PDA

View Full Version : do they embroider leather gloves?

comingback
Oct. 31, 2011, 01:47 PM
I just got the new Dover catalog and the girl on the cover is petting her pony/horse's nose and her black leather glove has her name in whitish writing. It is extremely neat so I doubt it is handwritten in some type of ink.

Anyone heard of this? Might be a good idea for those that leave their gloves around and realize it days later and try to track it down in a busy barn/show environment (someone say, like me :D )

Celeritas
Oct. 31, 2011, 02:01 PM
If you are willing to experiment, contact SmartPak and I guarantee you they will try it. I've never heard of it, I just write my initials on the inside label in Sharpie, but I could see it potentially working. May be difficult with any kind of stretch fabric, but plain leather might work.

jumpytoo
Oct. 31, 2011, 02:05 PM
I want a pair the a big R and L on the proper hand, maybe on the thumb part

I can think of many people who need to borrow them

jen-s
Oct. 31, 2011, 02:59 PM

Me first!!!! Bwahahahahaha! :lol:

Tha Ridge
Oct. 31, 2011, 03:59 PM

When I was a kid and didn't know (i.e., would always turn the wrong way in the hack!), my parents wrote "L" and "R" in a paint pen on the inside of my glove. That worked for me. :lol:

comingback
Oct. 31, 2011, 04:12 PM

This is too funny!

BAC
Oct. 31, 2011, 04:47 PM
They embroider names and mongrams on chaps, don't see why it couldn't be done on leather gloves.

HunterJumperLuv
Oct. 31, 2011, 08:52 PM
Not sure who did the embroidering, but a friend of mine in college always had her initials embroidered on her gloves. I was ALWAYS jealous. Let me know if you find a company who will.

vxf111
Oct. 31, 2011, 11:34 PM
I investigated this for Devon and was told you'd have to have some sort of special embroidery foot/hoop. So it's probably possible but I would doubt that your average embroidery outfit is set up to do it. Smartpak is a good place to ask, I bet they'd look into it for you.