PDA

View Full Version : I FINALLY did it...finally had my first clean and clear round

cswoodlandfairy
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:32 AM
So I've been steadily improving with Forrest over our Jumper fences. Well this past Sunday we had a Year end show at CVSJA and I finally had a clear round where I had ALL my spots! It was probably the best round, at a show, that I have ever ridden!! We placed 3rd in the class out of 30+ people for highest points and best time!

A week before the show, my trainer had Forrest and I working on rhythm over both low fences and ground poles. It seemed that once I figured out his rhythm and waited for Forrest to go to the fence instead of me pushing for a spot we nailed all our spots. I was a little worried since we had just started to really understand and work on it a week before the show, but we nailed it at the show. Sadly it was only one round out of the 4 that I did, however we did have some awesome rounds in the Mini Prix until my lovely horse decided he wanted nothing to do with the pink motorcycle like fence and got us DQ'd both times. Oh well, always next year.

But I was so excited that we finally after a year and a half had a perfect or at least near perfect round for us!! Please feel free to critique!

https://www.facebook.com/smm4sa#!/video/video.php?v=537553591631

And a picture of us, sporting our ribbon. Im just too thrilled!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.537549749331.2033173.50000208&type=1&l=2b9a05d3a4

Vetvivi
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:42 AM
Can't view it! But congratulations! Wish you continued success with your boy!

lucyeq
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:43 AM
I was at that show! I can't see them either, but great job!

cswoodlandfairy
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:45 AM
Sorry links should work now!

Jumper_girl221
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:53 AM
Congrats! I miss showing CVSJA...maybe my baby this year!

AliCat518
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:54 AM
Congrats Sasha!! Thats so exciting :)

You two look GREAT!

tidy rabbit
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:04 AM
Congratulations! Looks like you were having a blast! :) Nice horse!!

ParadoxFarm
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:50 AM
Looked nice and smooth! Good job.

Glad I'm not the only rider that has to be reminded to breathe. (I think that's what your trainer was saying.) :)

cswoodlandfairy
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:58 AM
Looked nice and smooth! Good job.

Glad I'm not the only rider that has to be reminded to breathe. (I think that's what your trainer was saying.) :)

Haha yes it was! I completely forget to breathe when I ride and progressively tense up as I go around the course. But if I actually remember to breathe in between fences Forrest is much more relaxed and we keep our rhythm through the whole course!

sansibar
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:05 AM
That is so awesome! You guys look great, and it seems like you had a lot of fun! It feels so awesome to finally get around clean!

I had the same thing happen with my gelding where we just could never go clear. Still haven't! Ended up going clear on my new horse and a catch ride, we're still hoping next year he can go clean!

cswoodlandfairy
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:16 PM
That is so awesome! You guys look great, and it seems like you had a lot of fun! It feels so awesome to finally get around clean!

I had the same thing happen with my gelding where we just could never go clear. Still haven't! Ended up going clear on my new horse and a catch ride, we're still hoping next year he can go clean!

I completely understand what you mean. I started this show series in Sept and my only goal was to make it to the Jump off...aka a clear round. Well we never made it to on...howver the round in the video was clear and no jumpoff included since it was a hit & hurry class. So Ill take it. I have one more Jumper show this year, so ill keep the same goal..make it to the jump off!!!!

TrotTrotPumpkn
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:44 PM
I can't see the links at work, but congrats!

FWIW, years ago I was riding with a clinician and was very nervous and she made me sing (because I wasn't breathing). Also helped me find a good rhythm.

Row, row, row your boat... ;)

enjoytheride
Nov. 3, 2011, 06:00 PM
That's the best I've ever seen you ride. Good job.

Effie1221
Nov. 3, 2011, 07:33 PM
Congratulations and keep up the good work!

cswoodlandfairy
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks everyone!!! He was definitely a superstar and finally we were able to work as a team. Still smiling over the course when I watch it again!

Beethoven
Nov. 4, 2011, 10:39 AM
He looks so much happier and relaxed! Nice riding!:)