PDA

View Full Version : A Course Walk... Gone Awry

Tha Ridge
Nov. 12, 2011, 12:10 PM
It was just a regular day at the New England Equitation 41/Over Championships...

Until: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KiaXgxlNLgo#!

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it was too funny not to share! :) :lol: Any COTHers involved?

twinkle
Nov. 12, 2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks for posting this ;-)

dani0303
Nov. 12, 2011, 12:24 PM
Hahahahaha amazing. I've always wanted to see/be part of one!!

Renn/aissance
Nov. 12, 2011, 12:29 PM
I am sure someone knows who is responsible for this- that was great! :lol:

Sing Mia Song
Nov. 12, 2011, 12:44 PM
I am betting that this was all the brainchild of my good friend Sean Rogers--he's #394. He wound up second in the finals, too!

spacytracy
Nov. 12, 2011, 12:54 PM
That was awesome!

mroades
Nov. 12, 2011, 01:11 PM
yikes, attack of the killer muffin tops!!!

SillyHorse
Nov. 12, 2011, 01:23 PM
yikes, attack of the killer muffin tops!!!
Cute idea and video, but just proves that short coats and low rise breeches look bad no matter what age you are, but particularly bad when you're over 40. :lol:

doublesstable
Nov. 12, 2011, 01:35 PM
Cute idea and video, but just proves that short coats and low rise breeches look bad no matter what age you are, but particularly bad when you're over 40. :lol:

You two must be young because I thought all the gals (and guy) looked fantastic.....

Myself pushing 50 am happy just to be able to get out of bed in the am without hurting....

mroades
Nov. 12, 2011, 01:38 PM
I am 45...and I would have simply added a muffin to the pan...lol. Just an observation

Losgelassenheit
Nov. 12, 2011, 02:25 PM
Across the background from 1:30-1:35. :lol::lol::lol: Loving that enthusiasm of 394. :D That was great!

jenm
Nov. 12, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hahahahaha amazing. I've always wanted to see/be part of one!!

http://www.flashmobamerica.com/who-we-are/

Mayaty02
Nov. 12, 2011, 03:15 PM
I think they all look great!!

pm59
Nov. 12, 2011, 03:21 PM
That was awesome, someone needs to send this off to GMA, they do a flashmob segment once a week I think.

Voldemare
Nov. 12, 2011, 03:30 PM
I watched the video and thought, wow, what a sharp-dressed, fit bunch of ladies... muffin top? Really? Give me a break.

Tha Ridge
Nov. 12, 2011, 04:09 PM
I watched the video and thought, wow, what a sharp-dressed, fit bunch of ladies... muffin top? Really? Give me a break.

Same, and I'm in my 20s. I hope I look that good and am still riding at that level 20 years from now. :yes:

lostinAusten
Nov. 12, 2011, 04:23 PM
What fun! Thanks for sharing. Love the group still trying to walk the course though. :)

ktm2007
Nov. 12, 2011, 04:51 PM

me too. I certainly didn't notice "muffin tops", but I tend not to be critical of others.....

FlightCheck
Nov. 12, 2011, 04:57 PM
I thought it was cute, and funny, and some people need to find something real to be concerned about rather than condescending to others.

Hunter Mom
Nov. 12, 2011, 05:39 PM
I thought it was wonderful. A bunch of folks my age having a lot of fun doing something a little out of the box with other people in a similar boat! BRAVO!

And to those who snarked about muffin tops - there are a lot of us who are just happy to still be riding at our age, and we really don't CARE what some whippersnapper thinks. Let's see your bod in breeches after kids. Part of the joy of becoming older is that you become comfortable in your skin - even if there is more of it than there used to be!

BAC
Nov. 12, 2011, 05:49 PM
I was having too much fun watching to notice any muffin tops.

Thanks for posting that, it was great.

MySuperExAlter
Nov. 12, 2011, 05:49 PM
Same, and I'm in my 20s. I hope I look that good and am still riding at that level 20 years from now. :yes:

Agreed! I'm in my 20s, 6 foot and 145 pounds.. I thought all those women (and man) looked absolutely fabulous!!

No need to point out flaws on such a lighthearted and fun video!

GingerJumper
Nov. 12, 2011, 06:08 PM
How funny! Best course walk ever!

RegalBeagle
Nov. 12, 2011, 06:28 PM
Loved it! What great fun

War Admiral
Nov. 12, 2011, 08:10 PM
That was cool as all getout. Thanks for the link, Ridge!

