PDA

View Full Version : Coaches in Kingston, Ontario?

pryme_thyme
Nov. 10, 2011, 03:58 PM
Does any one know of any good h/j coaches in or around Kingston, Ontario?

I have been riding with a dressage coach for the past year and I just can't get myself into dressage. Plus, my young mare is much happier as a hunter but yet I feel like I have tried every h/j coach in the area without finding one that Teaches me something.
I always seem to get the "turn your horses head until you see the corner of her eye..." I am sorry but this isn't the basis of bending.

Help! Thank you!

canadianbacon
Nov. 10, 2011, 06:48 PM
I wonder if you had the same coach I took a lesson with a few years back... I was just getting back into riding after a few years off and the trial lesson I took with her was all about bending the horse at the 4th or 5th vertebrae. :lol:

How do you feel about heading a little outside Kingston? I know my old coach used to come to the city but she doesn't give lessons out of that barn anymore. My friend still lives in the area and I think she knows where she coaches out of now so I'll get the info from her this week and PM you...

I miss Kingston, it was a fun city. Have you been out to Wilton Tack yet? It's in Odessa, definitely worth the drive!

pryme_thyme
Nov. 10, 2011, 09:00 PM
I wonder if you had the same coach I took a lesson with a few years back... I was just getting back into riding after a few years off and the trial lesson I took with her was all about bending the horse at the 4th or 5th vertebrae. :lol:

How do you feel about heading a little outside Kingston? I know my old coach used to come to the city but she doesn't give lessons out of that barn anymore. My friend still lives in the area and I think she knows where she coaches out of now so I'll get the info from her this week and PM you...

I miss Kingston, it was a fun city. Have you been out to Wilton Tack yet? It's in Odessa, definitely worth the drive!

I live here at at Wilton tack on weekends :lol:

It is likely she is quite well known around K-town and is dang pricey, but so not worth it!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't have a trailer but I am moving to a boarding barn in Odessa who I have heard has another boarder who rides with Scott @ Gladstone. Hoping I might be able to hitch a ride or work something out.

Tuesday's Child
Nov. 12, 2011, 09:59 AM
I don't know any coaches in the area, but you could also try asking on themuckbucket.com if you haven't already (it's a Canadian BB so I'm sure someone there could make some suggestions!)

SSacky
Nov. 12, 2011, 01:27 PM
http://horseworld.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/374101642/m/4051012472?r=4051012472#4051012472

http://horseworld.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/374101642/m/9191005982?r=9231025982#9231025982

few more resources and if you search for kingston on that bb you'll find more :)

minor detail
Nov. 12, 2011, 05:18 PM
I ride in Kingston at Gladstone with Scott, I have been there for about 4 years now. It is a great place with a wonderful group of people, I would highly recommend it :)

You may have better luck posting on a Canadian board like Horseworld (mentioned above) or EMG www.equiman.com

There aren't a huge amount of options in Kingston so your best bet may be to just call places your interested in to find out who has openings and set up appointments to check places out... the wilton tack site has a great list of places in the area.

Best of luck finding the right fit for you.