PDA

View Full Version : Custom half chaps

Foundgreenergrass
Nov. 8, 2011, 12:48 AM
Quick question: I ride in the leather tredstep halfchaps and ride 4 days a week about. I like them, nothing too fancy the snaps always go first on every pair I have had. They usually last about a year until I feel like its time to get a new pair. I have been considering investing in a pair of custom half chaps. What has everyones experience been with these? Also who does the best work. I live in the chicagoland area and was wonderi ng if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with customs?

ballisticgirl
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:07 AM
These are IMO the industry gold standard.....

http://pinnellcustomleather.com/

Have ordered custom half chaps through dover in the recent past to save money and very poor quality and fit. Want to add that dover agreed with my concerns and offered the refund. : ) Love dover for that.

BAC
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:10 AM
Pinnell is the best, all of his stuff is stunning.

Giddy-up
Nov. 8, 2011, 10:21 AM
I have Pinnell half chaps from May 2004 that I have really used. They finally started showing some wear around the edges. The elastic is shot, but the leather is in great shape. Very good quality. I have locally replaced the elastic strap under my foot twice, but no big deal.

I have the simple plain basic black with nothing extra. I thought about getting a new pair this summer & when I contacted Pinnell I was told $500 so for now I am holding off. :lol:

bjd2013
Nov. 8, 2011, 12:05 PM
Pinnell Half Chaps are beautiful. Mr. Pinnell himself is a very nice man too! My friends have their half chaps and if a zipper ever breaks or something he fixes it for them free of charge no problem too!

shoponee70
Nov. 8, 2011, 12:09 PM
Pinnells are awesome :) I've also seen some by Larocque that are really nice as well. Journeyman up in virginia makes nice chaps as well :)

SMNG
Nov. 8, 2011, 03:41 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE my Chuck Pinnell half chaps. I ordered them at Harrisburg in 2006 and they still are in great shape, and I can bet they will probably still be in great shape in another 5 years. They were pretty pricey, but when you add up the cost of buying new half chaps every year and compare it to how long these ones last, it is a good investment in my opinion :)

If you are in the Chicagoland area, I know that Ann Hubbards tack shop used to do measurements and orders for Pinnell chaps... I am not sure if they still do or not, but it is worth a call since Chuck has a pretty selective schedule of horse shows.

KayPink
Nov. 8, 2011, 04:52 PM
I looooove my Pinnells! If you do a search I've posted pictures of them in the past... too lazy to repost them now haha. I got married so my initials changed and he swapped out the monogram on them for me! Love Pinnell!! So worth the money!

benton
Nov. 8, 2011, 04:54 PM
Pinnell ROCKS!! Go for it- you won't be disapointed!

Indy
Nov. 9, 2011, 09:44 AM
I have a pair of Journeymans that I really love. They're not as fancy as the ones from Pinnell (which are beautiful, definitely the gold standard) but they were also significantly cheaper.