PDA

View Full Version : Beval Loose Ring Bit

bjd2013
Nov. 10, 2011, 12:14 AM
Does anyone have any experience with this bit? I've seen it, and was wondering if anyone liked, and what it helped their horse with. Thanks in advance!

Frivian
Nov. 10, 2011, 12:52 PM
Are you talking about this: http://www.smartpakequine.com/korsteel-beval-loose-ring-snaffle-7990p.aspx

If so, I bought this bit for my guy to use when we are riding out of the ring (I did a hunter pace in Sept. and I occasionally like to go out and have a gallop in the field). I use it with two reins. There is definitely more control for me, but my horse goes very well in a smooth double jointed snaffle when in the ring.

FLeventer
Nov. 10, 2011, 12:55 PM
I use this bit on XC and in stadium rounds at the event if he is being fresh. I use a plain happy mouth for schooling him. I would never use this bit full time, but it is a nice bit to have for a horse that needs a little leverage when he gets strong.

bjd2013
Nov. 10, 2011, 02:59 PM
Okay thanks! I just recently put my guy in a 3 ring elevator, and was wondering if this was similar.

Kikki
Nov. 11, 2011, 12:06 AM
It has a similar action to the 3 ring. I really like the bit - I use it on my 5 year old some to encourage roundness and proper flexion in his neck and topline. Its got a decent gag effect but doesn't have all the leverage of the 3 ring.