attacking real, good horse show kids.

Last week, one of the tweets to Michael Hughes was something like, "At least my horse can get a lead change," after he missed a change in the Maclay finals. I think there was also some mean things about Reed Kessler and a few others.

Kenike
Nov. 14, 2011, 12:33 PM
2HOT2TROT was an absolute gas! I, too, noticed it was gone, but I also probably wouldn't have made the connection here. :lol:

Thanks for the entertainment!

Rye
Nov. 14, 2011, 01:19 PM
too funny! The Chronicle detectives can sniff out a wiff of BS 1000 years out with no wind.

I'm guessing they could also find Jimmy Hoffa, Helen Brach and Lindbergs kid if we pointed them in that direction

Whistler
Nov. 14, 2011, 02:28 PM
Is the OP also 'SkittlesPony"?

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 14, 2011, 03:21 PM
Is the OP also 'SkittlesPony"?

That's what I was wondering too.. or perhaps SkittlePony's "friend" or whoever that hacker her.. or whatever happened with that nonsense.

dp1092
Nov. 14, 2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah, it started out as sort of a funny, satirical take on rich horse show kids, but then they began attacking real, good horse show kids.

Last week, one of the tweets to Michael Hughes was something like, "At least my horse can get a lead change," after he missed a change in the Maclay finals. I think there was also some mean things about Reed Kessler and a few others.

There was a lot of rude things that 2hot2trot said and it didn't use names, it was like things but you knew who they applied to. It was a mess, and they were rude.

Whistler
Nov. 14, 2011, 07:24 PM
Well i was intrigued as I enjoy a little sleuthing myself, and went looking for the twitter site too. Unfortunately my typing was slightly off and I think it was a 'tumblr' site and a VERY -- ahem -- interesting page came up while i was at work! And it was nothing to do with horses. Thank goodness no one was walking behind my desk...I am still red in the face!

GingerJumper
Nov. 14, 2011, 07:41 PM
This is SO much like the whole bigeq/catch rider/houseguest debacle from a few months ago... although so far OP is being MUCH more polite and grammatically correct. Just sayin'.

OP: If you really are doing the multiple user thing... well, it didn't work out well for the last gal who did it. This is, after all, the Circle Of The Hyenas, as one genius poster said. If you're being wrongly accused or something, then please just don't bother with fighting over it and click the little red X button in the corner of your browser. Pretty sure this will be impossible for you to dig out of.

supershorty628
Nov. 14, 2011, 07:44 PM
Never mind, I found it!

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321930&highlight=big+eq+catch+rider

GingerJumper
Nov. 14, 2011, 07:54 PM
Edit: Found it!

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321930&highlight=big+eq+catch+rider

Did you find the other one?? I think it was searching for a bigeq horse named something to do with manners? I remember that much because the OP had named herself something similar to the horse's name (or after the horse) and it amused me because she was SO rude, yet her name was about manners or comportment...

EDIT: I am an idiot. The name I was grasping at straws for is Properettiquite1. Like, the one who's name appears first in that link. *facepalm*

Edit numero dos... Found the other thread. It was about a free lease on a bigeq horse. :lol: There was, however, a thread searching for the horse she'd named herself after. It just wasn't one of the locked up (and before they were locked, trainwrecked) ones.

supershorty628
Nov. 14, 2011, 08:23 PM
I did find the other one, but I am waiting to read through it until I finish my paper on my herd of imaginary cows (I kid you not). According to COTH, I posted in the big eq thread, so I must have read it at some point.

GingerJumper
Nov. 14, 2011, 08:26 PM
I did find the other one, but I am waiting to read through it until I finish my paper on my herd of imaginary cows (I kid you not). According to COTH, I posted in the big eq thread, so I must have read it at some point.

A paper on imaginary cows? Now THAT is one topic I've never heard of before!

The big eq thread was a total wreck. I posted a lovely long thread and got a few "cudos" type mentions from one poster. I was on a role there for a while being the only seemingly sane junior when PE1 and Skittles were running around... I need another junior-strated trainwreck to make myself look good again. :lol: :lol: :lol: I kid, I kid.

supershorty628
Nov. 14, 2011, 08:29 PM
A paper on imaginary cows? Now THAT is one topic I've never heard of before!

I have to generate estimated production levels, etc., and back them up with all sorts of formulas. It's a very in-depth paper on imaginary cows. I suppose it's assignments like this that make people a little skeptical about animal science majors, haha!

