PDA

View Full Version : Lexington Hotel Recommendations?

Jumper_girl221
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:35 PM
Going to the VA horse center for the TB Celebration show in two weeks...and was wondering if anyone here had hotel recommendations (preferably not $150/night!).

I've been watching on Expedia, but waiting on friends to figure out their plans, and now they are starting to fill quickly!

Anyone stayed at the Super 8 and the Economy Hotel? I'll admit the reviews have me scared.

I don't mind ponying up the extra cash if I have to...but its a shame since I'll "hopefully' be spending most of my time watching the show!

Thanks!

monalisa
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:37 PM
I'd recommend the Days Inn. For the money you can't beat it and you won't be spending much time there anyway.

Jumper_girl221
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:44 PM
Booked up :/ at least the close one is! the other looks to be 15-20 minutes away

Days Inn Shenandoah Valley
2.0 Stars
3.6 out of 5
11 reviews
Raphine | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 12.79 mi / 20.58 km

Jumper_girl221
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:52 PM
The hotels that are "booked"

Days Inn Lexington North Lee Highway
2.0 Stars
3.4 out of 5
15 reviews
Lexington | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 3.61 mi / 5.81 km

Howard Johnson Inn - Lexington Virginia
2.0 Stars
3.4 out of 5
41 reviews
Lexington | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 3.60 mi / 5.79 km

Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 Stars
Lexington | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 3.57 mi / 5.74 km

Sleep Inn & Suites
2.0 Stars
3.7 out of 5
6 reviews
Lexington | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 0.59 mi / 0.95 km
1-866-608-6760

Hampton Inn Lexington Historic Area
4.0 out of 5
Lexington | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 1.94 mi / 3.12 km

Wingate by Wyndham Lexington
2.0 Stars
4.4 out of 5
12 reviews
Lexington | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 0.71 mi / 1.14 km

AVAILABLE under $100

2.0 Stars
3.6 out of 5
11 reviews
Raphine | Map

Lexington VA Days Inn $85
2.0 Stars
2.8 out of 5
20 reviews
Lexington | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 2.10 mi / 3.38 km

Super 8 Lexington Va $80
2.0 Stars
3.0 out of 5
9 reviews
Lexington | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 0.74 mi / 1.19 km

Economy Inn $75
3.6 out of 5
8 reviews
Lexington | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 0.59 mi / 0.95 km

Or should I "splurge" and get this one? at $150

Bw Plus Inn At Hunt Ridge
4.5 out of 5
Lexington | Map
Distance from address/landmark: 0.36 mi / 0.58 km

I'm dragging my sisters with me to help...so sharing isn't an option.

mustangsal85
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:57 PM
I stay at the Sleep Inn on Plaudit Pl (about 10 min from KHP) for Rolex every year. It's a little bit more (maybe $90-120 a night depending) but they are dog friendly yet still CLEAN and close to food and gas, etc.

SunkenMeadow
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:26 PM
I am ashamed to admit that I have stayed at both of those dives. They are bad, but tolerable. beings we used to go there frequently and had dogs with us, we tolerated it, just brought our own bedding.

cswoodlandfairy
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:37 PM
I got my room at the Best Western fo $80 a night but I did have to pay for it right away without being able to cancel. That was about 2 -3 mths ago. There is some big event at VMI that weekend hence all the rooms booked.

Best Western is servicable and between the show and such Im not relaly there enough to care but it is the closest. The Wyndam is really nice, typically where I stay when not pricey, but I also bring dogs so I have to find pup friendly locations.

Best of luck. Ive stayed in the area a lot so if you have any questions please PM me.

Mayaty02
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:46 PM
I know someone who just released a room at the Wingate today... so you may be able to get a room there.

Ben and Me
Nov. 3, 2011, 02:34 PM
I went to W&L so I (or my parents) have stayed at most of the hotels in Lexington....

IMHO in order of quality:

House Mountain Inn > Hampton Inn - Historic Lexington > Sleep Inn

The rest are all pretty similar, with perhaps the Holiday Inn Express on 11 being a little nicer. I'd imagine that the Wingate would also be nice.

I stayed at the Best Western Hunt Ridge a month ago and was pretty disappointed. I remembered it being pretty nice when I stayed there 2-3 years ago, but was seriously, seriously concerned about bed bugs last month (but am pleased to report that I didn't experience any!). It probably doesn't help that they now allow dogs in all of their rooms. It is REALLY close to the Horse Center though, and is a popular choice with the horse show crowd.

There also used to be a Country Inn and Suites on 11, across from Applebees. Is that still there? I've stayed there -- it was pretty nice.

I think that the Economy Inn (if that is the hotel right on the on-ramp for I-64) was under construction my entire senior year for major renovations... and so might be pretty nice now!

The Days Inn is in Raphine, which is a bit of a hike up 81...and right on the interstate (and near a major truck stop). I foal sat at an equine clinic out that way and was a little sketched out by all the trucks parked nearby overnight, FYI.

KnKShowmom
Nov. 3, 2011, 02:42 PM
We usually stay at the Sleep Inn but you have to book your rooms in advance because they go quickly.

Stayed at the BW Hunt Ridge about 5 years ago - it was ok but haven't been back since. We also stayed at the Holiday Inn on Rt 11 north of Lexington one year when everything else was booked and they were running a special, but again, ok and haven't been back.

If VMI has an even you will probably end up outside of town if you haven't booked a room yet - good luck!

2bayboys
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm a VMI parent and we have discovered that we must book well in advance!!!

Super 8 - Very nice front desk management and one of the most disgusting rooms I have ever stayed in. Truly. Avoid it if you can.

Howard Johnsons - Older hotel but clean, huge room and great service. Front desk gave us a discount when we checked in even though we didn't technically qualify. Will definitely go back.

Economy - Stayed there before it got renovated and it was fine and cheap, would stay there again if I had to.

Holiday Inn Express - Nice room but so overpriced and front desk was not helpful at all. Will not go back there.

Jumper_girl221
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks everyone! Told friends we need to make up our minds ASAP, supposed to have an answer by tonight :)

Keep the recommendations/suggestions coming!!!

Got all excited about the Howard Johnson...but *sigh* its booked.

wishnwell
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:48 PM
Sent you a PM

TravelIndia
Nov. 5, 2011, 02:46 AM
Booked up :/ at least the close one is! the other looks to be 15-20 minutes away

2.0 Stars
3.6 out of 5
11 reviews
Raphine | Map