PDA

View Full Version : Could you show in these in the AA hunter ring?

Lea
Nov. 11, 2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-35707&ids=605364637

findeight
Nov. 11, 2011, 02:58 PM
Nobody can see what's under the knee patches when you are on the horse. They won't help you stay on any better or keep your lower leg quieter anyway, despite the claims-and they are way less then subtle. Sort of shout "Hey look, I need stickies to stay on".

Don't care for the styling around the waist much and they'd have to be the right kind of a biege color-not that grey pictured. Otherwise, you can pretty much wear what you want-nobody cares IF you back it up with good trips.

Cindeye
Nov. 11, 2011, 02:59 PM
Just say no. Wrong color, wrong style for hunter land.

Lea
Nov. 11, 2011, 03:01 PM
THANKS - THEY sound nice . . . .

Cindeye
Nov. 11, 2011, 03:04 PM
Ah. So you asked for opinions but don't actually want them. Got it.

They look beautiful!

findeight
Nov. 11, 2011, 03:04 PM
The question was "could". Yeah you could. But "should" is a whole 'nother issue in Hunterland and you should not.

meupatdoes
Nov. 11, 2011, 03:28 PM
I would pick the brown color although it is pushing it in the darkness department.

That said, I would be more inclined to wipe the saddle down with Stuebben Hammanol -super grippy, invisible, and not $379.

Justice
Nov. 11, 2011, 03:48 PM
I have a couple pairs of Animo breeches and one has this system, although it's a different style - it's got a "gasp" button fly. I have won a couple big hacks in it. I don't think the judge thought I was going to fall off. I ordered a pair of these in the light brown and I'll let you know how I like them. You can't see the patches when you ride. The Animos fit great. Customer Service is beyond brilliant. I highly, highly recommend. I had a couple minor issues, and they fixed pronto and were so kind. Which, when you are laying down that kind of money, makes you not nervous about buying more. Some people love fashion forward show clothes. Some do not. I do. If you like them, buy them. People are wearing Animo at the big, A rated shows. Wellington, Lamplight, etc.

Whittyd34
Nov. 11, 2011, 03:55 PM
No, and theyre quite expensive. You can find an equally expensive pair that would be more suitable.

PNWjumper
Nov. 11, 2011, 04:20 PM
I agree with Justice. I will say that I'm not terribly qualified to speak to what you *should* wear in the hunter ring because I spend a very limited amount of time there, but in my brief forays over the years my clothes haven't seemed to impact my placings (or lack of).

But as an almost exclusively jumper ring rider, I can say that I own several pairs of Animo breeches and LOVE them! They're super comfy, breathe better than my TS and Ariats, wash well, and have a lot of really nice little details. I have a beige pair that look like "normal" breeches on a horse (despite the blingy pockets, lack of knee patches, etc), and two white pairs. None of mine have knee patches, which is surprisingly not noticeable (I don't care if you can see them or not, but I thought I might miss that little bit of extra grip). I would imagine that the grippies on the ones you posted might be a nice touch, though I can't imagine they would make a huge difference either way. Between my breeches and my Animo show coat (which is an all time favorite), I can say that I would not hesitate a second to clothe myself in their products head to toe. They are hands down my favorite show clothing.

My only warning would be that I would be wary of the small/medium/large sizing. I bought my first pair from a vendor at a horseshow and I'm glad that I tried them on because they definitely fit differently than comparable breeches. Mine are also all in italian sizing, but either way I think I would say that these are a good brand to try on before you buy.

Justice
Nov. 11, 2011, 10:59 PM
P.S. If you like the breeches, you should try the coats, especially if you live in an area where it tends to rain like I (unfortunately) do. Go visit the Animo tent at your next show and try things on. You have to touch the fabrics in person and see how they feel on to appreciate them - they're not just stylish - they're made for athletes and they're wash and wear. If you are showing at AA shows, you won't be out of place in Animo clothes. They are cut beautifully, and many trainers are wearing them. For goodness sakes, if Scott Stewart wears them, you can too.

ktm2007
Nov. 12, 2011, 05:01 PM
That said, I would be more inclined to wipe the saddle down with Stuebben Hammanol -super grippy, invisible, and not $379.

This made me giggle. I don't know why, must be in a funny mood :winkgrin:

Sarah Rachel
Nov. 12, 2011, 05:12 PM
There are much less expensive ways to get a tight leg, for example some hard work.

However, you could wear the tan ones in the hunters, but they're not going to be popular or fashionable. Instead spend that money on Tailored Sportsman or Pikeur-- much more accepted in the hunters.

Elementgrl2
Nov. 12, 2011, 05:53 PM
I find there sizing runs really funky. I wear a 28 in pikeurs and there 28 was skin tight on me then the next size up was huge in the waist. I know a few people have had trouble with those sticky patches peeling off.

stolen virtue
Nov. 12, 2011, 06:00 PM
I guess when I was doing hunters I did not want to be stuck on the saddle. If I wanted to be in a two point it was harder in full seat breeches. I don't understand wanting to stick to the saddle.

BAC
Nov. 12, 2011, 06:11 PM
I think that seam across the front of the thigh is so ugly, I wouldn't want to wear them, whether in the hunters or any other division. When I'm spending a lot of money I would rather it be on Pikeurs.

Donkerbruin
Nov. 12, 2011, 11:50 PM
Spend the money on a good pair of Tailored Sportsmans. I love riding with and seeing them in the hunter ring, especially at the AA shows.

Herbie19
Nov. 13, 2011, 11:00 AM
Spend the money on a good pair of Tailored Sportsmans. I love riding with and seeing them in the hunter ring, especially at the AA shows.

This. I can think of much better things to spend $379 on!