GingerJumper
Nov. 14, 2011, 08:34 PM
I have to generate estimated production levels, etc., and back them up with all sorts of formulas. It's a very in-depth paper on imaginary cows. I suppose it's assignments like this that make people a little skeptical about animal science majors, haha!

Now I feel like getting an animal science major. Although I suppose writing about imaginary cows isn't exactly guaranteed, though... :sigh:

supershorty628
Nov. 14, 2011, 08:41 PM
Now I feel like getting an animal science major. Although I suppose writing about imaginary cows isn't exactly guaranteed, though... :sigh:

No, but it does provide an interesting diversion from studying for my organic chem, genetics, and animal genetics [more mathematical than the other genetics course] exams!

GingerJumper
Nov. 14, 2011, 08:43 PM
No, but it does provide an interesting diversion from studying for my organic chem, genetics, and animal genetics [more mathematical than the other genetics course] exams!

All of those sound incredibly painful... In fact, my brain hurts just thinking about them. Perhaps animal science is not for me. :lol:

cbear1314
Jul. 24, 2013, 03:44 PM
I wasn't banned from anything so thats awkward

goodlife
Jul. 24, 2013, 04:04 PM

I mean, there's coming late to the party, and then there's coming late to the party...

Tha Ridge
Jul. 24, 2013, 04:05 PM
I mean, there's coming late to the party, and then there's coming late to the party...

:lol:

Renn/aissance
Jul. 24, 2013, 04:16 PM

For sure. :lol:

Indy
Jul. 24, 2013, 04:20 PM

What's awkward is you bringing this thread up from the dead...

wcporter
Jul. 24, 2013, 04:35 PM
Waaaaaaaat??

PrimoAmor
Jul. 24, 2013, 05:48 PM
This provided some great entertainment!

jody jaffe
Jul. 25, 2013, 07:48 AM
If I were editor of The Chron, I would change the forum rules banishing fake names. If you have something to say, have the courage to put your real name behind it.
Of course enforcing that rule would be as difficult as enforcing the new 12 hour no injections rule.
That said, these kinds of threads are gold mines to writers like myself. Little Miss Three Boots/Four Horses Not with all her tall tales will surely make an appearance in an upcoming book.
So thanks!

supershorty628
Jul. 25, 2013, 07:50 AM
If I were editor of The Chron, I would change the forum rules banishing fake names. If you have something to say, have the courage to put your real name behind it.

B-b-but.. I like being supershorty! People have come up to me at horse shows and asked me if I'm supershorty :lol:

Renn/aissance
Jul. 25, 2013, 08:06 AM
That said, these kinds of threads are gold mines to writers like myself. Little Miss Three Boots/Four Horses Not with all her tall tales will surely make an appearance in an upcoming book.
So thanks!

Is that ethical or fair to the kid- who has hopefully grown out of some of it?

Tha Ridge
Jul. 25, 2013, 10:31 AM
Is that ethical or fair to the kid- who has hopefully grown out of some of it?

This is true, especially given that said kid still posts here and seems to be a little more honest now. ;)

mvp
Jul. 25, 2013, 10:44 AM

What?

So the 2Hot...Whatever person who is such a rag on twitter.....is also the Sarah Rachel who started this thread. And Sarah Rachel is also Sarar Z, whose e-mail address and school info and such are available?

The world is just too small to be talking smack under the cover of anonymity. Any one of us would benefit from learning that at the tender age of 14.

goodlife
Jul. 25, 2013, 11:07 AM
What?

So the 2Hot...Whatever person who is such a rag on twitter.....is also the Sarah Rachel who started this thread. And Sarah Rachel is also Sarar Z, whose e-mail address and school info and such are available?

The world is just too small to be talking smack under the cover of anonymity. Any one of us would benefit from learning that at the tender age of 14.

I'd bet my horse that she isn't/wasn't the real original 2H0T2TR0T.

Renn/aissance
Jul. 25, 2013, 01:48 PM
This is true, especially given that said kid still posts here and seems to be a little more honest now. ;)

It's been a long time since I actually looked at this seriously, but if the book in question is fictional, well, so much for the "characters herein are a work of fiction" disclaimer in the front; and if it's non-fiction, I would imagine that someone somewhere would have something to say about humor at the expense of a 14-year-old. I don't know anyone who did not have at least one moment of complete doofus behavior as a teenager*; if we were lucky, we don't have it immortalized on the internet. The internet is already forever, there's no need to compound the issue by putting it in print.

*except for me. I was perfect. Ask my mother, she could use the laugh.

vxf111
Jul. 25, 2013, 01:57 PM
Boy this was a blast from the past!