PDA

View Full Version : The Royal!

karlymacrae
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:08 AM
Alright Canadians.. let's do this.

Who are you all rooting for in the CET? Jump Canada? Derby? What about everything else? Any COTHers competing?

Live feed: http://www.todocast.tv/rmpictures/royalfair2011free/

Schedule: http://www.royalfair.org/horseshow/WebcastScheduleHorseShowDairyShows2011.pdf

*andi*
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:13 AM
My coach is out there for a girl from my barn - she qualified for the Jump Canada and CET

pm59
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:32 AM
Not even sure who is riding but I will say that I LOVE the Royal!! As a kid my parents took us every year, they are some of my best family vacation memories!! Good Luck to everyone!!!

SarahandSam
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:50 AM
A group from my barn went up yesterday to cheer on a pony we used to have... he won the large pony hunters. I wish I could've gone, I hate that Toronto's so close to Buffalo but I've never been to the Royal. Stupid work.

Top Knot
Nov. 5, 2011, 09:55 AM
Yes I love it!

todshow
Nov. 5, 2011, 07:39 PM
Hearing The National courses are really hard this year at least for the Jr's. How is the judgeing?

FalseImpression
Nov. 5, 2011, 11:48 PM
I was rooting for Yann Candele because he is French, recently got his Canadian citizenship... and for the second year in a row, he is Canadian Champion!!! The competition was tight and the course was really difficult.

The indoor eventing was not really that impressive. It looked like the riders were out of control and there were hardly any clear rounds. I don't even remember one!

I love watching the drafts (Clydes) in the stable area. I am going on Wednesday!!

Across Sicily
Nov. 6, 2011, 01:58 AM
I thought the indoor eventing was great! It's super fun to have it and it's EXCITING. There were clear rounds, some were very fast... in fact MARK TODD who was kind enough to grace us with his presence was clear tonight and in grand style.

The Canadian Championships tonight were absolutely fabulous! Some really great competition and certainly a tough course.

I can't wait til a bit later in the week for the international jumpers. Eric Lamaze is finally coming back to the Royal!! So excited to see him in person!

Shopping's been good so far... have already bought too many things, though they were all (save for one item) necessary. Now have until Wednesday to craft another shopping list...

SquishTheBunny
Nov. 6, 2011, 01:37 AM
Our barn has a couple pony stallions going for the sport and welsh pony classes.

Unfortunatley not going again this year - I always spend at least $100 in food - and my budget and belly just cant take it this year!

karlymacrae
Nov. 6, 2011, 02:34 AM
I'm very jealous of those watching in person! I have set alarms on my phone for the classes I'm interested in watching, so if it comes up and I have some free time I can watch. Really hoping to catch the CET.

I also have a question, does EST have to fall back an hour tonight (daylight savings)? I think I might have to adjust my alarms, because if not, that means we're 4 hours behind instead of 3..

Jive
Nov. 6, 2011, 08:59 AM
Yes, we turned the clocks back.

I'm going down wed and sat. Hoping to catch the flat and gymnastics phase of the CET.

Had a hard time with the live feed being very choppy and can't watch for more then a few mins at a time without getting a headache.

FalseImpression
Nov. 6, 2011, 12:07 PM
I am wondering if Eric will come now. I would not blame him at all for passing... I feel so terrible for him.

mikali
Nov. 7, 2011, 11:17 AM
I am wondering if Eric will come now. I would not blame him at all for passing... I feel so terrible for him.

It is my understanding that Eric will still be coming to the Royal. I believe that he is going to be riding in 3 of the International classes (Wed, Fri and Sat night).

Quinn
Nov. 7, 2011, 11:26 AM
Heading to Toronto on Saturday for the "Big Ben Challenge." Tradition for us. Love The Royal.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

sisu27
Nov. 7, 2011, 11:48 AM
I was rooting for Yann Candele because he is French, recently got his Canadian citizenship... and for the second year in a row, he is Canadian Champion!!! The competition was tight and the course was really difficult.

The indoor eventing was not really that impressive. It looked like the riders were out of control and there were hardly any clear rounds. I don't even remember one!

I love watching the drafts (Clydes) in the stable area. I am going on Wednesday!!

Well Ian Roberts rode a lovely clear Friday night and Mark Todd did as well on Saturday night. It is a speed class (table c) with event horses that are not used to jumping solid and fences that fall down in one fast round in an environment that few of them have ever experienced. So...I thought the riding was very good this year.

I saw scarier riding in the Rising Stars (or talent squad or whatever they call it now) on Friday night.

Overall so far the classes have been very good. The course designers have done a great job and I have seen a lot of wonderful horses and great riding.

Excited for World Cup night Wednesday and the Big Ben on Saturday!

up2nwider
Nov. 7, 2011, 03:06 PM
I'll be there with a 3 yr old dutchie stallion doing the Cup Class. Been a big year prepping him for this and will be an honour just to compete down there again. Had a pony qualified for the sport ponies who sadly grew over 14.2 about a month ago. Boo

pryme_thyme
Nov. 7, 2011, 03:23 PM
Our barn has a couple pony stallions going for the sport and welsh pony classes.

Unfortunatley not going again this year - I always spend at least $100 in food - and my budget and belly just cant take it this year!

This! Deep fried doughnuts, the fudge and the $10 slice pizza.
Ahh... so yummy.

Leprechaun
Nov. 7, 2011, 06:12 PM
"Well Ian Roberts rode a lovely clear Friday night and Mark Todd did as well on Saturday night. It is a speed class (table c) with event horses that are not used to jumping solid and fences that fall down in one fast round in an environment that few of them have ever experienced. So...I thought the riding was very good this year."

Totally agreed. The event horses are completely un-used to that environment and it's meant to be fun. The riders love it, the crowds love it, and the horses are picked for their ability to deal with this environment. It's not meant to be huge or an equitation class, just fun. Go Eventing!

karlymacrae
Nov. 9, 2011, 10:00 PM
Eric put in another conservative round tonight.. one time fault and a rail down. It's lovely to see the riders wearing their Hickstead armbands.

T-storm chick
Nov. 9, 2011, 10:28 PM
Anybody hear anything about Beth Underhill? They said they would update, but then never said anything....Hope she is OK!
(Fell in the World Cup qualifier.)

karlymacrae
Nov. 10, 2011, 12:02 AM
Gymnastic phase for anyone who wants to watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuPwXPgDhoU&feature=feedu

RainyDayRide
Nov. 10, 2011, 12:19 AM
Anybody hear anything about Beth Underhill? They said they would update, but then never said anything....Hope she is OK!
(Fell in the World Cup qualifier.)

From the Royal FB page

Royal Winter Fair Horse Show (http://www.facebook.com/royalfair)
Beth Underhill has been taken to hospital for precautionary measures. We will keep everyone updated with her progress. Thank you kindly for your concern.

http://www.facebook.com/royalfair