PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lamaze to ride tonight at the Royal Winter Fair

Guin
Nov. 8, 2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/%C3%89ric-Lamaze/28517926206
This is Eric's Facebook admin...." Great News" Eric will be riding this evening at The Royal Winter Fair CSI 4*W in Toronto. Good Luck Buddy.

Here's the link to the live feed:

http://www.todocast.tv/rmpictures/royalfair2011free/

jen-s
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:02 PM
Can't imagine the emotions he must be feeling, but I commend him for carrying on as best as possible.

ballisticgirl
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:12 PM
Does anyone know what the feed bag looking black mask was over Mario Deslauriers ride, Cella is? Never seen anything like it?

SMNG
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:17 PM
Love the standing ovation and tons of cheers as Eric walked into the ring!!

Guin
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:18 PM
Nice job, Eric.

SSacky
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:18 PM
Beautiful performance, but I can't imagine what's going through his mind right now.

FalseImpression
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:19 PM
Nice job Eric... calm, composed, perfect ride. Slow to give this new horse a good and positive experience.
Great standing ovation, but no real acknowledgement from Eric. I bet he was pretty emotional though.

Dare1
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:20 PM
Standing ovation brought tears to my eyes.
2 time faults but a clear round. nice job.

Guin
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:21 PM
Nice to see that even Leslie Underhill's horse spooks at things.

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:22 PM
gorgeous, exact, soft ride!! a real lesson!

FalseImpression
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:24 PM

Leslie Howard?

willowoodstables
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:25 PM
True grit..and smart ride..and I was sobbing during the ovation...hats off to you Eric!

sansibar
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:26 PM
Standing ovation brought tears to my eyes.
2 time faults but a clear round. nice job.

Me too!
I am so impressed with how composed Eric was, considering everything that has happened.

Dewey
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:28 PM
Saw him--he received a very warm ovation from the crowd and gave a kind ride to that green horse. Was nice to see.

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:29 PM
True grit..and smart ride..and I was sobbing during the ovation...hats off to you Eric!

Man, glad I wasn't the only one!!

willowoodstables
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:36 PM
Leslie Howard?

Beth Underhill??

Jolie_
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:38 PM
Man, glad I wasn't the only one!!

I am a third as well....

Was thinking what a mental test that would be.

FalseImpression
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:38 PM
No it was Leslie's horse that spooked at a red light.

M. O'Connor
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:51 PM

Beth Underhill...Leslie (Burr) Howard.

willowoodstables
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:52 PM
No it was Leslie's horse that spooked at a red light.

Gotcha..thanx my internet feed was kacking out

Denzel
Nov. 8, 2011, 11:30 PM
Does anyone know what the feed bag looking black mask was over Mario Deslauriers ride, Cella is? Never seen anything like it?

He used that at Spruce in the summer as well, it's a nose net that is used to keep bugs out of their nose, but being that he is using it indoors too, I'm thinking the mare possibly has a head-shaking issue? I've seen a nose net help with that issue in several horses...

Back on topic, I can't imagine how tough that must have been for Eric, glad to hear that the spectators gave him lots of support!

rwh
Nov. 8, 2011, 11:35 PM
He used that at Spruce in the summer as well, it's a nose net that is used to keep bugs out of their nose, but being that he is using it indoors too, I'm thinking the mare possibly has a head-shaking issue? I've seen a nose net help with that issue in several horses...

Back on topic, I can't imagine how tough that must have been for Eric, glad to hear that the spectators gave him lots of support!

They talk about Cella's nose net in this article:
http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/cella-strikes-winning-note-40000-big-jump-pennsylvania-national

FalseImpression
Nov. 9, 2011, 12:54 AM
and the Royal keeps changing their info. Now they say this

"Organizers of the Royal Horse Show have planned a video tribute to Lamaze and Hickstead which will be broadcast in a brief memorial tomorrow evening at approximately 8:30pm, immediately prior to the $100,000 FEI World Cup Grand Prix, in which Lamaze will be competing. Fans are also invited to sign a book of condolences which is being placed in the Heritage Court area of the Ricoh Coliseum"

Guin
Nov. 9, 2011, 07:28 AM
Leslie Howard?

Oy! Was doing too many things at once! Got Underhill/Howard mixed up. :o