PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to adopt this cute pony :)

sschuessler
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:12 PM
Found this on craigslist today.... Looks like a sweetheart :) (I don't know this pony or the owner)

Anyone need a pony??

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/grd/2680743398.html

Brooke
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:24 PM
Cute little thing. What's up with her (his? I've forgotten alaready) near hind? I can't get a clear picture on my computer.

sschuessler
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:45 PM
I can't really tell from the picture. I just fell for that little face but I don't need a pony...nor would I fit on one her size

S1969
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:22 AM
Well, damn, why don't those things ever show up in my Craigslist? I am looking for something like this.....although hesitating between a mini or a pony....I don't need another riding horse unless it's perfect. Sort of a long trip to make to find out what "She is well natured as long as you give her the love she needs" means.....

Hmm...hope she finds a perfect home.

Mayaty02
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:31 AM
Well, damn, why don't those things ever show up in my Craigslist? I am looking for something like this.....although hesitating between a mini or a pony....I don't need another riding horse unless it's perfect. Sort of a long trip to make to find out what "She is well natured as long as you give her the love she needs" means.....

^^^isn't it in Buffalo? that's not TOOO Far from you ;)

S1969
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:51 AM
^^^isn't it in Buffalo? that's not TOOO Far from you ;)

Five hours......... :( Long way to go in case it's not a perfect pony....(not to mention I have two minis I'm looking at right now........)

Mayaty02
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:06 AM
You don't want a mini....you want a pony. :cool:

Anselcat
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:17 PM
I think it is a ball of grayish hair in front off the near hind hoof that is making her foot look wonky. Lots of fluff on the floor, looks like they curried all the wooly off of her for the pic.

Hope she finds a good home, she could be a real gem!

InWhyCee Redux
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:33 PM
Sort of a long trip to make to find out what "She is well natured as long as you give her the love she needs" means.....

What does that mean? It means she is a pony and a mare — and that you need to go and see her! ;)

smokygirl
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:37 PM

It means, being a pony mare, that as long as you remember she is the Queen, and you bring many carrots and sugar cubes as an offering to her royal awesome-ness, that you are good lol.

sschuessler
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:50 PM
Five hours......... :( Long way to go in case it's not a perfect pony....(not to mention I have two minis I'm looking at right now........)

I will volunteer to go see her and bring a munchkin with me to try her out too if you would like :)

Let the enabling begin.

S1969
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:30 PM
Oy, you guys are killing me! :winkgrin::lol:;)

The minis were supposed to keep me from buying another horse or pony that needs to be ridden.

I wonder how big she is........ :uhoh:

(If I delay long enough she will be gone.....) ;)

Mayaty02
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:31 PM
trust me, no minis! they are escape artists... and your little one needs a pony to ride ;)

S1969
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:45 PM
Enabler. :yes:

Well, I've been blown off by one mini owner, and haven't heard back from the other yet.....so nothing happening too fast on that front anyway.

Most of ads for minis in my area look like this: Looking for good home for mini stud and younger mare, possibly bred.

Haha, really? Only "possibly" bred? She's in with a stallion, of course she's pregnant! :no::(:mad:

But the pony ads say things like: Pony for sale. $500 or best offer. Has been broken but hasn't been ridden in a while. Needs refresher. Not for beginners.

Maybe I should just put the lawnmower in that empty stall for the winter again. :lol:

Mayaty02
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:55 PM
(chanting) pony.... pony....pony.... or at least mini-donk.... mini-donk...mini-donk :D

2bayboys
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:55 PM
Maybe I should just put the lawnmower in that empty stall for the winter again. :lol:

Oooooooohhhhhhhhh. You have empty stall disease. I completely understand. My DH says the next time he builds me a barn it will only have two stalls. :D

SunkenMeadow
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:59 PM
Empty Stall Syndrome is the Worst!

smokygirl
Nov. 3, 2011, 04:07 PM
Enabler. :yes:

Well, I've been blown off by one mini owner, and haven't heard back from the other yet.....so nothing happening too fast on that front anyway.

Most of ads for minis in my area look like this: Looking for good home for mini stud and younger mare, possibly bred.

Haha, really? Only "possibly" bred? She's in with a stallion, of course she's pregnant! :no::(:mad:

But the pony ads say things like: Pony for sale. $500 or best offer. Has been broken but hasn't been ridden in a while. Needs refresher. Not for beginners.

Nah.. best is the Broodmares who are possibly bred, out with the stud all season.. but then upon talking you find out she hasn't ever foaled or gotten in foal. But she's a broodmare/prospect bc she was never broke to ride lol.

danceronice
Nov. 3, 2011, 04:15 PM
You KNOW you want sscheussler up on the offer...you NEED a pony. Minis are not ponies. Only ponies are ponies. And you need one...this one needs a home...

(I agree, that looks like fuzz or something stuck to the front of her left hind.)

Kryswyn
Nov. 3, 2011, 06:52 PM
If you want minis with no questions asked, go on Facebook and search Camelot Horse Weekly. There "Available 11-2" folder has 3 adorable mini's on them and they are so cheap! Plus, you'd be saving them from possible slaughter.

Picturesque
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:30 PM
Luckily for minis, as far as I have been informed by slaughter buyers, little ponies (under 600 lbs) and minis are not purchased/sold for slaughter. I hope it got a good home though!

pictureonemore
Nov. 4, 2011, 04:35 AM
Camelot does have some cuties this week in the pony/mini department...but I agree: PONY, PONY, PONY!! Did I mention you should have a PPPOOOONNNYYYYY? lol

I totally need another horse like I need a hole in the head, but I found a Canter cutie that I am dying for. I want another horse to ride, the farm I am at wants a broodmare, and I am justifying calling in the morning with "we can share" reasoning.

S1969
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:49 AM
Ah well, I got the "ix-nay" on a pony this far away from my hauler (my boarder) as he would be the one hauling my trailer. And the mini person did get in touch with me and has a sweet 20 year old ex-broodmare she is looking to place in basically a long term free lease (they are handling the herd dispersal of another farm's breeding stock)...it sounds like just the thing to get us through until we are ready to find that perfect pony. (Because minis are small enough they don't count!) My biggest fear is ending up with a riding pony that is no more than a companion because it doesn't meet our needs....so can't be too impulsive! Ponies live forever!

Hope someone else can scoop up this perfect little pony!