PDA

View Full Version : Just a baby brag

ClassyRide
Nov. 1, 2011, 07:34 PM
My long yearling (Rose) made me a very proud momma when the farrier came last week. I knew she'd had her feet done at her breeder's, but being a new environment and all I didn't know how she'd do. The barn owner even told me later she was expecting a rodeo just because she's so young....

But she was A SUPERSTAR!!! :D She stood better for her trim than some of the adult horses at the barn!!! I <3 my little girl!

Also, I've never taken a measurement tape to her and was curious where we're at. I walked into her stall with the tape all loose and dangling to see what she'd do. She just sniffed it, lipped it a little, then went back to eating hay. "Eh. Whatever, Mom." What a good girl!

I was able to get her height with the tape (currently butt-high, we are 14.2 in front and 14.3 in back) and her weight (about 700 pounds). I was also able to string test her. :yes:

Now, I know string tests aren't always accurate so I'm not banking on the measurement I got. But, her breeder had estimated she'll be 15.2 or 15.3 hands when she's finished growing - which I'm ok with because I love the little girl's personality SO much. But, I wouldn't mind a little more height (both of my other two are 16 hands). Also, she's been growing like a little WEED since she got here May 1st, and it's been making me think she's going to get taller than her breeder expected. Well, the string test showed she'll make it to around 16.1 hands - YAY!!!! Even if she doesn't get that tall, I don't really care. But, it excites me to think she may just get as tall as my other two. ;)

Yee-hee-hee!!! I <3 my baby!

...Erm, I was going to attach a photo or two. I'm normally not a tech-retard, but I'm not seeing a way to attach photos. :confused: Any help on that would be appreciated, even though none of you want to be tortured with photos of a cute little filly. :winkgrin:

Anyway, thanks for reading!!! I know these things probably aren't very exciting to some people, but they have me beaming!!! I'm so proud of my little Rose!

MoonLadyIsis
Nov. 1, 2011, 07:59 PM
We need a like button!!!!! major likage..

FLeckenAwesome
Nov. 1, 2011, 09:30 PM
I'm excited for you too!!! My baby is only 5 months old and I need to get a tape or stick on him to see. He wasn't quite as good as your girl for his first trim, but considering it was his VERY first trim, I was proud of him too :)

Enjoy!!! Aren't babies fun?! :)