Limone
Nov. 12, 2011, 08:13 PM
I must say I was there! Having shown in the previous section I was sitting going over my next course in my mind and out of no where this began. We all sat there dumbstuck looking around like it was some joke and as it continued the entire crowd was dying laughing. I was sitting right behind whoever filmed this and the judges were behind me. At the start the professional judges all looked puzzled but by the end they too were laughing and dancing (to their own dance) in the judges booth) I wish I had video taped the judges! I sat there laughing and not knowing what to do. Not long after a friend text me asking where I was... my response was "I think they just flash mobed during a course walk" (she too was there) her response was "I know, wtf we need to talk" Which we did and continue to laugh about it the entire day. New England finals are really a joy to partake in and this silly dance made for a year to remember. That same night we had an "adult" party where we fake gambled with chips they provided for us. It was a fun night to drink, socialize, and learn how to gamble without actually losing any real money. There I met a few people who were part of it. They said it all came about the night before in the lobby of the marriott hotel where they thought it would be a fun idea. IT really was great and I applaud all those that partook in it!

incentive
Nov. 12, 2011, 08:47 PM
What fun!! I loved it!!!! And I thought they all looked FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

ohrebecca
Nov. 12, 2011, 09:22 PM
That looked fun! I'm not a fan of flash mobs, but it's fun to see something like that in HJ-land.

Muffin tops? Psh. I'm only 30 and I wish I looked that good. The ladies and gentleman are in fine form!

hequestrian
Nov. 12, 2011, 09:38 PM
Great video. I wasn't sure what to expect at the beginning but it was very cute!

SillyHorse
Nov. 12, 2011, 10:18 PM
You two must be young because I thought all the gals (and guy) looked fantastic.....

Myself pushing 50 am happy just to be able to get out of bed in the am without hurting....
Er, no. Older than you, in fact.

giddybiddy
Nov. 12, 2011, 10:33 PM
I heard about this...so happy to actually see it! SO FUNNY!

AliCat
Nov. 12, 2011, 10:42 PM
That looked like a lot of fun, and I thought they all looked great.

doublesstable
Nov. 12, 2011, 11:01 PM
Er, no. Older than you, in fact.

Okay sorry to comment about ages; just very confused about the muffin top comments. I was thinking I am of age to compete in that class and was thinking how great they all looked.... My dream to compete like that some day...

It was quite a cute video and what brave people to get up like that.... and the guy in the pink tie was sooooo funny! Would have loved to have been there too.....

stolen virtue
Nov. 12, 2011, 11:05 PM
OK, I come from a classical ballet background and I just want to show again ! That is so cool and funny and so ridery, and not dancer like. I love it and I cannot wait to get my old butt back in the showring to embarrass my children.

Whittyd34
Nov. 12, 2011, 11:17 PM
Love this!

jen-s
Nov. 12, 2011, 11:34 PM
LOVE IT! Go ladies (and gent). ;)

pictureonemore
Nov. 13, 2011, 01:21 AM
This made my night. I thought it was hysterical!

copper1
Nov. 13, 2011, 07:23 AM
that was so much fun to watch! Great job to all involved and congrats on a light moment before a serious competition!

S1969
Nov. 13, 2011, 09:19 AM
I was having too much fun watching to notice any muffin tops.

Thanks for posting that, it was great.

Me too! I thought they were fabulous! How fun!

Phoebe
Nov. 13, 2011, 09:39 AM
loved this, missed the muffin tops........thanks for posting made my morning!!!

bascher
Nov. 13, 2011, 09:39 PM
I thought that was absolutely fabulous!

I don't understand why there always has to be something to nitpick and start drama about. I was having way too much fun enjoying their enthusiasm and hoping that I'll be able to still ride at that level in 20 years to worry about anything else. Kudos to all of them, that was so much fun to watch!

chai
Nov. 13, 2011, 09:48 PM
That was great! Thanks for the smile.

mroades
Nov. 13, 2011, 09:52 PM
If you are referring to me...no notpicking, no drama, just an observation....it was funny to see so many white shirts poofing out of breeches tops to me...sorry if it offended. I'm ok, You're ok

doublesstable
Nov. 13, 2011, 10:00 PM
If you are referring to me...no notpicking, no drama, just an observation....it was funny to see so many white shirts poofing out of breeches tops to me...sorry if it offended. I'm ok, You're ok

:) no offend for me; I was confused... thought it was a poke at the ladies that I was saying to myself - hey they look pretty good :)

I'm okay, your okay

vxf111
Nov. 13, 2011, 10:13 PM
So cute, good for them!

Indy
Nov. 13, 2011, 10:42 PM
I love it!

