PDA

View Full Version : Northface Jacket at jumper show?

Hannahxoxo
Nov. 12, 2011, 07:47 PM
Hi everyone! So december 10th I might be going to the TWA winter series at Hazelwild farm & I was wondering if it would be okay if I wore a black northface jacket? & if I can what should I wear under it? I'm guessing my polo but I'm afraid that will 'clash' with the color of my jacket. I'm just doing the puddle jumpers so it is no big deal. :)

This is my first jumper show off the farm so thats why I'm a little worried about everything. :p

Kikki
Nov. 12, 2011, 07:52 PM
If its freezing, go for it. Today I showed my jumper in a light sweater and my North Face Denali. A couple weeks ago I showed in a vest and sweater.

bjd2013
Nov. 12, 2011, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes we throw our show shirts on underneath. It shouldn't matter though. Even at local hunter shows people do it.

mildot
Nov. 12, 2011, 08:38 PM
How about a real wool Melton?

Herbie19
Nov. 13, 2011, 12:11 PM
A nice turtleneck sweater underneath would be appropriate. That being said I'm sure you'll be the best dressed person there for even worrying about it. Good luck and have fun!

Trixie
Nov. 13, 2011, 12:27 PM
You're fine. TWA at Hazelwild is a schooling jumper show which means that almost no one will be wearing formal attire, especially in December.

FWIW, the USEF rules specifically state that "A windbreaker jacket or raincoat may be worn if conditions require. In all cases, riders must appear neatly attired to appear before the public or be subject to penalty of elimination by the judges" and that management may waive hunt coats - which is generally the case in everything but a formal class.

However, if jackets are waived, competitors should wear a collared shirt. So that's what I would do - a collared shirt under a sweater or whatever and your Northface on top.

Hannahxoxo
Nov. 13, 2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

Rockfish
Nov. 13, 2011, 10:48 PM
Gegi and Tom (if he's the judge for the day) definately won't mind. It's jumpers; it's a schooling show; and both prefer you be comfortable, safe, and happy than in all out show gear.