PDA

View Full Version : Pony Lane Farm

mbhorse
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:36 AM
Can anyone share the background on how the Thatchers/Pony Lane Farm, operating out of Utah, has acquired such a lovely and diverse stable of horses?

refresh
Nov. 3, 2011, 08:06 AM
I used to ride against the older daughter (Kelsey) as a child in the Southwest (CO, AZ). She had a gorgeous medium pony named Frankly My Dear that was 'back east' quality even then. At some point a few years ago they decided to train with the Jaynes and have since bought an unbelievable volume of extremely nice hunters, jumpers and eq horses, including stallions. They have somewhere around 40 horses registered with USEF :eek: Guess that's what it takes to become 'someone' at the big shows

southernbell
Nov. 3, 2011, 08:18 AM
Can anyone share the background on how the Thatchers/Pony Lane Farm, operating out of Utah, has acquired such a lovely and diverse stable of horses?

$$$$$$

dp1092
Nov. 3, 2011, 02:08 PM
$$$$$$

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: Perfect answer

FineAlready
Nov. 3, 2011, 02:45 PM
$$$$$$

Correct. I guess I'm not sure I understand the question. It is not as though they went searching for diamonds in the rough and acquired their horses out of muddy backyards where they were standing around next to some old lawn mowers.

They bought a lot of expensive horses and ended up with a barn full of expensive horses.

smokygirl
Nov. 3, 2011, 02:48 PM
They paid money and purchased them.

Serah
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:30 PM
Not only $ but they have very educated horsemen shopping for them with connections to some of the nicest horses all over the world.

mbhorse
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:54 PM
Obviously it took $$$, and lots of it. I was wondering more about the family/farm's background. Do they have a long history with horses, did it start with their daughters riding (who were fortunate enough to have significant family money from somewhere), where does that family money come from, etc.