PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Grasso boots

Justice
Nov. 7, 2011, 01:44 PM
I prefer the higher Spanish cut of the Imperia field boot to the Bergamo, but I am worried that the snap zipper cover is inappropriate for the hunters. Can someone speak to this? If it is out there in anyway I guess I will have to go with the Bergamos. Does anyone have these boots? If so, what are your thoughts?

I can fit into them off the rack in their junior sizing, which is pretty exciting, as my Mountain Horse Supreme replacements seem to be somehow shorter than the last pair, and it bugs me that the sole is glued on.

Addison
Nov. 7, 2011, 07:20 PM
It is not a problem to have the snap cover on the zipper. It is not even noticeable when you are in the saddle.

westie55
Nov. 7, 2011, 07:35 PM
I have seen many people wearing Imperias in the hunter ring. I don't see a problem with it :)

ballisticgirl
Nov. 7, 2011, 08:07 PM
I saw several in the Maclay ring with the snap cover in Kentucky.

shoponee70
Nov. 8, 2011, 12:43 PM
I saw these over in Conyers at the Farm House mobile unit, these boots are super nice, and totally appropriate for the hunter ring. Like stated above, you don't even notice the snap cover when your in the irons. I think they might sell them on there website too - farmhousetack.com

bjd2013
Nov. 8, 2011, 01:03 PM
I don't have the Sergio's with the snap cover, but I think they look fine for the hunters! I just really wanted to say how much I LOVE Sergio Grasso boots! They are AH-mazing!

HorseLuvr
Nov. 8, 2011, 01:11 PM
I love my Sergio Grasso boots also!!! Fit wonderfully and mold to your leg!

benton
Nov. 9, 2011, 04:05 PM
If the Imperia's fit and you really like them- Why not? I'm in agreement with everyone else- it's not that noticable and is fine for the hunter ring.

Just an FYI: Ariat's Round Toe Monaco Field Boots also have the snap cover on the zipper. You won't be alone :o)

Go for it!

shoponee70
Nov. 9, 2011, 04:25 PM
It's pretty common in the higher end boots these days to do that. I kind of like that the sergios put the spur rest on the snap cover too. http://www.farmhousetack.com/servlet/the-1634/Sergio-Grasso-Imperia-Field/Detail

Justice
Nov. 14, 2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks, guys! I drove to the tack store to get fitted today, but they don't do custom feet and I'm between sizes. Boo hoo for me!

TotB
Nov. 14, 2011, 07:40 PM
Ask your tack store for the Sergio Grasso insoles. They fix the half size problem :)

Justice
Nov. 15, 2011, 12:40 PM
They were all over that, but still too long. And since I was doing a custom leg, I really needed the foot to fit. It's okay, I got measured for custom Konigs. I am working on customizing them with some hunterific bling. I was going to copy LucassB with her croc trim but in the end I couldn't sleep stealing her swank idea, so those Germans are going to make me my very own one-of-a-kind diva boots. Hopefully they will steer the horse and find distances, and then I will really have something.

DarkStarrx
Apr. 5, 2012, 12:26 PM
Really, 3 old threads...

lachevaline
Apr. 5, 2012, 04:56 PM
Really, 3 old threads...

I think that spammer posted in every old "Sergio Grasso" thread :rolleyes:

ALLIGORY
Apr. 5, 2012, 08:29 PM
Hopefully they will steer the horse and find distances, and then I will really have something.

You are seriously funny ! I thought that you were making a switch to the jumper ring ? Not that you won't wear your fine fashion sense there, just saying.
C.C. from CA. ;) ah, now I see that the thread is old .

Justice
Apr. 8, 2012, 06:06 PM
I ended up ordering perfect hunter princess customs from another brand that didn't come in on time, and I still don't have. They will work for the jumpers. I had to get something at the show so I bought Voltaire's. Beautiful, but half a size too small, and sitting in Cali awaiting a ride home with the Contessa. I am crazy!

Lucassb
Apr. 8, 2012, 06:30 PM
I ended up ordering perfect hunter princess customs from another brand that didn't come in on time, and I still don't have. They will work for the jumpers. I had to get something at the show so I bought Voltaire's. Beautiful, but half a size too small, and sitting in Cali awaiting a ride home with the Contessa. I am crazy!

Oh no!!! You should have called me, I would have lent you a pair!!!