PDA

View Full Version : Farm is Official Business

HighJumper66
Nov. 9, 2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks for everyone's advise. Met with an accountant and consulted a lawyer...everything is just about complete for making the farm an official business. I just got a few new horses in, and already have people interested in two of the three. I am considering doing something I never do with the third...keeping him! He's off the track and moves and behaves like a schoolmaster. Anyway, has anyone seen their businesses picking up lately? I've talked to a few people who have seen improvement with people buying more, racing more, taking more lessons, you name it. Fingers crossed everyone!

hntrjmprpro45
Nov. 9, 2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks for everyone's advise. Met with an accountant and consulted a lawyer...everything is just about complete for making the farm an official business. I just got a few new horses in, and already have people interested in two of the three. I am considering doing something I never do with the third...keeping him! He's off the track and moves and behaves like a schoolmaster. Anyway, has anyone seen their businesses picking up lately? I've talked to a few people who have seen improvement with people buying more, racing more, taking more lessons, you name it. Fingers crossed everyone!

Congratulations!

For us, boarding has gone down- normally we have a wait list but currently we have one open spot and not many phone calls/queries. But lessons are through the roof! I have doubled my clientele in the last 9 months (partly because we changed our advertising) and typically have around 30 hours a week. Things will probably slow down a bit in the next month or so then take off again by feb/mar due to weather.

As far as sales go, things are still not great but I think they are slowly rebounding.