PDA

View Full Version : My littlest dude is now undersaddle!

tidy rabbit
Oct. 31, 2011, 03:22 PM
My little guy Comet is now going under saddle. He's coming along great but now I'm not sure how to act with no more babies in the pipeline.
:cry:

Common sense would tell me he should be the last one!

Here he is trotting for the first time undersaddle. (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2420094780048495570fFmBEG) It's okay to laugh at my outfit... :)

alittlegray
Oct. 31, 2011, 03:24 PM
He is SO cute!!! Nice eye candy, thank you!

OveroHunter
Oct. 31, 2011, 03:30 PM
Very cute, and I'm actually pretty envious of your chaps!

ddashaq
Oct. 31, 2011, 04:27 PM
Very cute, and I'm actually pretty envious of your chaps!

I was drooling over the chaps as well!:lol: Very nice horse, but then again all of yours are!

LeisaA
Oct. 31, 2011, 04:35 PM
Very cute! He's looking at the camera like he's saying "Look what I can do". Cutie!

BAC
Oct. 31, 2011, 04:46 PM
I like his color and he does seem to be staring right into the camera.

tidy rabbit
Oct. 31, 2011, 05:00 PM
He's about the same color as my chaps. :) I will have to get some new brown paddock boots to go with them and be sure to color coordinate for our next photo day. Maybe next weekend we'll canter.

Comet is the one and only horse I've bred myself and I just love him to pieces. I remember when he was just a spinal column and a heart beat on the ultrasound at 18 days.

PNWjumper
Oct. 31, 2011, 05:17 PM
Oh no! Are you commenting on your attire because I made fun of you on Facebook?

If it's any consolation, this is me schooling Charley a couple of weekends ago. I inadvertantly channeled the spirit of the 70s (http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2297296550094686761xAvmlS)with my color combo :D

Comet looks incredibly hot headed and difficult. How are you going to deal with him in the future when he gets bigger and stronger? Clearly you will need some serious gear on him :lol: (and in all seriousness he looks terrific!)

tidy rabbit
Oct. 31, 2011, 10:53 PM
No no, I'm generally much more aware of my attire for photo days. It was just so cold out and I had not worn those chaps in a couple years so they've been resurrected for this fall. I was pretty keenly aware of how they looked well before you said anything I was just hoping no one would notice.... :) But alas.... Besides, you never want to use good stuff when starting colts because they just wreck your stuff anyway.

aWp
Nov. 1, 2011, 12:31 AM
Love him! Can I ask what kind of saddle you ride in? I'm looking for a jumping saddle with a little more thigh block than the one I have now, and yours seems like it could work.

tidy rabbit
Nov. 1, 2011, 09:43 AM
That saddle I got from England, it was fairly inexpensive and has an adjustable gullet system. This is it....

http://www.hold-your-horses.com/Stunning-New-Eric-Thomas-French-jumping-saddle

It is not the best quality but it's comfortable and fits my hard to fit TB gelding. I like to use it on the babies because if they crash and burn with it on, I wont cry. :)

DMK
Nov. 1, 2011, 09:59 AM
The chaps and the cute baby are totally OK. The eye blinding teal jacket with red collar sticking out? Well it just made me avert my eyes and look at the cute baby longer. :D

tidy rabbit
Nov. 1, 2011, 10:43 AM
LOL, it was bad but not as bad as the pictures make it look. I'm laughing. Anyway here's a little video clip shows it in a more normal light, and my little baby trotting around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1pX0jINepI

DMK
Nov. 1, 2011, 11:05 AM
oh great, now we can look forward to an assortment of posters, not knowing about BabyDORKtrot Syndrome, coming on this thread to tell you how LAME YOUR HORSE IS!!! :D :D :p

(no fair using a trot helper ;) )

tidy rabbit
Nov. 1, 2011, 11:17 AM
BabyDORKtrot Syndrome....

