PDA

View Full Version : Lessons in Florida

nlk
Nov. 10, 2011, 03:25 PM
Alright my parents moved to Winter Haven and we are visiting over winter break and also every other month or so.....

I would like to take advantage of the trainers that are down there and maybe set up lessons when I go to visit. Any suggestions?

RyuEquestrian
Nov. 10, 2011, 03:28 PM
What is your specialty: Jumpers, Hunters, Equitation and at what level do you ride?

cloudyandcallie
Nov. 10, 2011, 03:31 PM
Drive over to North Hammock Stables and take lessons from Robert Robold. He is great!

nlk
Nov. 10, 2011, 03:43 PM
What is your specialty: Jumpers, Hunters, Equitation and at what level do you ride?

I personally ride hunters but teach all of the above so wouldn't be opposed to riding with an equitation trainer or jumper trainer to work on things that I can use in my lessons. (I can pass for equitation just fine I don't have the hunter slouch etc!)

I am super comfortable 3' competent 3'6" and need work at 4' ( but can still do it!) I haven't had much time in the past years to ride with a trainer myself or personally show so I am working my way back up to being comfortable and competent at 4'+ ( 2 kids will do that to you!) I am finally at a point again in my life that I can focus on my own riding which of course helps all my students.

I am loving being able to take lesson again!

Zipsmom
Nov. 10, 2011, 03:59 PM
Don't know if this fits your needs but Ridge point Stables is close to Winter Haven.

http://www.ridgepointstables.com/index.html

kporkchop
Nov. 11, 2011, 04:14 PM
If you are willing to drive north, I tried some horses as Kim Burnette and Dennis Mitchell's Kimberden in Ocala. I was made to feel as competent over my 2'6 jumps as the people over the grand prix jumps...they do hunter/jumper/eq....

Platinum Equestrian
Nov. 12, 2011, 01:01 PM
Ocala is no where close to Winter Haven... just FYI.

Ridge Point is probably the closest to the area unless you're willing to go east to toward Orlando or west toward Tampa...