PDA

View Full Version : USHJA is taking over.

bjd2013
Nov. 11, 2011, 10:33 PM
SO I know this is probably been discussed but I am overwhelmed. I just registered for the 2012 year, and the membership fee for USHJA was MORE than the USEF's!?!? Does anyone else see an issue with this?

mroades
Nov. 11, 2011, 10:35 PM
I just paid 220 for mine..due to judging licenses....ouch!

bjd2013
Nov. 11, 2011, 10:37 PM
$125 for me before my horse is a little outrageous! I'm not evening going to register with the VHSA so I can save the money. Oy.

Janet
Nov. 11, 2011, 10:45 PM
Have you looked at the membership fees for USEA and USDF?

DMK
Nov. 11, 2011, 11:13 PM
you know, we only know our little world, so that's a good point, Janet. What does it cost to be just a USEA or USDF full fledged member (adult, full membership)?

TrotTrotPumpkn
Nov. 11, 2011, 11:22 PM
1 year USDF adult membership is $75...I think that might even be an increase? Add on $55 for USEF = $130. Don't worry, almost a week at a h/j show costs more than a weekend at a dressage show ;)

You know every year I think about coughing up the money to do the lifetime USEF membership, but then I never do. I wonder how many people are lifetime members?

poltroon
Nov. 11, 2011, 11:33 PM
For dressage, I have to first be a member of the California Dressage Society, which is $70. This includes a group membership in USDF, sufficient to avoid fees at horse shows, but insufficient for awards. Full membership in USDF is $75.

When I lived in southern California, I also had to join DASC, which this year is $50.

USEA is $85.

MHM
Nov. 11, 2011, 11:42 PM
I wonder how many people are lifetime members?

I am.

I took the plunge 20+ years ago when the rates were about to go up, and I had just gotten a horse sold. I did the math at the time and figured out how long I had to live for it to work out financially, and I didn't even factor in the subsequent rate hikes. Plus they gave me a credit for the membership fee I had already paid for that year, so it was an even better deal. :lol:

Seal Harbor
Nov. 12, 2011, 05:01 AM
1 year USDF adult membership is $75...I think that might even be an increase? Add on $55 for USEF = $130. Don't worry, almost a week at a h/j show costs more than a weekend at a dressage show ;)

You know every year I think about coughing up the money to do the lifetime USEF membership, but then I never do. I wonder how many people are lifetime members?

I am. Have been a member since 1971, in 1991 membership was going up, so decided that would be my birthday present. I was also given a credit for 1990 membership since I upgraded before end of the membership year. I'm also a life member of the USHJA. Now I just pay for WSHJA annual membership and annual horse registration, which I did today and got a discount.

M. O'Connor
Nov. 12, 2011, 06:09 AM
I just paid 220 for mine..due to judging licenses....ouch!

Double that and then some for us...