^^ the force is strong in this one. (Yoda voice)

(no fair using a trot helper ;) )

I try to keep it as simple as possible. :)

Tha Ridge
Nov. 1, 2011, 11:46 AM
If it's any consolation, this is me schooling Charley a couple of weekends ago. I inadvertantly channeled the spirit of the 70s (http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2297296550094686761xAvmlS)with my color combo :D

With a leg like that, who cares what you're wearing? :eek: :)

Gorgeous baby, TR. Good luck with him!

fordtraktor
Nov. 1, 2011, 01:17 PM
Love him, TR. I adore Appendixes! I keep saying I'm going to get a WB but I keep buying more Appendixes. They are just so darn fun.

See you at Congress 2014? :D Hoping my yearling will be ready for the over fences by then....great show, great shopping, good chance at winning! You should totally eye that one with him...

PNWjumper
Nov. 1, 2011, 02:08 PM
With a leg like that, who cares what you're wearing? :eek: :)

Aw shucks, Tha Ridge, thank you! I joke that after years of riding "unconventional" horses that often had me channeling a monkey clinging to the back of a camel, I finally have one that makes me look like I might actually know what I'm doing (sometimes) :lol:

FordTraktor and TR, you must stop this silly talk of Congress and such. My only heavily defined goal when I got this farm was to pick up a QH to take into the GP ring with the "real" goal of making it back to the Worlds Show (which, while not successful for me the year I went, was certainly a lot of fun!). Guess how many TBs and WBs have fallen into my lap since??? Kind of ironic considering how many years I spent wishing I had anything other than a QH when I was showing in the GPs and Jrs.

Oh well, I guess I will just live vicariously through the two of you. :D (which I suppose also means I can't tell you to stop talking about it.....)

fordtraktor
Nov. 1, 2011, 02:23 PM
You NEED another QH, PNWjumper! A pretty, young uphill one with a nice big butt and a big ol' QH heart. They don't make horses any better than that!

Spud&Saf
Nov. 2, 2011, 02:12 PM
Baby Comet is all grown up now *tear*. Where does the time go?

He looks fantastic!!!!

OveroHunter
Nov. 2, 2011, 02:28 PM
You NEED another QH, PNWjumper! A pretty, young uphill one with a nice big butt and a big ol' QH heart. They don't make horses any better than that!

:yes:

PNWjumper
Nov. 2, 2011, 03:14 PM
:yes:

Okay, you guys are ganging up on me now. If my husband walks over while I'm typing this reply I'm going to have to slam the lid down so he can't see what I'm doing!

Maybe I should just buy Comet. Then I would have a new baby, TR could go buy (or make) another baby, and I could be part of the QH clique :D And Black Friday is coming, so maybe TR will consider a BOGO? I do like Ollie an awful lot too..... :cool:

tidy rabbit
Nov. 2, 2011, 05:27 PM
Funny you should say that PNWJumper,,,, I just officially put Ollie on the market today. Commie however is my special pet and I plan to keep him for all his days. :)

tidy rabbit
Nov. 2, 2011, 05:28 PM
Baby Comet is all grown up now *tear*. Where does the time go?

He looks fantastic!!!!

Thanks Spud!!! I miss hearing from you regularly... :yes: Hope all is well with you!

Beethoven
Nov. 2, 2011, 05:30 PM
My little guy Comet is now going under saddle. He's coming along great but now I'm not sure how to act with no more babies in the pipeline.
:cry:

Common sense would tell me he should be the last one!

Here he is trotting for the first time undersaddle. (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2420094780048495570fFmBEG) It's okay to laugh at my outfit... :)

Aww cute, but man does time fly! I remember him being born!:lol: I can't believe he is old enough to be ridden. Where does the time go?

Zu Zu
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:49 PM
WOW ``` YET ANOTHER GREAT LOOKING HORSE ```` :cool:

LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL THESE PICTURES !!!!! :D

MY GOODNESS ``` HOW LUCKY ARE YOU ?!!!!

ENJOY !!!!

Spud&Saf
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks Spud!!! I miss hearing from you regularly... :yes: Hope all is well with you!

I'm going to make a better effort - things get hectic for a while, then a while turns in to an adorable 2 year old colt. I wish they would stop expecting me to provide actual services in return for my pay at work...:D

tidy rabbit
Nov. 4, 2011, 02:04 PM
It's like I've raised a herd of horses here on COTH. LOL.