JBCool
Nov. 14, 2011, 10:22 AM

I'm in my 20s too and I just hope to rdie/look that good BY THE TIME I'm their age!!!!!! :lol: :yes:

JBCool
Nov. 14, 2011, 10:22 AM
oops, that should be "ride" not rdie

fargonefarm
Nov. 14, 2011, 10:32 AM
Watching that just made me smile HUGE! Thanks so much and kudos to those riders!!!:D

Dewey
Nov. 14, 2011, 10:41 AM
That was wonderful! I loved it!

mustangsal85
Nov. 14, 2011, 01:47 PM
Haha... when I saw the title of this thread I was thinking "what the heck could have happened during a course walk?!" Thanks for sharing!

2DogsFarm
Nov. 14, 2011, 01:59 PM
:lol: Too.Damn.FUNNY!

If I lived in New England I'd be looking for a H/J barn to show out of if they have this much fun at Finals :yes:

:uhoh: of course I'd need the 60+ group.....
muffintop optional ;)

trubandloki
Nov. 14, 2011, 02:12 PM
So fun!

I totally missed the muffin tops.
Though I do not consider a shirt not staying tucked in a muffin top so maybe that is why.

KateKat
Nov. 14, 2011, 03:08 PM
as soon as the video started I thought "horse show flash mob?" and they didn't disappoint! LOL. That was great, thanks for sharing!

Quin
Nov. 14, 2011, 07:57 PM
I think it looks hilarious.

I also think that if that's what the over-41s look like in New England, I have a serious inferiority complex.

SnicklefritzG
Nov. 14, 2011, 08:47 PM
Hey - I just want to know if the guy wearing #394 is single?? lol.

abv1269
Nov. 14, 2011, 10:57 PM
I feel so awful though, as with that lead in I was waiting to watch somebody trip!:lol:

Muffins? What muffins? Where? Who's got muffins?? For the love of god, share them!:yes:

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

justathought
Nov. 15, 2011, 02:13 PM
The video is also posted on eventingnation.com

very neat!

see u at x
Nov. 15, 2011, 02:32 PM
Hmmm...wow...if equitation over 40 is this much fun, I might need to rethink my focus in hunter/jumper/eq.-land. This was fabulous!

Celeritas
Nov. 15, 2011, 03:27 PM
While super competitive, New England Finals is a ton of fun. I went for the first time this year (middle adult), and laughed my butt off when the flash mob happened- I wish my age group was in on it! There was also a repeat performance at the adult exhibitor's party :)

Darden
Nov. 15, 2011, 03:56 PM
It IS this much fun. One reason is the guy wearing 394. Great group of riders, trainers and horses up there in New England.

Hinderella
Nov. 15, 2011, 04:27 PM
What great fun! I'm not a show person, but a video like that could almost draw me in. Who says yankees are straight laced and stuffy?

sopha
Nov. 15, 2011, 07:28 PM
I was there, and am a 41+. My friend was going first in the 41+, so I only saw the tail end of it. New England Finals is the most fun you can have at a horse show. No need to move to New England to show, just show up at a few horse shows there and qualify! I live in NJ, so I go to Connecticut or Massachusetts and try to qualify.

As for the muffin top, I still have the offensive problem, however after removing 25 lbs of unwanted me this year, I have discovered that the problem lies with my shirts not being long enough to tuck into my low rise britches and not that I still am carrying my pregnancy weight.

CVPeg
Nov. 15, 2011, 07:32 PM
They looked great!
And I couldn't believe they were the 41/over group!!

Rebels_Princess
Nov. 15, 2011, 08:43 PM
I ADORE this video. Makes me miss showing even more...and being part of a barn. I miss the feeling of comradely.

Tha Ridge
Nov. 15, 2011, 10:55 PM
I was there, and am a 41+. My friend was going first in the 41+, so I only saw the tail end of it. New England Finals is the most fun you can have at a horse show. No need to move to New England to show, just show up at a few horse shows there and qualify! I live in NJ, so I go to Connecticut or Massachusetts and try to qualify.

I'm in NY but ride in NJ, so I just might try and convince my trainer to take me up to a few if I find a solid 3' eq horse this year. Would be a fun goal to work toward. :)

Slewdledo
Nov. 15, 2011, 11:40 PM
I am a dork, but I teared up watching that. :lol: Have not had Fun With Horses in quite awhile so that was awesome to see. :cool:

I wasn't looking at clothing or jiggly parts if any. The hands, the unison...just great! :yes:

TrakHack
Nov. 16, 2011, 12:32 AM
How fun was that! Makes me want to be part of New England show scene. Very cool.