PDA

View Full Version : Barns near Mt. Pleasant, SC

horseloversmom
Nov. 10, 2011, 09:34 AM
I live in Mt. Pleasant and recently found a barn called Silver Screen Stables in the back of Pepper Plantation in Awendaw, SC. Does anyone know anything about this facility or the trainer there? Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Trevelyan96
Nov. 10, 2011, 02:17 PM
I know the trainer, she rode Trav to a local year end green hunter championship in his first year. Exellent rider and teacher. I haven't seen her since she relocated to SC, but would welcome her with open arms in my barn again any time.

ETA: Looked at her website. My horse is the bay being ridden on the flat. And she also has very high standards and will take wonderful care of your horses!

horseloversmom
Nov. 17, 2011, 10:35 AM
Thank you for very much for the information. She seemed very nice and knowledgeable.

Trevelyan96
Nov. 17, 2011, 03:10 PM
She's really good with greenies, and a good teacher too.

Horsemom1290
Dec. 8, 2012, 03:18 PM
I would highly recommend you stay far far away from this barn. You can walk into any of our local tack shops or feed stores and they will tell you the same thing. I recently left because the feed room was always locked( you weren't able to see what your horse was being fed), my horse in a dirt pasture while the barn manager's horse was on grass, and she basically wasn't feeding my horse. After a considerable amount of weight loss, and bringing out my own food, I decided it was time to move on!!

bluribbon17
Dec. 13, 2012, 08:58 PM
RUN as fast as you can away from this place. I have too many horror stories to name, including the horses not being fed and stalls not being mucked for days at a time. Like horsemom said, ask anyone in the area and they will tell you the same. There are many other great options in this area. PM me if you want suggestions.

polywog123
Mar. 9, 2013, 07:37 AM
RUN as fast as you can away from this place. I have too many horror stories to name, including the horses not being fed and stalls not being mucked for days at a time. Like horsemom said, ask anyone in the area and they will tell you the same. There are many other great options in this area. PM me if you want suggestions.

The owner is insane! She should be thrown in jail for the way she treats horses! She starves them!! Mary Hart is a drug addict and blows all the board money on her habit. So awful! No wonder why she can't keep any boarders! The couple of boarders she does have are stupid, and don't know anything about horse care. I feel so sorry for the horses there!!!

polywog123
Mar. 9, 2013, 07:51 AM
Stay away!!!!!!